The Education Forum

Masters of Deceit: Propaganda, Disinformation and Corruption

John Simkin

"Information about Agency dealings with the Washington Post newspaper is extremely sketchy."

--Carl Bernstein

:D:lol:;):blink::D

Ashton

P.S. Forgive the smiley abuse. I cannot convey how long and loudly I laughed, but I think I scared the neighbor's cat.

"P.S. Forgive the smiley abuse. I cannot convey how long and loudly I laughed, but I think I scared the neighbor's cat."

That statement left me in stitches. :D

Thanks for reminding me to catch up before I head to Austin.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Colby's little "let's all go to the confessional booth" melodrama was begun as early as 7 May 1973. By then Colby was CIA's Director of Operations. It was then—with Nixon still in office, with the Watergate hearings raging, and almost precisely coordinated with Daniel Ellsberg's case being thrown out based on the CIA Liddy/Hunt/Fielding op Colby had helped in—that Colby wrote the very memo that was circulated to CIA personnel, inviting them to "come forward with anything the CIA might have done that exceeded the limits of the Agency's charter." The memo that Colby wrote, though, was not circulated over Colby's name, but over then-(briefly)-CIA Director Schlesinger's name.

I'm quoting myself here only because I inadvertently omitted an important point: Archbishop Colby's overwhelming divine inspiration for CIA confessionals came only, of course, after his cult-bretheren, Richard Helms and Sidney Gottlieb, had destroyed the evidence of all the sins they really wanted hidden, and then almost immediately had gone up in the Rapture. (Wait: no, Helms had been given a cushy ambassadorship on the other side of the world, and Gottlieb had "retired" with a fat pension right after they destroyed the CIA records at the end of 1972-beginning of 1973. Well, okay: they'd gone up in the Rapture.)

I can't think of any more propitious moment for a sudden inspiration of "let's all hold hands and confess."

"Kumbaya, my Lord. Kumbaya."

(Okay, put down the iron: I'll stop singing.)

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

But Colby's little "let's all go to the confessional booth" melodrama was begun as early as 7 May 1973. By then Colby was CIA's Director of Operations. It was then—with Nixon still in office, with the Watergate hearings raging, and almost precisely coordinated with Daniel Ellsberg's case being thrown out based on the CIA Liddy/Hunt/Fielding op Colby had helped in—that Colby wrote the very memo that was circulated to CIA personnel, inviting them to "come forward with anything the CIA might have done that exceeded the limits of the Agency's charter." The memo that Colby wrote, though, was not circulated over Colby's name, but over then-(briefly)-CIA Director Schlesinger's name.

I'm quoting myself here only because I inadvertently omitted an important point: Archbishop Colby's overwhelming divine inspiration for CIA confessionals came only, of course, after his cult-bretheren, Richard Helms and Sidney Gottlieb, had destroyed the evidence of all the sins they really wanted hidden, and then almost immediately had gone up in the Rapture. (Wait: no, Helms had been given a cushy ambassadorship on the other side of the world, and Gottlieb had "retired" with a fat pension right after they destroyed the CIA records at the end of 1972-beginning of 1973. Well, okay: they'd gone up in the Rapture.)

I can't think of any more propitious moment for a sudden inspiration of "let's all hold hands and confess."

Ashton

Once again, you're citing made-up facts to suit your own bizarre scenario. It fits into your own little world-view that Colby ordered the creation of the family jewels, so you state it as a fact, even though the admitted facts by ALL involved is that Schlesinger, a Nixon loyalist, ordered the creation of the family jewels, so that he (and Nixon, obviously) could know what the CIA had been up to during the Kennedy and Johnson years. Based on everything we KNOW about Nixon, it seems likely he was looking for leverage on the CIA--after all, they refused to bail him out of Watergate and may have even (according to Colson's theory) orchestrated it. Was it a coincidence then that the family jewels remained safe until Nixon's downfall, and that they then were leaked to the press, and that this led to subsequent investigations? Was it a coincidence then that Helms was revealed as a perjurer, as a result of these leaks, and as a result of Colby's testimony? And isn't it ironic that the lies Helms told were lies designed to protect NIXON, of all people, and that the media paid as much attention to Helms' lying as they did to Nixon and Kissinger's acts against Allende?

Isn't it likely that Nixon was behind the creation and exposure of the jewels, including MKULTRA? Or do you see Nixon hobbling off to San Clemente, with no thoughts of revenge?

Reagan appointed Casey as director of the Central Intelligence Agency. In this position he was able to arrange the delivery of arms to Iran. These were delivered via Israel. By the end of 1982 all Reagan’s promises to Iran had been made. With the deal completed, Iran was free to resort to acts of terrorism against the United States. In 1983, Iranian-backed terrorists blew up 241 marines in the CIA Middle-East headquarters.

The ultimate Iran-y, of course, was that Reagan ordered the invasion of Grenada to cover his retreat from Lebanon. I'd been skeptical that the move into Grenada was so calculated until reading Maggie Thatcher's memoirs. She claimed that Reagan invaded Grenada, a British protectorate, without even discussing it with her, and that the U.S. invasion was unnecessary.

"The ultimate Iran-y, of course, was that Reagan ordered the invasion of Grenada to cover his retreat from Lebanon."

I was absolutely appalled when that ridiculous fiasco was going down! They carried on as if it were Pearl Harbor or something, those damned arm chair warriors! How embarrassing to have to claim to be an American after witnessing that total display of ineptitude. Grenada was about as threatening to the sovereignty of the United States as Jamaica, or Bermuda, or Nassau and the Bahamas, for chrissakes! Is that all the Reagan/Regan regime could muster up was to go and invade a resort town? Or, maybe the "Resorts International" front was somehow at risk, or in danger of losing most of its clientel from the in-coming spring-break cruise lines, what with the bad PR being aired on the newswires and all? What a bunch of worthless yahoos!

Ha. There was a priceless New Yorker cartoon that showed an overblown General, presumably at home with spouse, in full uniform with a gazillion medals, holding a drink and posturing. His wife says to him:

"you're insufferable after a 'big win.' Anyway, I realize that a heard melody is sweeter.

But the Greneda thing was done to obfuscate matters involving the execution of some Castro associates, including someone named Maurice Bishop (no relation). Two birds, one stone; as usual.

Thank you, Michael.

I guess I really get pissed off by things that inadvertently equate me [as an American citizen] with asinine gov. strategies deployed in my name [as an American citizen], and with my tax dollars. Especially, when these strategies appear to me [as an American citizen] to be a complete exercise in banality, a comedy of errors, and a total embarrassment due to the waste of resources which could have been put to better use on projects here at home.

"Once again, Terry masters the art of understatement.

I do admire her passion in every one of her posts.

"

What the heck...I'd probably admire her passion without the posts (you can tell it's a Friday).

JG

"But the Greneda thing was done to obfuscate matters involving the execution of some Castro associates, including someone named Maurice Bishop (no relation). Two birds, one stone; as usual."

Yeah, there they go with those damned "cut-outs" of theirs, again. Smoke and mirrors. Now you see 'em, now you don't. Masters of deception, as well as the masters of invention of "identity theft," as the term has been coined. There always seems to be a "double" popping up somewhere for the seemingly expressed purpose of "You can't put the blame on Mame, here." We've got 2 John Hulls [F. or L., take your pick], we've got 2 Maurice Bishops [well, how convenient!], and let's see, now who else can I think of...

Just thought I throw this in for posterity. I believe the last verse is apropo:

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Lyrics by Rolling Stones

[verse]

I saw her today at a reception

A glass of wine in her hand

I knew she would meet her connection

At her feet was her footloose man

[chorus]

No, you can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

And if you try sometime you find

You get what you need

Yeah, baby

[verse]

And I went down to the demonstration

To get my fair share of abuse

Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration

If we don't we're gonna blow a 50-amp fuse"

Sing it to me now...

[chorus]

But if you try sometimes well you just might find

You get what you need

Oh baby, yeah, yeah!

[verse]

I went down to the Chelsea drugstore

To get your prescription filled

I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy

And man, did he look pretty ill

We decided that we would have a soda

My favorite flavor, cherry red

I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy

Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was "dead"

I said to him

[chorus]

You can't always get what you want, no!

You can't always get what you want (tell ya baby)

You can't always get what you want (no)

But if you try sometimes you just might find

You get what you need

Oh yes! Truly.

You get what you need--yeah, baby!

[verse]

I saw her today at the reception

In her glass was a bleeding man

She was practiced at the art of deception

Well I could tell by her blood-stained hands

[chorus]

But if you try sometimes you just might find

You just might find

You get what you need

[repeat chorus]

Lyrics! I love lyrics.

And the rolling stones are an appropriate choice given their role in the drowning murder of Brian Jones.

:P

Ashton

Once again, you're citing made-up facts to suit your own bizarre scenario. It fits into your own little world-view that Colby ordered the creation of the family jewels, so you state it as a fact, even though the admitted facts by ALL involved is that Schlesinger, a Nixon loyalist, ordered the creation of the family jewels, so that he (and Nixon, obviously) could know what the CIA had been up to during the Kennedy and Johnson years. Based on everything we KNOW about Nixon, it seems likely he was looking for leverage on the CIA--after all, they refused to bail him out of Watergate and may have even (according to Colson's theory) orchestrated it. Was it a coincidence then that the family jewels remained safe until Nixon's downfall, and that they then were leaked to the press, and that this led to subsequent investigations? Was it a coincidence then that Helms was revealed as a perjurer, as a result of these leaks, and as a result of Colby's testimony? And isn't it ironic that the lies Helms told were lies designed to protect NIXON, of all people, and that the media paid as much attention to Helms' lying as they did to Nixon and Kissinger's acts against Allende?

Isn't it likely that Nixon was behind the creation and exposure of the jewels, including MKULTRA? Or do you see Nixon hobbling off to San Clemente, with no thoughts of revenge?

"Schlesinger, a Nixon loyalist, ordered the creation of the family jewels, so that he (and Nixon, obviously) could know what the CIA had been up to during the Kennedy and Johnson years. Based on everything we KNOW about Nixon, it seems likely he was looking for leverage on the CIA--after all, they refused to bail him out of Watergate and may have even (according to Colson's theory) orchestrated it."

Nixon [a Quaker], as well as any other common citizen, lacking in aristocratic, elite bloodlines or connections, was a witting stooge in his paranoid attempt to keep tabs on the CIA. He was a witting puppet to the regime that orchestrated his election for their supreme opportunitistic agendas [with reference to Watergate, as well as the subsequent disposal of Allende, to name a few]. The same scenario with Reagan [an actor], another stooge, albeit unwitting, whose "Great Communicator" handle was created by the same aristocratic elitist establishment for the expressed purpose of deluding the dumb citizenry into believing that the hostages were being set free, and the Berlin Wall was coming down because some old doddering cowboy "image" was talking "tough" to these "rotten commie bastards." Nixon's fatal mistake was in believing [idealistically] that he could possibly "outwit" the CIA at their own game, thus justifying any underhanded maneuvers he may have had to employ as an excuse for having to fight "fire with fire." He ended up being assassinated in the characteristic sense of the word.

Reagan ended up literally "asleep at the wheel" as it became more apparent at who was really running the office [Donald Regan, Casper Weingarten, George Schultz, and Howard Baker]. I considered Reagan's Vice President, lacking in intelligence, though admittedly, not to the extent of his son, G.W., and actually of no great consequence compared to the other "players" in Reagan's administration. And, G.H.W. and G.W. pale in comparison to Prescott.

So, there you have it. If your granddad, or your great-granddad cannot be counted among the American blue-bloods, you're nothing more than a utilitarian object or tool, to be used in the scheme of things catering to the whims of the upper 5 to 10 percentile.

And, you can bring up all the little details, the dirty laundry, and what have you, but in the end, the facts remain the same. The "winners" aka Eastern Establishment [Yale, Wall Street, Morgan-Chase] always win, the "losers" aka plebes [LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Clinton, Gore] always end up losing. Ain't it great to be alive?

Happy Thanksgiving Week.

I have included a section on the people who have tried to expose the "Masters of Deceit. I have just uploaded a page on Alexander Litvinenko:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/MDlitvinenko.htm

I have also started a thread on Alexander Litvinenko.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8637

In this way members can take part in the investigation of this murder. I will also start a thread on the death of Anna Politkovskaya. I believe the two deaths are closely connected. The links to the relevant threads will be as always be added to my web pages. Within a few weeks these pages will be high-ranked in the search-engines. In this way we can help influence public perception of these events.

Ashton

Once again, you're citing made-up facts to suit your own bizarre scenario.

We're about to find out who's making up "facts" and spreading them like the plague all over an educational research forum, son. You and me. Right here. Right now. Buckle up and hold tight; this might be a white-knuckler...

It fits into your own little world-view that Colby ordered the creation of the family jewels, so you state it as a fact, even though the admitted facts by ALL involved is that Schlesinger, a Nixon loyalist, ordered the creation of the family jewels...

If I recall correctly, the rule around here is that we're supposed to call bombastic assertions of utterly gross flat-out falsehoods something sweet, like "bouquets" or "potpourri" or "eau de toilette" or something, but instead of bothering to paste any phony labels at all on your packaged poison, I'll just put the antidote here:

No less a light than Thomas Powers had to admit, in "The Department of Dirty Tricks"—his CIA whitewash and paean to all the CIA Boy Scouts and choir boys—that it was Colby, not Schlesinger, who originated the entire idea of the CIA "confessions" that came to be known as "The Family Jewels," and that it was Colby, not Schlesinger, who authored the very directive that brought it into being.

If you had the integrity to research and write facts instead of poisoning minds with your CIA-apologist fiction, you'd have told readers that it was nothing but yet another CIA op that had been fully set up to hide, not expose, the CIA's most important secrets, and that it worked exactly as they had planned.

You also would have told them that it went off right on cue, immediately after the twin CIA-controlled Watergate operatives, Dean and Hunt, had "exposed" the Hunt-Liddy-Fielding-Ellsberg CIA op to the world. Well, they "exposed" it exactly the way the CIA wanted it "exposed." More on that in a minute. But first, here's what happened immediately after the CIA's lap-dogs, Dean and Hunt, howled a little two-part harmony in the Watergate investigation:

• Colby and Vernon Walters, the deputy DCI, had both assured Schlesinger that he knew everything there was to know about the CIA's involvement in Watergate. Now Schlesinger discovered that Hunt had committed a burglary with material aid from the CIA. [ASHTON NOTE: Yeah. Schlesinger "discovered" the CIA involvement in the Hunt-Liddy-Fielding-Ellsberg CIA op through John Dean and E. Howard Hunt testimony. Right. Don't touch that dial...]
    ...[Emphasis added]: Colby had a plan ready to deal with this problem. He [Colby] suggested that Schlesinger issue a directive to every CIA employee instructing him to come forward with anything the CIA might have done that exceeded the limits of the Agency's charter. Schlesinger thought this a good idea. Colby wrote the order, Schlesinger signed it, and copies were distributed within the CIA on May 9, 1973, the same day on which Nixon moved Schlesinger to the Department of Defense, and appointed Colby as the new director of central intelligence.

Some part of that you can't seem to grasp, Speer? If so, I guarantee you you're in the lower 10% of people who read. Not "read this forum." Read. Period. And I don't know about anybody else who reads this forum, but I personally don't think you're that door-knob dumb.

Despite Powers's endless fawning and pawing in his larger narrative over the co-conspiring CIA scumbags (but I repeat myself), and his relentless attribution of phony, CIA-concocted altruistic motives, the dates and authorship are verifiable and incontrovertible.

So just who are these "ALL involved" you're spreading your toxic fictions about, son? You and the voices in your head? I realize that the CIA approach to "historical accuracy" is to just keep pumping out obscene lies like sewage from ten thousand pipes to drown out the truth and everything in its path. So if you really aren't door-knob dumb, why do you keep pumping the exact same CIA-favorable disinformation into an educational forum?

Don't let me interrupt your CIA-fawning fable, though. Do, please, pump on:

Schlesinger, a Nixon loyalist, ordered the creation of the family jewels so that he (and Nixon, obviously) could know what the CIA had been up to during the Kennedy and Johnson years.

Listen up, and listen up good: For over a year and a half—until 22 December 1974—Colby never informed the White House of the Family Jewels at all—something he "later described as simple oversight." Dontcha' know. And neither did Schlesinger inform the White House, and neither did anybody else at CIA.

In case you don't have your reading glasses handy, let me make that a little more plain:

For over a year and a half—until 22 December 1974—Colby never informed the White House of the Family Jewels—something he "later described as simple oversight."

Just in case you really are having a little reading comprehension problem, let me dumb that down for you real good:

NIXON NEVER SAW THE CIA "CONFESSIONS" CALLED "THE FAMILY JEWELS" AT ALL.

Now, what was that you said again? Tell me one more time, as though it were carved on stone tablets brought down from wherever you collect your grocery money:

Schlesinger, a Nixon loyalist, ordered the creation of the family jewels so that he (and Nixon, obviously) could know what the CIA had been up to during the Kennedy and Johnson years.

Well, sure, sure, Pat. Right-o. Utterly brilliant analysis of the facts! I call for a standing ovation.

And now that you've told us all "just how it happened," now that you've completely poisoned the ground water with the sewage of "The Official CIA Story" of their "confessions," if you don't mind (well, to be perfectly candid, I don't give a flaming effluvium whether you mind or not), I'm going to set forth a few little facts that it seems you somehow missed concerning the genesis of these "Family Jewels" while you were so busy pounding the podium with your endless CIA apologies and endorsements and assertions of CIA Purity, Uprightness, Kindliness, and Ethics (PUKE).

Let's just refer to your having missed these salient and vitally important facts as "a simple oversight." Worked for Colby. Ought to work for you.

First a little background to what actually took place in those early months of 1973:

William Colby had been CIA Director of Covert Operations and CIA's Executive Director and Comptroller throughout 1972, the substantive period of the CIA's Watergate hoax. It and its set-up, the Pentagon Papers CIA op, served several of the CIA's perverse purposes, not the least of which was to act as a two-year-long running smoke screen to hide and justify the actions necessary to their number one covert domestic/international operation—which remained entirely hidden and secret throughout. That of course was their "remote viewing" program, the development of which ran completely parallel to, and covered by, the CIA's Pentagon Papers and Watergate ops.

The super-clandestine remote viewing program was put into place in 1972—while Watergate was completely dominating the headlines and methodically demoloshing the White House—by CIA's Richard Helms (Director CIA), Vernon Walters (Deputy Director CIA), Sidney Gottlieb (head of CIA's Technical Service Division [TSD] where the program was started), and William Colby (CIA Director of Covert Operations; CIA Executive Director and Comptroller). Their positions were such that the remote viewing program could not possibly have been created without their full knowledge and active participation as the major architects and engineers at all relevant times.

A good deal, but not all, of the details of this parallel black CIA operation have been set forth in the Watergate forum, specifically in the topics called A Concise CIA-Pentagon Papers-Watergate Timeline and R. Spencer Oliver. Other details are laid out in an external page, the Remote Viewing Timeline.

And so it stood in the last months of 1972, after the remote viewing program had been officially started with a secret 1 October 1972 CIA contract with two Scientology OTs: NSA's own Hal Puthoff and Ingo Swann. By January of 1973 Helms and Gottlieb (of course with the knowledge of Vernon Walters and William Colby) had erased all their tracks by destroying CIA records.

So everything was all set by Wednesday, 3 January 1973, for these same CIA scum to send their little messenger, Anthony Goldin, trotting over to the Watergate prosecutors to deliver CIA copies of photos of their snakes E. Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy identifiably posing in front the office door of their own Lewis J. Fielding, purportedly the "psychiatrist" of their boy, Daniel Ellsberg. Naturally, this is the same day that Ellsberg went on "trial." The fix was in. Helms knew it. Walters knew it. Colby knew it. And if anybody reading this is naive enough to think they didn't know it, I have absolutely nothing to offer you, so please stop reading here and and go find a good Dr. Seuss book to entertain you.

Because as the Watergate hearings then raged on, in parallel with Ellsberg's mock "trial" (for which the CIA fix was already in), Gottlieb conveniently "retired," Helms conveniently got "fired" and was handed a cushy ambassadorship on the other side of the world in Iran, and the "new squeaky clean" DCI, Schlesinger, promptly (and conveniently) fired every CIA agent in the place who knew more than they probably should know going into the next major domestic CIA op: "The Family Jewels."

And here's how that actually went down:

• Wednesday, 3 January 1973
    Daniel Ellsberg goes on trial, accused of theft and conspiracy in the disclosure of the Pentagon Papers. On the same day, the CIA's Anthony Goldin hand delivers to the Department of Justice Watergate prosecutors photocopies of 10 photos of E. Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy posing in front of the office of purported Ellsberg psychiatrist Lewis J. Fielding. Richard Helms is DCI, Vernon Walters is D/DCI, William Colby now is CIA Deputy Director of Operations—but is still CIA Executive Director and Comptroller.
    Thursday, 4 January 1973
    The day after CIA has planted the photos of Hunt and Liddy with Watergate prosecutors (which will not be revealed for several months), John "Jack" Caulfield delivers to John Dean a handwritten copy of a letter Caulfield has received from CIA's McCord. McCord's letter states, "If Helms goes and the Watergate operation is laid at CIA's feet, where it does not belong, every tree in the forest will fall... . Just pass the message that if they want it to blow, they are on exactly the right course."
    Thursday, 11 January 1973
    CIA's E. Howard Hunt pleads guilty on all counts of the indictment against him.
    Monday, 15 January 1973
    The remaining Watergate defendants, except for G. Gordon Liddy and James McCord, plead guilty to all counts against them.
    Thursday, 1 c. February 1973
    • Scientology OT VII Hal Puthoff, head of the CIA's secret remote viewing program, and his associate Russell Targ have meetings with “selected Agency [CIA] personnel” to review the results of their research contract with CIA. Several CIA Office of Research and Development (ORD) officers show interest in contributing their own “expertise and office funding” to the program. Prior to this, the contract has been with CIA’s Office of Technical Services (OTS—formerly Technical Services Division [TSD]).
    • At around the same time CIA psychiatrist Dr. Louis Jolyon "Jolly" West is attempting through J.M. Stubblebine to get a Nike missile base in the Santa Monica Mountains turned over to the Neuropsychiatric Institute as "a research facility." [NOTE: West's ostensible reason for such a "research facility" was stated as being "perhaps initially (emphasis added) as an adjunct to the new Center for the Prevention of Violence," itself a CIA front. The timing of West's efforts here is notable since West is known later to have been directly involved in the CIA's secret remote viewing program.]
    • At around the same time, payments of $25,000 and $35,000 in cash are paid to E. Howard Hunt's attorney, William O. Bittman.
    Friday, 2 February 1973
    Richard Helms is out as Director of Central Intelligence (DCI), James R. Schlesinger is in as DCI. Vernon Walters is still Deputy Director of Central Intelligence (D/DCI). William Colby is CIA Deputy Director of Operations—but also is still CIA Executive Director and Comptroller. Sometime around Schlesinger's taking over as DCI, he appoints "Agency veteran" John McMahon as new head of CIA's Office of Technical Service (OTS), replacing Sidney Gottlieb. This puts McMahon over the CIA's secret remote viewing program using Scientology OTs. [NOTE: Although the CIA's own article describes McMahon as an "Agency veteran" at the time of this appointment, information about McMahon's earlier CIA career is extremely limited. What can be said with certainty is that when being made head of OTS, he was coming from CIA's Directorate of Science and Technology, which had been significantly involved in the 1971-1972 development of the remote viewing program.]
    Wednesday, 7 February 1973
    Just five days after leaving as Director of CIA, Richard Helms testifies before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. During the testimony, he makes statements regarding CIA involvement with attempts at overthrowing the Allende regime in Chile for which Helms, years later, will be convicted of perjury. [NOTE: In one of the endless "coincidences" that seem to flood from Langley, the exact thing that Helms testifies falsely about is about to be "confessed to" in the infamous CIA "Family Jewels" scam—which "confession" won't be made known publically for almost two more years. When it finally is, it results in Helms, year later, being given a probation slap on the wrist for his "perjury" as a result of the great phony CIA "housecleaning."]
    Friday, 9 February 1973
    The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) serves an administrative summons for production of records on Henning Heldt of Scientology's Guardian's Office. Heldt also is Vice President and Director of the Church of Scientology of California, which, by blanket transfer, owns and controls all of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard's copyrights and trademarks. [NOTE: Hubbard mysteriously had disappeared during Memorial Day weekend 1972—the same weekend that CIA's Hunt, Liddy, McCord, Baldwin et al. purportedly had been engaged in a "first break-in" at the Watergate complex. Subsequent research and investigation has revealed that there was no "first break-in" at all. See article,
There was no "first break-in" at the Watergate.]
Thursday, 15 c. February 1973
CIA’s Office of Research and Discovery (ORD) sends Project Officers to Stanford Research Institute (SRI) to report on the psi experiments of Scientology OTs Hal Puthoff and Ingo Swan, et al., as ORD is considering joining CIA’s Office of Technical Services, being run by John McMahon, in sponsoring the program on a joint basis.
Monday, 5 March 1973
John Dean tells federal Watergate investigator Henry Petersen about files "from Hunt's safe" that Dean purportedly had handed directly to Acting FBI Director L. Patrick Gray in a sealed envelope or envelopes.
Saturdy, 17 March 1973
In a taped Oval Office converstion, John Dean springs on Nixon the existence of CIA photos of E. Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy that have been taken in front of the door of Lewis J. Fielding, purported psychiatrist of Daniel Ellsberg. [NOTE: Curiously, no explanation is offered of how John Dean is privy to this "evidence" that no one else has or knows of except the Watergate prosecutors and the CIA. Even more curiously, this CIA-created, CIA-supplied "evidence" will not be given to the Ellsberg court for almost two more months. See entry 11 May 1973. It's in this taped conversation that Dean makes sure to get in his later famous comment about Hunt and Liddy: "These fellows had to be some idiots." Well, of course they were, John-Boy.]
Wednesday, 21 March 1973
Another $75,000 cash is deliver to E. Howard Hunt's attorney, William O. Bittman.
Thursday, 5 April 1973
L. Patrick Gray withdraws his name from nomination proceedings for him to become confirmed as FBI Director.
Sunday, 15 April 1973
•According to "The Official Story," John Dean purportedly tells "the federal prosecutors about the burglary of Dr. Lewis Fielding's office in Los Angeles engineered by E. Howard Hunt, with the CIA's assistance." [NOTE: This is one of the most blatant and extraordiary screw-ups in the entire miserable CIA op. The sources who make this claim completely evade and avoid the fact that the "federal prosecutors" are the ones who had been in possession of the CIA photos of Hunt and Liddy since the very day Ellsberg's phony "trial" had started months earlier, on 3 January 1973.]
•Around this time a third Scientology OT named Pat Price becomes a key part of CIA's top-secret remote viewing program.
Monday, 16 April 1973
CIA's E. Howard Hunt "confirms what John Dean had told federal prosecutors" about the CIA Fielding office op—of course spinning it that it was completely a White House op. [NOTE: It is now that William Colby reportedly proposes to DCI Schlesinger the memorandum that will create "the Family Jewels."]
Tuesday, 17 April 1973
The day after the Dean-Hunt tag-team, L. Patrick Gray makes a phone call to Senator Lowell Weicker and says that "the lid is going to blow off."
Friday, 20 April 1973
CIA’s Office of Research and Development is to become involved in the CIA's secret remote viewing program at SRI, requesting an increase in the scope of the effort, and transferring funds for the program to CIA’s Office of Technical Services (OTS). Evidenced by a referenced memo of this date: “C/TSD; Memorandum for Assistant Deputy Director for Operations [William Colby]; Subject: Request for Approval of Contract; 20 April 1973 (SECRET).”
Monday, 23 April 1973
Three days after Colby gets the proposal for expansion of the secret remote viewing program, L. Patrick Gray meets secretly with Senator Lowell Weicker, and purportedly tells Weicker that he, Gray, has "burned papers given to him by John Dean that had been taken from the safe of E. Howard Hunt." Gray tells Weicker that he burned the papers in a trash can in his office at the FBI on 3 July 1972. [NOTE: This is just one of three conflicting stories told about what became of the puported papers from the White House safe of E. Howard Hunt.]
Tuesday, 24 April 1973
CIA Deputy Director of Operations (DDO) William Colby decides that the Office of Research and Development’s request for a contract for expansion of the CIA's Scientology-based remote viewing experiments should go to the CIA's Executive Management Committee for approval.
Wednesday, 25 April 1973
L. Patrick Gray has another private meeting with Senator Lowell Weicker.
Thursday, 26 April 1973
L. Patrick Gray has another private meeting with Senator Lowell Weicker.
Friday, 27 April 1973
L. Patrick Gray resigns as Acting Director of the FBI. [NOTE: According to a Time magazine story of 7 May 1973, Gray resigns "a few hours after the news reports of his destruction of the Hunt files." It is Senator Lowell Weicker who has given the story to news media, claiming that Gray had put the Hunt papers "in a burn bag" at his FBI office. This is only one of at least three different stories about what had become of the alleged papers. See forum topic The Diem Cables for full discussion.]
Friday, 4 May 1973
One week to the day after L. Patrick Gray's sensational resignation, CIA Deputy Director of Operations, Executive Director, and Comptroller William Colby prepares a memorandum addressed to Director of Central Intelligence James Schlesinger requesting approval of the CIA's Office of Research and Development (ORD) contract for expansion of the secret remote viewing program. Evidenced by by CIA memorandum: ”W.E. Colby; DDO; Memorandum for Director of Central Intelligence; Subject: Request for Approval of Contract; 4 May 1973 (SECRET).” [NOTE: This is smoking gun proof of Schlesinger's knowledge of the secret remote viewing program. It also should be noted that there is no evidence in any record of Richard Nixon ever having any knowledge of the CIA's secret remote viewing program even till the day he died, or any awareness of the involvement of highly-trained Scientologists as the CIA's key and central personnel in the program. This is evidence that Schlesinger's oft-cited statement upon taking the DCI position, "I'm here to make sure you don't screw Richard Nixon," was just one more CIA-scripted public lie. Some researchers have gone so far as to posit that Schlesinger had been "negotiated" into the position by CIA specifically so he could be fully briefed on the secret remote viewing program, then be further "negotiated," with the help of Henry Kissinger, into being Secretary of Defense—who would have to be informed of the program, it being developed for military intelligence purposes—and that this accounts for his almost ridiculously short tenure before being replaced by Colby, who had been a senior architect of the program with Helms, Gottlieb, and others.]
Wednesday, 9 May 1973
Just five days after the request is sent to DCI James Schlesinger to expand the secret remote viewing program, he is named as the new Secretary of Defense by Richard Nixon. He is to be replaced by CIA Deputy Director of Operations, Executive Director, and Comptroller William Colby. On the same day, a directive that has been written by Colby is signed by Schlesinger, and distributed within the CIA, instructing all CIA employees to come forward with anything the CIA might have done that "exceeded the limits of the Agency's charter."

There, Speer: spin that, Official Story Boy.

Ashton Gray

Edited by Ashton Gray

Ashton...I read your interesting long piece.

I noticed repeated references to Scientology and Remote Viewing

in relation to the CIA.

Will you please elaborate on these and their connection to the

topics under discussion? Are you familiar with the research of

Jim Marrs on remote viewing?

Is Scientology some sort of secret CIA front?

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Over the last couple of years I have spent a lot of time developing my website on the JFK assassination. During my research I have discovered a great deal about the way the media control the information that gets to the American public. The most important aspect of this is the CIA’s Operation Mockingbird.

According to the Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities report published in 1976: "The CIA currently maintains a network of several hundred foreign individuals around the world who provide intelligence for the CIA and at times attempt to influence opinion through the use of covert propaganda. These individuals provide the CIA with direct access to a large number of newspapers and periodicals, scores of press services and news agencies, radio and television stations, commercial book publishers, and other foreign media outlets." Frank Church argued that the cost of misinforming the world cost American taxpayers an estimated $265 million a year.

In February, 1976, George Bush, the Director of the CIA, announced a new policy: “Effective immediately, the CIA will not enter into any paid or contract relationship with any full-time or part-time news correspondent accredited by any U.S. news service, newspaper, periodical, radio or television network or station.” However, he added that the CIA would continue to “welcome” the voluntary, unpaid cooperation of journalists.

As a result Operation Mockingbird continued and in fact, it is more successful today than it has ever been. I have decided to spend the next couple of years looking into how Mockingbird works today. I am going to call this section “Masters of Deceit: Propaganda, Disinformation and Corruption”.

One of my first subjects will be Roger Ailes, the man who runs Fox News. According to the excellent “Outfoxed”, every day, Ailes or one of his assistant’s sends out a memo to all the Fox producers on the interpretation that Murdoch wants. For example, one memo said that they must do everything they could to make sure that 9/11 does not become another “Watergate”.

One polling organization attempted to discover the impact that different news organizations had on people’s political knowledge. They discovered that regular watchers of Fox News showed the highest levels of political ignorance. See this report, Misperceptions, the Media and the Iraq War, published in October, 2003:

A new study based on a series of seven US polls conducted from January through September of this year reveals that before and after the Iraq war, a majority of Americans have had significant misperceptions and these are highly related to support for the war in Iraq.

The polling, conducted by the Program on International Policy (PIPA) at the University of Maryland and Knowledge Networks, also reveals that the frequency of these misperceptions varies significantly according to individuals’ primary source of news. Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely.

An in-depth analysis of a series of polls conducted June through September found 48% incorrectly believed that evidence of links between Iraq and al Qaeda have been found, 22% that weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq, and 25% that world public opinion favored the US going to war with Iraq. Overall 60% had at least one of these three misperceptions.

Such misperceptions are highly related to support for the war. Among those with none of the misperceptions listed above, only 23% support the war. Among those with one of these misperceptions, 53% support the war, rising to 78% for those who have two of the misperceptions, and to 86% for those with all 3 misperceptions. Steven Kull, director of PIPA, comments, “While we cannot assert that these misperceptions created the support for going to war with Iraq, it does appear likely that support for the war would be substantially lower if fewer members of the public had these misperceptions.”

The frequency of Americans’ misperceptions varies significantly depending on their source of news. The percentage of respondents who had one or more of the three misperceptions listed above is shown below.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/art...02&lb=brusc

John

This is the first time I have posted on the forum, although I have been 'lurking' for several years and have only applied to join in the last six months. I think this is an important thread as one of the most important aspects of the forum is that it provides not only specific information of the assassination of JFK with regard to how it may have been carried out and the motives behind it, but it also presents information that clearly presents evidence of how world events are manipulated through the media and how propaganda is used to manipulate current events. I have recently finished reading ' The Assassinations' by Lisa Pease and James DiEugenio and the section regarding the failure of the 'Fourth Estate' was one of the most interesting sections because of its resonance with regard to current events and affairs. A few years ago I would have been happy to read the reports presented by the usual press outlets and media, however the information I have read on the forum has encouraged me to look at everything more skeptically and to try to match the 'words' with the known 'facts' and think for myself. I read 1984 when I was 16 - and had no real idea of what Mr Blair was saying. This Forum is a mine of information regarding the era during which the assassinations in the US occurred (and many other assassinations and covert actions by the various governments we are asked to trust) and it must always maintain its objective of trying to uncover the particular crimes committed at the time, however it also would seem to offer an education in the modus operandi of most modern governments with regard to current events as well. After reading into this subject, my first reaction to the death of Dr Kelly, for example, was to question whether his death may have been the result of murder rather than suicide..... 10 years ago this would not have been the case. Unfortunately, given the extreme secrecy regarding this affair, the facts will surely never be knows. The almost impossibility of ever knowing the truth of what really occurs in these matters is maddening, except for the fact that just being able to question these events is a mark of having a little bit of freedom left to fight for. The point of this is simply to be able to say that you are not necessarily going to accept the official version of anything and that, even at the risk of being wrong or lead by your personal prejudices / incorrect information, it is still possible to do this, without being censored/censured in a serious way. I am personally sick to death, for example, of listening to anti-Muslim propaganda, pro-war/fear engendering propaganda all over the place, invading my tv and radio........ aaaaaaaaaaargggghhhh, but I still feel I can criticize this without punishment. On another note It is interesting that the Shane O'Sullivan piece has managed to make its way onto the airwaves. Although noone I know, except me, has seen it or heard of it and the reaction to it has come from minority interest groups, I still think it's important. With the current world crisis, it is still important to find out more about the past to inform us about the present however, and Mr O'Sullivan should be commended for trying to do this. I hope than any subsequent work should not only put forward more evidence that this assassination was not as history has so far portrayed it, but that it should help to inform us that we should also look more intently at other events currently shaping the world (within the last few days for example, the assassination in the Lebanon and the assassination of Mr Letvinenko....). Educating us all about the methods and motives of disinformation and doublespeak is the most important function of this forum. Bringing to account the criminals who commit these crimes is important, but making us all aware of the corruption around us is paramount.

Hi, Jack.

Ashton...I read your interesting long piece.

I noticed repeated references to Scientology and Remote Viewing

in relation to the CIA.

Will you please elaborate on these and their connection to the

topics under discussion?

As far as my knowledge goes, what you see in the above post and the other articles linked to in it is what I know. I see definite connections to the topics under discussion, since this was the most secretive activity that the CIA and its principals were engaged in at all times relevant to the so-called "Family Jewels" and the several years leading up to them.

In my view it's particularly germane to CIA "Propaganda, Disinformation and Corruption" given the complete hypocrisy of the Great CIA Confessions Purge, the entirety of which—all the way through the Rockefeller and the Church Committees—never revealed the slightest hint of this major black operation being run a stone's throw from where the Congresscritters sat and bloviated.

The fact that the complete track of the development of the remote viewing program exactly parallels in time both the Pentagon Papers op and the Watergate hoax, the question I would have is how could anybody theorize a complete disconnect between those and the CIA's number one black operation.

Add to that the fact that the world never knew the slightest thing about this CIA program until 1995, that it had run with unknown millions in funding for over 25 years in complete secrecy, and that an estimated 95% of it is still classified, it all adds up to a significant issue in my view.

Are you familiar with the research of

Jim Marrs on remote viewing?

I'm afraid I'm not very. I've heard the name. And not to suggest even slightly that he would be in such a category, since I'm not familiar with him and his research, I do have to comment that there is an ocean of disinformation on the subject. (There's a surprise, huh?)

In fact, the biggest CIA mouthpiece on it is Major Ed Dames, who has lied through his teeth publically claiming flatly that the three central originators were not highly-trained Scientologists. Major Ed Dames is a CIA xxxx (but I repeat myself).

Is Scientology some sort of secret CIA front?

:cheers:D

Jack, I'm afraid you're going to have to ask somebody besides me.

From the little I've read about Hubbard's scathing disdain for government agencies, though I, um, tend to doubt it.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

Are you familiar with the research of Jim Marrs on remote viewing?
I'm afraid I'm not very. I've heard the name. And not to suggest even slightly that he would be in such a category, since I'm not familiar with him and his research, I do have to comment that there is an ocean of disinformation on the subject. (There's a surprise, huh?)

Marrs' book:

http://www.amazon.com/PSI-Spies-Jim-Marrs/...TF8&s=books

Marrs' book:

Thanks, Michael.

I've invested a very limited amount of time researching to find what he's said on the subject of RV, and so far, in the paltry bits I found, I see not only the Official Agency Line and a complete avoidance of any mention of the Scientology roots of the program, but also an almost consistent oblique tie-in with the whole UFO cess pool.

<Sniff. Sniff.> :) What's that smell?

:lol:

Ashton

Marrs' book:

Thanks, Michael.

I've invested a very limited amount of time researching to find what he's said on the subject of RV, and so far, in the paltry bits I found, I see not only the Official Agency Line and a complete avoidance of any mention of the Scientology roots of the program, but also an almost consistent oblique tie-in with the whole UFO cess pool.

<Sniff. Sniff.> :) What's that smell?

:lol:

Ashton

You're showing your true colors, Ashton. And they are wacky. People who don't acknowledge the Church of Scientology's groundbreaking work in RV and who don't believe the study of RV is the Rosetta Stone to unlocking Watergate are touting the "Official Agency Line" but researching UFOs is a "cesspool." My, we are closed-minded... except when it comes to our personal little take on things...

By the way, everything we know about Nixon tells us he was planning to gain better control of the bureaucracy in his second term, and make all the governmental agencies accountable to one man, himself. Haldeman believes this indirectly influenced Watergate, as there was a huge backlash against Nixon going on at the same time the scandal was seeping out. We also know, via Ehrlichman, that Nixon was obsessed with finding out what was in all the CIA reports regarding the Diem assassination and the Bay of Pigs. We know from the tapes, Ehrlichman, Dean, Colson, Hunt, etc that Nixon wanted to use these reports to damage the Kennedy legacy. While this was purportedly to damage Teddy, those who've studied Nixon know he felt a lasting rivalry/jealousy with JFK, even after JFK's death. It makes sense then that Nixon would want to have access to all of Kennedy's dirt, to pollute the public record, and let the public know who the real "great man" of his era was. By all accounts, this notion that he would go down in history as a great man if only the people could see the truth (as he presented it to them), is what drove Nixon to both create the tapes and fight their release. He was reportedly deeply upset that people would think he had a potty mouth.

Accordingly, it makes no sense whatsoever that Nixon would bring in Schlesinger to clean up the CIA and make it personally accountable to himself, only to turn it over to someone with other loyalties. To most observers, it seems clear he brought Schlesinger in to clean house, and that Colby, who'd been in Nam for most of the last decade and was never one of Helms' close allies, was put on the fast track to Director because he'd pledged loyalty to Nixon. It is Nixon's known hunger for CIA secrets, and Schlesinger's clear loyalty to Nixon, that leads me to believe Colby showed him the "jewels." As Colby's efforts resulted in Helms' exposure as a xxxx, and subsequent perjury charge, there are many CIA loyalists who suspected he was really KGB. If I'm reading Ashton correctly, he is claiming that Colby was working for Helms all along, in Helms' completely convoluted master plan to make Gerry Ford president and hide remote viewing from the public. (Of course, remote viewers could find it anyway.) If Ash does think that Colby was working for Helms, this goes down with his theory that Dean and Liddy were working together all along, as perhaps the most bizarre aspect of his theory. To those who've studied this bit of history beyond reading about it on websites promoting remote viewing as the Rosetta Stone to recent American history, this damages the credibility of the Ash theory beyond repair. Beyond promoting remote viewing as something of immense value, I fail to understand Ashton's overall objective.

So, I'm forced to ask...Ashton are you a remote viewer?