The Education Forum

November 22

An anniversary

Thanks for starting this thread , Myra, this is a hard few days for a lot of us.

I am going to get some links to some of his best speeches. Rice and such.

THE THOUGHTS OF MANY

Mr.President, J F K.

What were our thoughts of you

Before death stole you from us today

We gave our love, hope and admiration too

Mourning now, we of all the world

Know you ask not-but gave all for your country

Of your strength, through accusation hurled

As you stood undaunted against that enemy

You were the stalwart laborer of a stately nation

As America weeps it shall not forget

The burden, the pain, of your trying station

And your words and deeds remain with us yet.

H.J.Dean [c] 1963

What makes many of those who think JFK was a great statesman, I am among them; primarily in the 45-60 demographic bitter and frustrated, is the duplicity or, the voices of the established order; and their propaganda re John F Kennedy. And yes to all of the 'deal with it' ilk, I moved on a long time ago....But that is a complex topic

Case in Point - The ostensible scholars who said the collective "the assassinations of the 1960's didn't change the course of history;" if anybody said that to my face, I would be tempted to go ballistic. That statement is literally the most bullxxxx statement I have ever heard in my life.

So, in a sense it add's insult to injury, as in, it's bad enough what happened in those five odd years, but then to have a cacophony of voices stating "it didn't change anything" is, well a travesty on top of several travesties.

Also, re the photo in question; I would very much like to know who the two individuals wearing Stetson's with sunglasses are, that is, absolutely skin crawling....

Edited by Robert Howard

Thanks David.

I was reading one of the threads a few days ago, amd i came across some testimony of a member of the PRESS making a "phone call" from one of the cars. ?

I will try and find the thread again.

Thanks for thr link.

Hi Robin,

it was in Merriman Smith's recollection of events that he mentions a 'radio-telephone'. The link to the thread is:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=Merriman+Smith

Hi Francesca.

Thanks for the link.

The first portable phones available in australia were large, and were carried by a strap, they were reffered to as "Bricks" because of there size and weight.

Maybe it's in two parts? See pocket and cord. It could even be in three parts with a cord running up from the poscket as well. Perhaps a heavy battery at his feet.

Harking back to Lincoln.

Edited by John Dolva