The Education Forum

Why Arn't you Reading Larry Hancock's 2nd Edition RIGHT NOW!

I am reading Larry Hancock's second edition of Someone Would Have talked.

It is amazingly clear. It is probably the Tenth Book I have read on the Assassination, and I wish that I had read it first. If you are thinking of recommending a book to a novice it should be this one.

Its amazing that I could recommend it to a novice given the stunning amount of new information gleaned from the very latest research. How one can integrate this new info with the older background narrative so clearly is beyond me ( as well as Joan Mellon and Lamar Waldron).

The complex interrelationships between JM-WAVE, Langley , Hoover and the local FBI offices are-- as they recommend to novelists-- shown not told. Nowhere did I get the sense from Ultimate Sacrifice of the writer protesting too much (mob did it , mob did it). Rather, Larry shows the complex interelationships between Organized Crime and CIA in a clear way that, in my reading, does not make JM-WAVES denial nearly as plausible as it seems in Waldrons' doorstopper.

Sorry if my headline sounds a bit authoritarian. The book is that good.

Well in response to your headline - I'm not reading it right now because I'm just waiting for it to be delivered! :rolleyes:

I agree with you, Larry's research is outstanding and I really look forward to finally reading it. I think it will join the ranks of such masterpieces as The Man Who Knew Too Much and The Last Investigation, among the best books ever written on the assassination imo.

It is amazingly clear. It is probably the Tenth Book I have read on the Assassination, and I wish that I had read it first. If you are thinking of recommending a book to a novice it should be this one.

Its amazing that I could recommend it to a novice given the stunning amount of new information gleaned from the very latest research. How one can integrate this new info with the older background narrative so clearly is beyond me ( as well as Joan Mellon and Lamar Waldron).

The complex interrelationships between JM-WAVE, Langley , Hoover and the local FBI offices are-- as they recommend to novelists-- shown not told. Nowhere did I get the sense from Ultimate Sacrifice of the writer protesting too much (mob did it , mob did it). Rather, Larry shows the complex interelationships between Organized Crime and CIA in a clear way that, in my reading, does not make JM-WAVES denial nearly as plausible as it seems in Waldrons' doorstopper.

Actually, I am reading it right now! :rolleyes: It arrived in the mail a couple of days ago, and immediately went right to the top of my stack of books waiting to be read.

I've only made it about 1/6th of the way through as of this post, but I have to agree with your sentiments. It is an outstanding work.

I think it will join the ranks of such masterpieces as The Man Who Knew Too Much and The Last Investigation, among the best books ever written on the assassination imo.
I've only made it about 1/6th of the way through as of this post, but I have to agree with your sentiments. It is an outstanding work.

Larry Hancock kept adding last minute information, making Someone Would Have Talked as good as it could possibly be.

Larry kept saying he hoped it would be worth the wait. It surely was.

For once I'm doing what I should do then! Mine arrived yesterday. (Autographed--brag.) I looked at James' excellent photos. Kudos James. You're in Larry's acknowledgements. I'm only up to the Oswald section though, 'cause I'm reading, like, 10 books right now. I'll get back to Larry's tonight.

Nothing like a good whodunnit. Esp in this case.

Larry, I hope you're flattered. This is literally the first book I've purchased on the subject. All others are from the library.

Edited by Myra Bronstein

Like Francesca I am still waiting for it to be delivered. It is one of the problems of being a JFK researcher and living in the UK.

I am therefore surprised that not more US members have not entered into a discussion with Larry on the book thread. I suspect that most members only look at the JFK section and miss out on the good information that appears in other sections like, history books, history debates, political debates, political conspiracies, RFK, MLK and civil rights, etc.

I am therefore surprised that not more US members have not entered into a discussion with Larry on the book thread.

You know what Dulles said about us.

I suspect that most members only look at the JFK section and miss out on the good information that appears in other sections like, history books, history debates, political debates, political conspiracies, RFK, MLK and civil rights, etc.

At first I thought you left out Apollo.....then I saw the et cetera.

Edited by Michael Hogan

Like Francesca I am still waiting for it to be delivered. It is one of the problems of being a JFK researcher and living in the UK.

I am therefore surprised that not more US members have not entered into a discussion with Larry on the book thread. I suspect that most members only look at the JFK section and miss out on the good information that appears in other sections like, history books, history debates, political debates, political conspiracies, RFK, MLK and civil rights, etc.

John, did you know the book is available on Amazon UK now? Only annoying thing is it seems to take two weeks to arrive so I'm still waiting.

Yes, I think you're right. I often forget to look at the history book section as it is in another part of the website and often lose the link etc. Is there any chance of putting a link to the books to do with JFK on the main forum where we can clearly see it? Maybe at the top in the 'topic title' bit?

Just finished chapter 16 about Bobby Baker. WOW!

Complex Wheeling and Dealing made quite clear. For the first time I can see how Miami conects with Chicago and Cleveland! This after about ten books. It really makes me wonder if Waldron was not obfuscatin on thin ice! (thick with words)

I can already hear The History Channel Destroying their CDs!! Guys Relax!! They're never letting Larry on the tube with this stuff!

IT'S DANGEROUSLY INTELLIGIBLE.

We must make up the difference by posting things all over the place (especailly web sites of U.S. daily newspapers with lots of viewers) about this book.

The tree has fallen.

Forest, alert the Alsop brothers! :rolleyes:

Complex Wheeling and Dealing made quite clear. For the first time I can see how Miami conects with Chicago and Cleveland! This after about ten books. It really makes me wonder if Waldron was not obfuscatin on thin ice! (thick with words)

I can already hear The History Channel Destroying their CDs!! Guys Relax!! They're never letting Larry on the tube with this stuff!

We must make up the difference by posting things all over the place (especailly web sites of U.S. daily newspapers with lots of viewers) about this book.

The tree has fallen.

Well I am convinced. Am gonna order it from Amazon. I sure Larry is happy about all the kudos he's received here. Sounds like they are well deserved.

Dawn

The tree has fallen.

Well I am convinced. Am gonna order it from Amazon. I sure Larry is happy about all the kudos he's received here. Sounds like they are well deserved.

Dawn

I ordered it from Larry's website Dawn and got it very quickly. Amazon can be really slow.

Plus I got an autographed copy from the website (did everyone get an autographed one?):

http://www.larry-hancock.com/order.html

I certainly agree with that. And don't forget Hartman.

Though I never would have thought to word it that way. :D

I just got mine Saturday, and just started reading it. I had the previous edition, which was outstanding. No alternative theories for me. This is it.

John, you're correct in assuming we are missing the forum's other sections. I didn't know Larry had a thread going elsewhere.

RJS

I just got mine Saturday, and just started reading it. I had the previous edition, which was outstanding. No alternative theories for me. This is it.

John, you're correct in assuming we are missing the forum's other sections. I didn't know Larry had a thread going elsewhere.

RJS

Well maybe it's just me, but I prefer to read a book before discussing it with the author.

And the book just came out.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the kind remarks - also to note that I am trying to answer all questions and comments in the books section promptly as possible.

And given something Myra asked me there I thought would make sense to add a comment here. If my analyses is right, the individuals involved in Dallas (the "cadre" plus fellow travelers) didn't disband

after Dallas. They had a common cause and continued to network with each other and pursue that

cause across SE Asia and Latin America for the better part of two decades. I added the last appendix to my book because I think it gives a completely independent lead on this "cadre" and I hope that others will continue to track them (and their media apologists) as John does in his series of posts on Mockingbird.

-- Larry