The Education Forum

HSCA Documents?

Does anyone know if the HSCA documents, also known as JFK Documents are online?

For instance, in another thread, I referred to a footnote in one of the HSCA volumes.

The footnote referred to JFK Document 007202.

Anoter footnote referred to JFK Document 008850.

Are these JFK Documents online anywhere?

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

Does anyone know if the HSCA documents, also known as JFK Documents are online?

For instance, in another thread, I referred to a footnote in one of the HSCA volumes.

The footnote referred to JFK Document 007202.

Anoter footnote referred to JFK Document 008850.

Are these JFK Documents online anywhere?

Thanks,

Steve Thomas

HSCA Numbered Files

From Rex Bradford's History Matters

JFK Assassination Reports and RecordsThe History Matters Archive contains voluminous electronic holdings related ... the mid- and late-1990s under the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act. ...

www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/contents.htm - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

[ More results from www.history-matters.com ]

Bill,

HSCA Numbered Files

Thanks, that gave me a clue.

I went to the National Archives, read their search tips and did a standard search for the document number.

In the example I used above, typing in 007202 gave me this result:

AGENCY INFORMATION

AGENCY : HSCA

RECORD NUMBER : 180-10076-10481

RECORDS SERIES : NUMBERED FILES

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 007202

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : HSCA

TO : [No To]

TITLE : KNOWN DALLAS ITALIAN-CUBAN ASSOCIATIONS

DATE : 04/11/1978

PAGES : 8

DOCUMENT TYPE : OUTSIDE CONTACT REPORT

SUBJECTS : CAMPISI, JOE; MAFIA; MARCELLO, CARLOS; HALL, HARRY;

BINION, BENJAMIN

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : RELEASED WITH DELETIONS

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 01/06/1994

COMMENTS : Box 137.

I ran the RIF number through the Mary Ferrell Foundation site, but unfortunately, it hasn't been added there yet.

I wonder if Rex Braford has an army of assistants to load in the HSCA numbered files?

*smile*

Steve Thomas

PS: That would be an interesting report to read BTW. I ran across it in reference to the Candy Barr/R.D. Matthews thread

Bill,

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

BINION, BENJAMIN

I ran the RIF number through the Mary Ferrell Foundation site, but unfortunately, it hasn't been added there yet.

I wonder if Rex Braford has an army of assistants to load in the HSCA numbered files?*smile* Steve Thomas

PS: That would be an interesting report to read BTW. I ran across it in reference to the Candy Barr/R.D. Matthews thread

Hi Steve,

Rex Bradford is an army of one.

It indeed would be an interesting report to read.

We already know that the Campisis and Marcellos were tight, a DPD cop told Frontline he called Carlos Marcello from Camisi's Egyptian Lounge office, where Ruby and Larry Meyers made phone calls on the night before the assassination.

Benny Binion was the Dallas gambler who went to Vegas and made a lot of waves.

Harry Hall sounds familiar but I can't put a finger on him off the top of my head.

It's a shame we don't have a DC researcher who hangs out at the NARA who can pull up these docs and scan them and send them out on request, as we dreamed of years ago.

BK

Thanks, that gave me a clue.

I went to the National Archives, read their search tips and did a standard search for the document number.

In the example I used above, typing in 007202 gave me this result:

AGENCY INFORMATION

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

BINION, BENJAMIN

I wonder if Rex Braford has an army of assistants to load in the HSCA numbered files?

*smile*

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve

I ran your 007202 through Google.

This is where i ended up.

HSCA Volume 9

Click Here:

Robin,

Hi Steve

I ran your 007202 through Google.

This is where i ended up.

HSCA Volume 9

Click Here:

Thanks,

Yes,

007202 is a DEA report on R.D. Matthews that says that he and Candy Barr were engaged in smuggling heroin across the border from Mexico.

It's referred to on page 531 of volume IX of the HSCA Appendix volumes.

It would be an interesting report to read I think.

And Bill, yes, I know that Rex is an army of one. I think all of us owe him a debt of gratitude.

*smile*

Steve Thomas

(From Rex Bradford)

>>I wonder if Rex Braford has an army of assistants to load in the HSCA numbered files?

As Bill Kelly noted, I am indeed an Army of One. A lot of the materials I have put online has come from the Assassination Archives and Research Center, and some from other sources such as paper copies purchased from JFK Lancer. I do get to College Park a couple of times a year, and at great expense and effort bring back a few thousand pages each time. Usually I pay the $$$ to photocopy them, and then scan back at home, because it's far quicker than flattop scanners, and far better quality than digital camera pictures. But 15 cents a page hurts in bulk.

To come to the point, the HSCA Numbered Files is one collection I would really really like to get, and as far as I know it only exists in one place: College Park Maryland (National Archives). The few pages from it I have on History Matters and the Mary Ferrell website is well under 1%. Given that the collection is, I believe, on the order of 300,000 pages, it is beyond my meager personal efforts. Two solutions:

1. I make trips more often and focus on these files, and just peruse them and take "highlights." I have considered doing this but it's still a huge project and takes away from everything else.

2. We do indeed recruit a small volunteer army and go after it, a box at a time.

If anybody is interested in #2, please post to this forum topic and maybe a plan will emerge.

Rex

Bill,

Harry Hall sounds familiar but I can't put a finger on him off the top of my head.

Harry Hall and Jack Ruby ran some gambling scams in the 1950's. They also won a lot of money off H.L. Hunt betting on the Cotton Bowl and Rose Bowl.

see CD 87 pp 615, 616.

Steve Thomas

Bill,

Harry Hall and Jack Ruby ran some gambling scams in the 1950's. They also won a lot of money off H.L. Hunt betting on the Cotton Bowl and Rose Bowl.

see CD 87 pp 615, 616.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

I'd like to find the reference to Jack Ruby and Gordon McLendon betting on Dallas Cowboy games, that's what I'd like to find. I know I read it somewhere.

BK

In response to what rex said, I will hopefully be in D.C. again this summer and would gladly give a hand, time permitting.

I don't yet know what i will be doing, but I don't think that whatever i do will be as time consuming as last summer.

John

John,

Thanks for the offer. Counting me, that's two. Do we hear a bid for three?

What timeframe(s) are you likely to be in DC, and how much do you enjoy photocopying?

Rex