The Education Forum

Johnson/Clark recordings

Pat Speer

I've been looking online for recordings of the two conversations President Johnson had with Ramsey Clark regarding the re-inspection of the autopsy photos in January 1967. The transcripts vary and I'd like to listen to them myself, if possible. If anybody has them and can send me a file, or knows where I can find them online, I'd be deeply appreciative.

Edited by Pat Speer

I've been looking online for recordings of the two conversations President Johnson had with Ramsey Clark regarding the re-inspection of the autopsy photos in January 1967. The transcripts vary and I'd like to listen to them myself, if possible. If anybody has them and can send me a file, or knows where I can find them online, I'd be deeply appreciative.

Since either no one has these recordings or this simple request fell under the radar, I'm bumping it with an additional question. It appears the recordings are available from the LBJ Library. Has anyone here dealt with them in the past?

Since either no one has these recordings or this simple request fell under the radar, I'm bumping it with an additional question. It appears the recordings are available from the LBJ Library. Has anyone here dealt with them in the past?

Pat;

There was a transcript long ago when I was digging into the subject of the Clark Panel. I do not recall exactly who or where it was originated from but it is well worth the effort to locate.

I would assume that if possible that I made a copy of it, but not unlike so much of the research materials, if I have it then it is stuck away in some box somewhere.

It appears the recordings are available from the LBJ Library. Has anyone here dealt with them in the past?

The transcript at the Lancer URL below includes the following note:

"Thanks to Gregory Burnham for bringing this audio tape to our attention. The transcript was made by Debra Conway from a cassette tape supplied by the LBJ Presidential Library."

http://www.jfklancer.com/Clark.LBJ.html

It appears the recordings are available from the LBJ Library. Has anyone here dealt with them in the past?

The transcript at the Lancer URL below includes the following note:

"Thanks to Gregory Burnham for bringing this audio tape to our attention. The transcript was made by Debra Conway from a cassette tape supplied by the LBJ Presidential Library."

http://www.jfklancer.com/Clark.LBJ.html

So...does anyone have it or know where I can find it online? Max Holland's and Debra Conway's transcripts vary and I'd like to hear the tapes for myself. Max says that Clark says the doctors were reluctant to sign anything, and Debra says that Clark says the doctors were reluctant to find anything, if I remember correctly. I think "sign anything" is more damaging. If the quality of the audio is any good, I might use it in my next video.

So...does anyone have it or know where I can find it online?

I meant to suggest that either Gregory Burnham or Debra Conway (or both) has it. I don't know where Burnham can be reached, but of course Debra can be reached at Lancer.

Edited by Ron Ecker

So...does anyone have it or know where I can find it online?

I meant to suggest that either Gregory Burnham or Debra Conway (or both) has it. I don't know where Burnham can be reached, but of course Debra can be reached at Lancer.

Thanks, Ron. I shall ask Debra if she had a copy. I've also e-mailed the library to ask if it's possible to buy individual tape conversations online.