The Education Forum

Apollo Photos are Crude Studio Fakes

Duane Daman

Speaking of Apollo 15 photos , this one could use some explaining .... There are no tire tracks showing behind the buggy or even in between the front and rear buggy tires ... Yet we see bootprints in the very soft 'lunar' soil .

AS15-85-11471

AS15-85-11471HR.jpg

Edited by Duane Daman

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And in this Apollo 15 photo we see the lunar buggy at it's alleged final resting place , yet there are still no tire tracks behind the buggy or in between the front and rear tires ... Yet the bootprints are once again clearly seen in the soft 'lunar' soil .

AS15-88-11901

AS15-88-11901HR.jpg

And here we have a photo of the final resting place of the lunar buggy on the Apollo 17 photo shoot .... Yet there are no tire tracks behind this buggy or in between the front and rear tires either .. Yet once again bootprints can clearly be seen in the soft 'lunar' soil .

AS17-143-21933

AS17-143-21933HR.jpg

Edited by Duane Daman

"A solar day on the moon is approximately THIRTY EARTH DAYS LONG so shadow movement would be almost imperceptable between two photo exposures." .... :up

Jack / Duane-

Some polite questions:

Do you have any clue how far the terminator between daylight and night will travel on the moon (at its equator) in 40 minutes?

If you do, can you share with the rest of us? (+/- 1000 feet would be acceptable)

If you do not know the answer, how do you know that the shadow movement over 40 min. would be imperceptable?

Good question .... Do you know the answer ?

Duane - I'll take that as admission that you have no clue whether or not Jack's assertion makes any sense -you simply agreed with him without thinking.

I guess that leaves my questions for Jack to answer.

{So as not to be rude like Duane - the answer to your question is - yes.}

Why are you assuming that the stage set backdrops were FLAT? I

have not seen that suggested.

In fact, I have assumed that they were modeled with shape to them.

Plaster of Paris would be too heavy, but plastic molds could be made.

Too, you are forgetting that the MOON DOES NOT REVOLVE like earth

but is in a locked orbit, so its solar days are not 24 hours, so sunlight would

not move nearly as fast as you theorize. A solar day on the moon is

approximately THIRTY EARTH DAYS LONG so shadow movement would

be almost imperceptable between two photo exposures.

Jack

It was Duane's assertion that Apollo photos were taken on a stage set, with flat painted backdrops some 50 feet away. He said it was obvious just by looking at the photos. EDIT here is the actual quote:-

But in spite of not knowing much about the subject , I am fascinated with the fact that the Apollo photos look so fake ... The moon does not look like a real planet in any of the Apollo photos , nor do the mountains look real , but rather like painted two dimentional backdrop scenery ... and the complete lack of depth perception to the point of the horizon looks to be no more than 50 to 100 feet in most of the photos also .... It looks like a stage covered with dirt , with crudely dug 'craters' which can easily be scuffed over by bootprints , and an obvious seam line between the end of the foreground stage to the beginning of the painted mountain walls ...

End edit.

Your statement that the moon doesn't revolve like the earth but is in a locked orbit is wrong - of course the moon revolves. The time taken for one orbit around the earth is equal to its period of revolution (I think that may be what you meant but confused your terminology).

Please point out at which point in my post I theorised the actual speed that sunlight moved at - I think you'll struggle, as I most certainly didn't. I'm well aware a lunar day is thirty earth days long. And the shadow movement IS almost imperceptible - the distance the shadow moves is accentuated due to it being cast on a slope.

I'll ask again the question I asked earlier - is it more likely to be photos of a distant mountain with the sun rising, taken some 40 minutes apart - or a painted backdrop?

Edited by Dave Greer

Speaking of Apollo 15 photos , this one could use some explaining .... There are no tire tracks showing behind the buggy or even in between the front and rear buggy tires ... Yet we see bootprints in the very soft 'lunar' soil .

AS15-85-11471

AS15-85-11471HR.jpg

Not much to explain. Quite obviously there are bootprints all around the buggy, and plenty of scuffed up lunar soil. in particular, there are very obvious bootprints in between the front and back tyres - right where the tyre mark would have been.

And in this Apollo 15 photo we see the lunar buggy at it's alleged final resting place , yet there are still no tire tracks behind the buggy or in between the front and rear tires ... Yet the bootprints are once again clearly seen in the soft 'lunar' soil .

AS15-88-11901

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/...-88-11901HR.jpg

I'm sure you won't mind me using the very next photo to analyse this one - it shows more of the tyre tracks. I've already looked at http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/f.../?AS15-88-11902

Here are links to crops of this image with the levels and contrast greatly enhanced.

tracks_1.jpg

And in high resolution (this one also shows how much dust the astronauts kicked up when walking about, and how easily it could obscure tyre tracks):-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.greer70...lo/tracks_2.jpg

And so you know where the tracks are:-

tracks_3.jpg

Further evidence of distant mountains from Apollo 15, rather than flat painted backdrops. Reasons for this are:-

Changes in positions of mountains and craters change with changing location due to parallax - as expected.

Changes in shadow length conforms to the time-scale - shadows shorten with increasing mission time.

AS15-85-11429. Mission time 122:38:47. Location - EVA 1 Geology station 2.

11429.jpg

AS15-92-12427. Mission time 148:02:20. Location - EVA 2 Geology station 8.

12427.jpg

AS15-82-11078. Mission time 165:05:09. Location - EVA 3 Geology station 9.

11078.jpg

"A solar day on the moon is approximately THIRTY EARTH DAYS LONG so shadow movement would be almost imperceptable between two photo exposures." .... :up

Jack / Duane-

Some polite questions:

Do you have any clue how far the terminator between daylight and night will travel on the moon (at its equator) in 40 minutes?

If you do, can you share with the rest of us? (+/- 1000 feet would be acceptable)

If you do not know the answer, how do you know that the shadow movement over 40 min. would be imperceptable?

Good question .... Do you know the answer ?

Duane - I'll take that as admission that you have no clue whether or not Jack's assertion makes any sense -you simply agreed with him without thinking.

I guess that leaves my questions for Jack to answer.

{So as not to be rude like Duane - the answer to your question is - yes.}

Well , so much for "polite" questions ... or should I say polite answers ? Thanks for not being rude like me . :P

No comment about the phony moon set moon buggy photos missing the faked moon buggy tire tracks , I see .... :)

How was I impolite? Unlike you I answered your question.

Also, your post shows another very obvious tactic of yours - change the subject when you're backed into a corner.

AS15-88-11901

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/...-88-11901HR.jpg

I'm sure you won't mind me using the very next photo to analyse this one - it shows more of the tyre tracks. I've already looked at http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/apollo/f.../?AS15-88-11902

Here are links to crops of this image with the levels and contrast greatly enhanced.

tracks_1.jpg

And in high resolution (this one also shows how much dust the astronauts kicked up when walking about, and how easily it could obscure tyre tracks):-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.greer70...lo/tracks_2.jpg

And so you know where the tracks are:-

tracks_3.jpg

Posting inferior purple images and then photoshopping tires tracks and drawing imaginary lines of them on these inferior purple photos , does nothing to help your case for nasa ... Neither does posting different photos from the Apollo 15 photo shoot .

But this is exactly what I expected you to do .. and in doing this once again , you have proven how completely dishonset you really are .

On the other hand , I posted HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS FROM THE APOLLO IMAGE GALLERY ... and were'nt you always the one who claimed that the only photos worth studying and posting to prove your point , are the HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS right from the original source ?

This is just as sneaky as you photoshopping and then bending the shadow in the first photo I posted here .

What a shame you feel the need to stoop to this dishonest level to defend nasa's lies about taking these ridiculous looking photographs on the moon .

Look at the high resolution photos I posted here Dave ... There are NO TIRE TRACKS BEHIND OR UNDERNEATH THE LUNAR BUGGY .... And the reason there are no tracks is because the photos were FAKED ON MOON SETS !

You really need to open your mind and your eyes to the truth about this and stop playing games for a cause which was nothing but a hoax and a pack of lies .

Edited by Duane Daman

Posting inferior purple images and then photoshopping tires tracks and drawing imaginary lines of them on these inferior purple photos , does nothing to help your case for nasa ... Neither does posting different photos from the Apollo 15 photo shoot .

But this is exactly what I expected you to do .. and in doing this once again , you have proven how completely dishonset you really are .

On the other hand , I posted HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS FROM THE APOLLO IMAGE GALLERY ... and were'nt you always the one who claimed that the only photos worth studying and posting to prove your point , are the HIGH RESOLUTION PHOTOS right from the original source ?

He gave you the link to the original image, either you can't read or you're lying. Which is it?

This is just as sneaky as you photoshopping and then bending the shadow in the first photo I posted here .
Wasn't bent, only stretched vertically. How is it sneaky if he said exactly how he manipulated the image in the same post?
What a shame you feel the need to stoop to this dishonest level to defend nasa's lies about taking these ridiculous looking photographs on the moon .

What a shame you continue to stoop to misrepresenting others claims and ignoring evidence contrary to your position.

Look at the high resolution photos I posted here Dave ... There are NO TIRE TRACKS BEHIND OR UNDERNEATH THE LUNAR BUGGY .... And the reason there are no tracks is because the photos were FAKED ON MOON SETS !
No, the reason there are no tracks is because they were trampled by the astronauts walking around the buggy.
You really need to open your mind and your eyes to the truth about this and stop playing games for a cause which was nothing but a hoax and a pack of lies .

Take your own advice, open your eyes and realize you've been duped by people looking to make a buck selling books full of lies.