The Education Forum

Full Length Photograph Of Abraham Zapruder

Guest Duncan MacRae

Guest Duncan MacRae

The intention of this post is not to debate anything. I'm just wondering if anyone has a full length photograph of Abraham Zapruder standing from head to toe which they could post. I can't recall ever seeing one other than what we see ( or don't see ) of him standing on the pedestal. From what I have read, it appears Zapruder was a very private man, but I find it strange that I have never come across a photograph of him standing up. Maybe I have been looking in the wrong places?

Duncan

The intention of this post is not to debate anything. I'm just wondering if anyone has a full length photograph of Abraham Zapruder standing from head to toe which they could post. I can't recall ever seeing one other than what we see ( or don't see ) of him standing on the pedestal. From what I have read, it appears Zapruder was a very private man, but I find it strange that I have never come across a photograph of him standing up. Maybe I have been looking in the wrong places?

Duncan

Duncan, the Bell film shows Zapruder from head to foot as he walks away from the pedestal ... if that helps.

Bill

The Bell film shows A MAN hurrying away from the pedestal. There

is no way of knowing the identity of the man.

Jack

The same can be said about the Zapruder film showing Jean Hill, Mary Moorman, James Altgens, Charles Brehm, Bev Oliver, Phil Willis, Hugh Betzner, Rosemary Willis, and the list goes on.

From Gary Mack. Does anyone have this documentary? and if so could they capture some frames and post here?

Duncan,

The only full-length picture of Zapruder I have seen appears in the 1967 4-part documentary "CBS Inquiry: The Warren Report." He appeared briefly with Eddie Barker standing next to the pedestal from where he shot his film. When I looked at a tape of the program a few years ago, I measured his height at about 5-10 or 5-11, which is what I was also told by his daughter.

Gary Mack

This is correct. A researcher spoke to his daughter about a month ago. She estimated

his height at 5'11". That is about "average" height for most men, I have observed.

Many "official records" put the height of LHO at 5'11".

Jack

The Bell film shows A MAN hurrying away from the pedestal. There

is no way of knowing the identity of the man.

Jack

The same can be said about the Zapruder film showing Jean Hill, Mary Moorman, James Altgens, Charles Brehm, Bev Oliver, Phil Willis, Hugh Betzner, Rosemary Willis, and the list goes on.

What a foolish statement. There are IDENTIFIABLE photos of Hill, Moorman, Altgens, and

Brehm...Willis, Rosemary, and Betzner can be identified thru other information. There is

no POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION IN PHOTOS of Oliver and Zapruder. Oliver appears in many

photos, but her face is not visible. Zapruder appears in NO PHOTO where he is identifiable.

The beat goes on.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

What a foolish statement. There are IDENTIFIABLE photos of Hill, Moorman, Altgens, and

Brehm...Willis, Rosemary, and Betzner can be identified thru other information. There is

no POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION IN PHOTOS of Oliver and Zapruder. Oliver appears in many

photos, but her face is not visible. Zapruder appears in NO PHOTO where he is identifiable.

The beat goes on.

Jack

What other information are you speaking of, Jack? Hill and Moorman doing interviews following the assassination? .... so did Zapruder. Hill, Altgens, and Willis testify they were present at the assassination, but so did Zapruder.

You said, "Oliver appears in many photos, but her face is not identifiable", the same can be said about Zapruder except he is identifiable in one of the photos as has been posted concerning Trask's book "National Nightmare". Have you acquired a copy of the book yet, Jack?

Bill

The beat goes on.

Jack

What other information are you speaking of, Jack? Hill and Moorman doing interviews following the assassination? .... so did Zapruder. Hill, Altgens, and Willis testify they were present at the assassination, but so did Zapruder.

You said, "Oliver appears in many photos, but her face is not identifiable", the same can be said about Zapruder except he is identifiable in one of the photos as has been posted concerning Trask's book "National Nightmare". Have you acquired a copy of the book yet, Jack?

Bill

Please post Trask's photo of Zapruder in the Plaza. I have never seen it. I have seen NO photo

of Zapruder in the Plaza.

Jack