The Education Forum

Stemmon's Sign

Although difficult to place an actual EEI rating on each and every piece of photographic evidence, the "Memorial Sign", if you will, is one of the single-most important pieces of evidence in regards to an attempt to resolve the mystery of the "Stemmons Road Sign".

The time frame of this photograph is relatively well established, which places it well prior to anyone attempting to obscure the facts of the assassination, and it's source, from previously established integrity, demonstrated no attempt or intent to obscure these facts.

Therefore, one can place considerable trust in the images observed.

And, since it is absolutely necessary to recognize and understand the critical evidence which is presented within this photograph, it would need to be placed up for all to see (again) in order that the comparisons with other photographic evidence is made as simple as possible.

Thomas/Jack and others,

Could it be that the Limo was proportionately shrunk or am I missing something with this comparison.

The Stemmon's sign cuts off each vehicle's wheel well approx. at the same spot, but notice the difference in position/size of the tire/car between each photo.

I also think the limo would be longer on the front end than almost any other car.

I believe I have everything else pretty much to size except for camera shift, left to right.

The animation repeats the first two frames purposely, to show the difference in tire position between the two.

thanks

chris

I also think the limo would be longer on the front end than almost any other car

Nope!

The front of end of the limo remains the exact same dimensions as either a two-door or 4-door.

To make a limo, the vehicle is extended in the rear section of the car. The Distance from front bumper to rear of front seat would remain, for all practical purposes, the same.

The Stemmon's sign cuts off each vehicle's wheel well approx. at the same spot, but notice the difference in position/size of the tire/car between each photo.

Since the "Memorial Photo" was taken from a position which was slightly left of the Zapruder position, then vehicle wheel and wheel well alignment would not be exact for both photo's.

The Zapruder film would show the wheel well/complete tire while a portion of it would still be masked from view of the Memorial Photo by the edge of the road sign, merely due to the line-of-sight.

P.S. Hope you did not think that the flag at "Half-Staff" in the Memorial Sign was merely there for decorative purposes.

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z217.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although difficult to place an actual EEI rating on each and every piece of photographic evidence, the "Memorial Sign", if you will, is one of the single-most important pieces of evidence in regards to an attempt to resolve the mystery of the "Stemmons Road Sign".

The time frame of this photograph is relatively well established, which places it well prior to anyone attempting to obscure the facts of the assassination, and it's source, from previously established integrity, demonstrated no attempt or intent to obscure these facts.

And, since it is absolutely necessary to recognize and understand the critical evidence which is presented within this photograph, it would need to be placed up for all to see (again) in order that the comparisons with other photographic evidence is made as simple as possible.

Thomas/Jack and others,

Could it be that the Limo was proportionately shrunk or am I missing something with this comparison.

I also think the limo would be longer on the front end than almost any other car.

I believe I have everything else pretty much to size except for camera shift, left to right.

The animation repeats the first two frames purposely, to show the difference in tire position between the two.

thanks

chris

I also think the limo would be longer on the front end than almost any other car

Nope!

The front of end of the limo remains the exact same dimensions as either a two-door or 4-door.

To make a limo, the vehicle is extended in the rear section of the car. The Distance from front bumper to rear of front seat would remain, for all practical purposes, the same.

Since the "Memorial Photo" was taken from a position which was slightly left of the Zapruder position, then vehicle wheel and wheel well alignment would not be exact for both photo's.

The Zapruder film would show the wheel well/complete tire while a portion of it would still be masked from view of the Memorial Photo by the edge of the road sign, merely due to the line-of-sight.

P.S. Hope you did not think that the flag at "Half-Staff" in the Memorial Sign was merely there for decorative purposes.

Thanks Thomas,

No, The first thing I thought when I saw the flag was as an alignment marker, not even noticing the Half-Staff aspect of it.

Glad you're more perspective perceptive than I am.

WOW

chris

Thomas/Jack and others,

thanks

chris

Chris...your animated gif is very useful in showing SOMETHING...I just haven't figured WHAT yet.

The two images correspond exactly VERTICALLY, but not horizontally. This is easily seen by

placing your cursor arrow on any point while the animation shifts between images. It is clear

that background objects between images are on the precise line of sight vertically. Because

you have perfectly aligned the Stemmons sign posts, the sign stays motionless. But as the

image dissolves, the background shifts horizontally; the tree moves; the holes in the wall

move; the windows move. The background displacement is so significant that, given the

small area atop the pedestal, it seems unlikely that both images were shot from there. This is

very difficult to determine without actual experimentation and calculation. Looking only at the

two images overlaid, my expectation would be that both lenses were at the exact same

height, but that ONE image was from the pedestal and the OTHER IMAGE WAS NOT.

This raises the question of a ladder being used for one of the photos...BUT IT MAKES NO SENSE

FOR SOMEONE TO TOTE A LADDER TO THE PLAZA TO TAKE A PHOTO WHEN THEY CAN JUST

CLIMB ATOP THE PEDESTAL. Someone needs to plot this on a very large plat to try and

locate the two lines of sight. It looks like one is from the pedestal, and the other is from

BESIDE the pedestal, but at the same height. Very odd. I have no idea whether this is

significant or not. Do you?

Jack

Jack,

I don't know if this will help, but when I did the original animation (first post) with Dr.Costella's frame, the aspect ratio enlargement of the Memorial photo was (239%).

In this latest animation, I had to change the aspect ratio to 235%(width)x@215%(height) to get it this close.

chris

Changing the aspect ratio makes the study invalid for the purpose used. HOWEVER,

IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAD TO CHANGE THE ASPECT RATIO TO ACHIEVE A

FIT.

Jack

Thomas/Jack and others,

thanks

chris

Chris...your animated gif is very useful in showing SOMETHING...I just haven't figured WHAT yet.

The two images correspond exactly VERTICALLY, but not horizontally. This is easily seen by

placing your cursor arrow on any point while the animation shifts between images. It is clear

that background objects between images are on the precise line of sight vertically. Because

you have perfectly aligned the Stemmons sign posts, the sign stays motionless. But as the

image dissolves, the background shifts horizontally; the tree moves; the holes in the wall

move; the windows move. The background displacement is so significant that, given the

small area atop the pedestal, it seems unlikely that both images were shot from there. This is

very difficult to determine without actual experimentation and calculation. Looking only at the

two images overlaid, my expectation would be that both lenses were at the exact same

height, but that ONE image was from the pedestal and the OTHER IMAGE WAS NOT.

This raises the question of a ladder being used for one of the photos...BUT IT MAKES NO SENSE

FOR SOMEONE TO TOTE A LADDER TO THE PLAZA TO TAKE A PHOTO WHEN THEY CAN JUST

CLIMB ATOP THE PEDESTAL. Someone needs to plot this on a very large plat to try and

locate the two lines of sight. It looks like one is from the pedestal, and the other is from

BESIDE the pedestal, but at the same height. Very odd. I have no idea whether this is

significant or not. Do you?

Jack

Jack,

I don't know if this will help, but when I did the original animation (first post) with Dr.Costella's frame, the aspect ratio enlargement of the Memorial photo was (239%).

In this latest animation, I had to change the aspect ratio to 235%(width)x@215%(height) to get it this close.

chris

Changing the aspect ratio makes the study invalid for the purpose used. HOWEVER,

IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAD TO CHANGE THE ASPECT RATIO TO ACHIEVE A

FIT.

Jack

Thanks Jack,

Before you spend any more time on this, hold on! I might have made a big mistake.

Last night, Bernice sent me a copy of the Memorial photo without the "Corbis" watermark. Much appreciated, Bernice!

I used this one along with Dr.Costella's newer movie version frame for the latest comparison.

Whereas my first comparison was with the "Corbis" version and older Costella frame.

I NEVER changed the aspect ratio on the Costella frames.

Will repost apples to apples comparison later on this afternoon.

Sorry for the slip up,

chris

Jack,

I did not make a mistake.

Costella's image within the frames(old+new) are different by 1 %.

Bernice's version of the Memorial photo and the one I posted are the exact same size. One just has a watermark, the other doesn't.

I also took a new Costella frame and layered it over his panorama, and at 41% it fits.

No aspect ratio changes among the Costella versions needed.

chris

Thomas/Jack and others,

thanks

chris

Nope!

Thanks Thomas,

No, The first thing I thought when I saw the flag was as an alignment marker, not even noticing the Half-Staff aspect of it.

WOW

chris

That little white object which appears as if it is sitting on the top of the right sign post is neither a coincidence nor an illusion either.

And, it also IS NOT a rain gauge listening device.

Not to mention other EEI related to this photo.

Thomas/Jack and others,

thanks

chris

Nope!

Thanks Thomas,

WOW

chris

That little white object which appears as if it is sitting on the top of the right sign post is neither a coincidence nor an illusion either.

You are talking in riddles. Please come right out and tell us what you are talking about.

Jack

Thomas/Jack and others,

thanks

chris

Nope!

Thanks Thomas,

WOW

chris

You are talking in riddles. Please come right out and tell us what you are talking about.

Jack

You are talking in riddles

For many, a "riddle" stimulates the mind and opens it to separate and independent thought and examination of issues.

Jack, you have been looking at the photographic evidence far longer than have I. Yet, it would appear that you have wasted much of this time in looking at/for badgeman; black dog man; sewer drain man; or God only knows what.

So, why not either make an attempt to factually resolve something for yourself and present it here or else just sit back and enjoy either a laugh or the ride.

P.S. There are many such "riddles" that you are not aware of, and I for one enjoy how they have continued to decieve as well as misdirect the attention necessary to understand as well as resolve what the riddle is even about.

Sign Me:

Wasted no time chasing mythological creatures, as the riddles at hand were more than sufficient to occupy one's time and thought.

Thomas/Jack and others,

thanks

chris

Nope!

Thanks Thomas,

WOW

chris

Jack

For many, a "riddle" stimulates the mind and opens it to separate and independent thought and examination of issues.

Jack, you have been looking at the photographic evidence far longer than have I. Yet, it would appear that you have wasted much of this time in looking at/for badgeman; black dog man; sewer drain man; or God only knows what.

So, why not either make an attempt to factually resolve something for yourself and present it here or else just sit back and enjoy either a laugh or the ride.

P.S. There are many such "riddles" that you are not aware of, and I for one enjoy how they have continued to decieve as well as misdirect the attention necessary to understand as well as resolve what the riddle is even about.

Sign Me:

Wasted no time chasing mythological creatures, as the riddles at hand were more than sufficient to occupy one's time and thought.

Thomas,

At first glance I believed it to be some type of alignment marker for the Stemmon's support poles.

But looking closer, it appears to be on the ground across the street.

My guess is a mirror for positioning/reverse imaging registration or something along those lines.

chris

Thomas/Jack and others,

thanks

chris

Nope!

Thanks Thomas,

WOW

chris

Jack

Sign Me:

Thomas,

At first glance I believed it to be some type of alignment marker for the Stemmon's support poles.

My guess is a mirror for positioning/reverse imaging registration or something along those lines.

chris

Exactly correct!

It is one of the signs which was installed to hold the yellow ribbons to keep personnel back from the edge of the street during the re-enactment process.

This particular one happens to be unique in that it was set as an established marker which basically provided a background marker which could be seen in direct alignment from the Zapruder position as one looked directly over the top of the right sign post.

Directly beside this sign, on the street curb, was one of the primary Survey Control Stations as established by Mr. West during the Time/Life Survey work.

After establishment of this point and bringing in elevation control from a known point, this point on the curb of Elm St., located directly adjacent to the sign post, was utilized for establishment of much of the Time/Life Survey Work.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol17_0457b.htm

And although the above is from the SS re-enactment, the same SCP's as established for the Time/Life work were utilized throughout all of the later survey work as well.