The Education Forum

A Passion for Truth"

I saw this on Ebay for 99 cents. Great title! Has anyone read it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Passion-for-Truth-Arle...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hello Peter,

Yes, the book has been read.

And one thing learned is that Passion is not enough, for me or him.

As the junior attorney on the assigned subject team, it is interesting what the "senior" member of the team actually did for the investigaiton.

One interesting tidbit in the book is Spector's fascination with JFK's shirt, going so far as to locate and visit the New York City store that sold it and buying one for himself.

All of his work on the Single-bullet-theory will be a wash when they finally get around to giving the vicim a proper forensic autopsy.

BK

By comparison, it would appear to be a bigger whitewash than was the WC.

Personally, I have also spoke with Anita Hill years ago, and rest assured that she is considerably more believeable than is Arlen Specter.

99 cents is about what it is worth to find out that one is a xxxx, when in fact they already know that they are a xxxx.

Personally, I have also spoke with Anita Hill years ago, and rest assured that she is considerably more believeable than is Arlen Specter.

99 cents is about what it is worth to find out that one is a xxxx, when in fact they already know that they are a xxxx.

Tom:

I totally agree. I watched the hearings and completely believed Anita Hill. David Brock who wrote a smear book about Hill has also confessed in "Blinded By the Right" that he lied about both Hill and his Clinton articles.

Interesting that Specter is now preceived as a liberal.

Dawn

Edited by Dawn Meredith

Tom:

I totally agree. I watched the hearings and completely believed Anita Hill. David Brock who wrote a smear book about Hill has also confessed in "Blinded By the Right" that he lied about both Hill and his Clinton articles.

Dawn

Specter was spewing just yesterday about the FBI's misuse of the Patriot Act to spy on the public. Methinks his Warren Commission experience taught him ALL about the executive branch's misuse of the Justice Department for political purposes. Some contrived nonsense about a single-bullet theory, which Specter was forced to concoct to save the Oswald did it foregone conclusion, tells me so... The irony is that the creators of the conclusion--Johnson and Hoover--NEVER believed Specter's lie manufactured to save the conclusion, and told others as much. Talk about biting the hand that feeds.. How ungratefu!

Tom:

Dawn

Specter was spewing just yesterday about the FBI's misuse of the Patriot Act to spy on the public. Methinks his Warren Commission experience taught him ALL about the executive branch's misuse of the Justice Department for political purposes. Some contrived nonsense about a single-bullet theory, which Specter was forced to concoct to save the Oswald did it foregone conclusion, tells me so... The irony is that the creators of the conclusion--Johnson and Hoover--NEVER believed Specter's lie manufactured to save the conclusion, and told others as much. Talk about biting the hand that feeds.. How ungratefu!

Kid yourself not!

Specter is still a master of diversion and distraction from his true nature.

Fortunately (or unfortunately for him) he is also subject to political blackmail for his actions on the WC.

Anyone who has read his book and believes the hogwash about why he voted Not Guilty against Clinton, would believe the WC also.

Tom:

Dawn

Kid yourself not!

Fortunately (or unfortunately for him) he is also subject to political blackmail for his actions on the WC.

Anyone who has read his book and believes the hogwash about why he voted Not Guilty against Clinton, would believe the WC also.

Spot on Thomas.

I find Pat's suggestion that Specter was 'forced' to concoct the SBT is bizarre.

Where's the evidence for that, Pat?

As for Specter's current posturings - I'd be inclined to treat them with the scepticism one usually reserves for a serial xxxx.

Tom:

Dawn

Kid yourself not!

Spot on Thomas.

I find Pat's suggestion that Specter was 'forced' to concoct the SBT is bizarre.

As for Specter's current posturings - I'd be inclined to treat them with the scepticism one usually reserves for a serial xxxx.

Sid, I think the legal counsel for the WC were probably given their riding instructions by the executive branch at the outset. Specter was a bright young lawyer but a low ranking member of the power elite at the time, imo.

You're right about him, though. He undoubtedly knew it was a sham but he was given the task of finding an explanation which the public--a much more trusting public than today's public--would buy.

He has certainly earned a special place in US history, albeit a shameful one. He'll have to live with that for the rest of his days.

Specter it would appear played several roles in the WC.

First off, one must also understand his background.

As an appointed Assistant DA of Philadelphia, Specter ran for DA on the Democratic ticket and lost.

Not long thereafter, he gained the appointement to the WC.

As the "Jew Boy" of the WC, Specter was instrumental in two primary coverups.

1. Keeping the "Jewish" taint out of the investigation. (Jack Ruby had done his part)

2. Covering up the actual facts of how the assassination occurred.

For his reward, Specter returned to Philadelphia, PA, ran for DA on the Republican Party ticket, and was elected.

Now, after all of these years he is virtually untouchable in an election due to the huge "warchest" of funds which he has accumulated, largely through the auspices of Jewish lobby and fundraising groups.

Arlen Specter was the WC's/LBJ's little "Jewboy" who would do anything to achieve the power and position which he had failed to gain during his initial defeat for DA of Philadelphia.

Guest Mark Valenti

Thomas,

I'm not sure how you meant your last post to come across but IMO it seems at the very least antagonistic toward Jews. Am I wrong?

Thomas,

I'm not sure how you meant your last post to come across but IMO it seems at the very least antagonistic toward Jews. Am I wrong?

Actually:

It is against any segment of society who is willing to become a public official and then utilize that position for there own personal greed and or power trip, at the expense of the American Public.

I am against ALL aspects of society which cater specifically to a certain class of society.

Be it the KKK, the NAACP, the Masonic Order, the Jewish Lobby, the AIM, etc; etc; etc;.

I happen to have once had some relatively close friends who were Jewish. And, they did not sell their soul for wealth and/or power.

However, not unlike most segments of our society, I also know a few who have done exactly that.

Arlen Specter, and his kind, are undoubtedly what got many innocent Jewish persons sent to the gas chamber in Hitler's Germany.

Rest assured that my personal disdain for who and what Lyndon B. Johnson was, by far exceeds my disdain for Arlen Specter.

Spot on Thomas.

The WC was a whitewash. Specter and a few of the other counsel tried to find out if the whitewash was also the truth. On April 30th he pushed the commission to verify the location of the President's wounds. They agreed to do this. On May 12th he wrote a memo explaining exactly what needed to be done. Warren, instead, changed his mind and refused to let the autopsy photos and x-rays be used to verify the location of the back wound. On May 24th Specter performed the re-enactment in Dallas, and measured the angle of a bullet from the sniper's nest against the relative angle of Kennedy's and Connally's wounds. They didn't line up. Years later, Specter would admit that the Secret Service showed him the back wound photo that day. This photo should have caused Specter to really question the single-bullet theory, which he'd felt was necessary to prove Oswald acted alone. Instead, he said all was well and never reported to Warren and the Commission what the photo showed. In Passion for Truth he lies through his teeth and says the photo shows that the back wound was higher than the throat wound.

My question: if Specter really believed the back wound in the photo was higher than the throat wound, why didn't he tell anybody about viewing the photo? 1) He was a gutless coward who thought he'd get in trouble. 2) He didn't think they really cared.

Spot on Thomas.

The WC was a whitewash. Specter and a few of the other counsel tried to find out if the whitewash was also the truth. On April 30th he pushed the commission to verify the location of the President's wounds. They agreed to do this. On May 12th he wrote a memo explaining exactly what needed to be done. Warren, instead, changed his mind and refused to let the autopsy photos and x-rays be used to verify the location of the back wound. On May 24th Specter performed the re-enactment in Dallas, and measured the angle of a bullet from the sniper's nest against the relative angle of Kennedy's and Connally's wounds. They didn't line up. Years later, Specter would admit that the Secret Service showed him the back wound photo that day. This photo should have caused Specter to really question the single-bullet theory, which he'd felt was necessary to prove Oswald acted alone. Instead, he said all was well and never reported to Warren and the Commission what the photo showed. In Passion for Truth he lies through his teeth and says the photo shows that the back wound was higher than the throat wound.

My question: if Specter really believed the back wound in the photo was higher than the throat wound, why didn't he tell anybody about viewing the photo? 1) He was a gutless coward who thought he'd get in trouble. 2) He didn't think they really cared.

" 'HIGHER' than the throat wound"??? Pat, this man is nuts!! I've read his inane explanation about the shirt "bunching up", in fact there's a wonderful conversation between Vince Salandria and Specter on this where Specter shows just how badly he fares in his his position.

To title a book "Passion for Truth" is really a sad irony and he damn well knows it.

Dawn

Spot on Thomas.

" 'HIGHER' than the throat wound"??? Pat, this man is nuts!! I've read his inane explanation about the shirt "bunching up", in fact there's a wonderful conversation between Vince Salandria and Specter on this where Specter shows just how badly he fares in his his position.

To title a book "Passion for Truth" is really a sad irony and he damn well knows it.

Dawn

In my next video, Dawn, I focus on Specter and the back wound, and am not very kind.

In event that Specter actually had any "Passion" for the truth, then he quite obviously had an "obsession" in keeping the truth from being found out.

As is again evidenced in his attempt to prevent the "Packwood" diaries from being fully disclosed in attempt to help cover up the multiple sexual harassment activities of Bob Packwood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Packwood

The US Senate voted 94 to 6 to authorize the committee investigating Packwood to seek a court order to enforce a subpoena for Packwood's diaries.

See John! Not all of the US's political representation are crooks; criminals; etc;.