Here is the....

David Wiegman:Information.......

"We were in that straight-a-way heading down to what I now know as

the Book Depository, and I heard the first report and I thought like every

body that it was a good size firecracker---a cherry bomb .Then when I

heard the second one, the adrenaline really started pumping because

there was a reaction in the motorcade, I was sitting on the edge of the

(car door) frame,which I sometimes did. I keenly remember right after

the incident that my feet were on the ground during one of the reports.

I don't think I was fast enough to react to the second, but I think on the

third one I was running.

The car had slowed down enough for me to jump out. I swung my leg

over and jumped while the car was still moving, but it was very slow.

I jumped and I remember running and I remember the third shot.

When I got out I knew I better get around the corner. The car was

stopping. I'd better run around there and see what was happening. I

knew the reaction was to run forward. I'd done this before in other

motorcades because a lot of times the President will stop and do

something. He might just shake a hand. He might look at a sign.

So your doing no good sitting in your car, and you can always

retrieve your car as it goes by....It was a technique I've used and

I've gotten some good pictures that way. That may have been built

in to get out and run and get up there and see what the heck's

happening . The motorcade has stopped, plus you heard a report

I don't think I thought on the first or second ( shot ), but when the

third one went off, I really thought I felt the compression on my face.

----I really thought I felt it. The I thought "Somebody is shooting".

The idea of turning on the camera, I don't know where that came

from. Iv'e turned in some real sloppy work over the years that

went into editing because I believed that sometimes your not

photographing what's happening as much as the moment. It's a

slice of time. And something told me, "hey look, what have I got to

lose. I've got a full spring and just turn it on." I can't stop and plant

my feet, so I put it against my chest because you can't run with a

Filmo up to your eyes. So I just slid i tdown under my chin and

looked forward and ran as fast as I could and took in everything I

could."

Telephone interview Wiegman, 3/11/89..P.O.T.P...Trask..

pages 371-372.

He was in the Press car 1."the reel car"

the first with photographers aboard..A yellow 1964 Chev.Impala

convertible.

The President's Lincoln..The Queen Mary.SS...L.B.Js ...

SS..The Bell Telephone press pool car ..then the Press #1 Car..

(Wiegman's). Along with Atkins,Craven,John Hoefen,( Wiegman's

sound man..Front seat driving a Texas Ranger..then Cleve Ryan

then Wiegman on the passenger seat in the sixth car behind the

President..

He was carrying a Filmo movie camera,used no handle,

shot with left eye finders on left side of camera.Wide angle lens,

He thought he used a 10mm.that day..

Worked for NBC..TV cameraman..White House attachment every

day for 8 years..37 years old..

"It would appear through careful analysis of this film, and aided in

research done by Richard Sprague and Gary Mack ,on the timing

of the sequence, that Wiegman began filming

A LITTLE OVER THREE SECONDS:....

prior to the President BEING HIT IN THE HEAD".

Gary Mack 's,"Coverups!"..9/1982..p.2-5...9/1985, p.1-2..

Letter Richard Sprague to Robert Cuttler, 10/31/1982.

"Wiegman probably first pressed his camera trigger just after

the second shot."..clip.."begins as Wiegman's car is approaching

the TSDB, while the telephone car infront begins making the

left hand turn.".." shows various spectators on the steps of the

Book Depository as well as others on the sidewalk..Many are

looking forwards towards the presidential vehicle while some

are gazing back at the vehincles coming in their direction."

.Trask..p373

What we have of the Wiegman film....

http://www.jfk-online.com/films.html

Below shows the positions of the motorcade, in which the "professional" photographers

were riding...and the map of where the witness photographers were standing...who

had come to see the mororcade.FYIW..

B.....

Edited by Bernice Moore

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great movie!

Incidentally, it shows (I think) Walter Mathau playing Senator Long, saying "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Earl Warren said we're not going to know the truth for 75 years and it's better that we don't."

Did Warren really say that? When? What's the source?

One more frame:

Balustrade2.jpg

Bernice, I am obliged for your data posts & will respond.

Meanwhile, I thank Robin for this capture. I believe there's my man again at column 2 ( i.e., a cylindrical vertical upright used to support a structure [the balustrade upper rail] ) of the balustrade reckoning from right to left. He has been there since Z-313. Thus, he is a yard from the steamline pipe & 10 feet from Hoffman's rifle toss as it occurred in real time. Plus, he could have & would have seen (had his attention been drawn) behind the switchbox. Question: Is this the clever plan of the assassination team? To throw a rifle over a steamline pipe because there would be zero witnesses to see it sail through the air? :lol:

Miles:

Keeping in mind, there were two of DPDs finest, one at each end, supposedly on the Overpass..

it could be one?? The other was standing with Sam Holland and the RR workers..

Also no need to throw it over the pipe...the RR Box was beyond the pipe, is that perhaps

what you are getting at ?, it being thrown and dismantled and put in the box, and or into a

toolbox type, and a man in a RR uniform, picks it up and simply walks away over the

tracks as one was seen to be doing....?? No need to, throw it over, the whomever would be on the other

side of said pipe...near the box..and the end of the fence, where it turns inward and creates

a blind spot, to all on the overpass....

See below the photo taken of Marguerite Oswald, she had gone to the Plaza, with Mark Lane,

I think,not positive, but showing her with newsmen.......it shows, the box, and the pipe, which is in

front of said box..also shows the binding around the pipes that Sam spoke about..

On the large map attached, you can see at each end of the overpass, how the blind spots were

created as it turned in, and then did so again.....taken 63....

B.....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Miles:

Keeping in mind, there were two of DPDs finest, one at each end, supposedly on the Overpass..

Also no need to throw it over the pipe...the RR Box was beyond the pipe, is that perhaps

what you are getting at ?, it being thrown and dismantled and put in the box, and or into a

toolbox type, and a man in a RR uniform, picks it up and simply walks away over the

tracks as one was seen to be doing....?? No need to, throw it over, the whomever would be on the other

side of said pipe...near the box..and the end of the fence, where it turns inward and creates

See below the photo taken of Marguerite Oswald, she had gone to the Plaza, with Mark Lane,

I think,not positive, but showing her with newsmen.......it shows, the box, and the pipe, which is in

front of said box..also shows the binding around the pipes that Sam spoke about..

On the large map attached, you can see at each end of the overpass, how the blind spots were

B.....

See:

Dealey_Plaza_11-23-1963_aerial-1.jpg

Thx, Bernice, if you can blow up this .jpg you will see that on 11-22(or 23-date of photo)-63 a man standing at column 2 of the balustrade (column man) could easily have seen Ed's apocryphal rifle toss. Remember, Column Man would have heard clearly the crack or report of the kill shot to his immediate left &, consequently, would have had a reflex reaction to look to his left to see, amazingly, the assassin pitch his rifle. Of course, no pitch ever occurred. If Ed's toss occurred in the blind area, then, of course, Column Man would have seen the assassin's assistant leap over or duck under the steam pipe with the rifle!. :lol: It's noteworthy that Ed changed his story from the assassin throwing the rifle with his palms up to throwing it with his palms down.... just one of the numerous contradicting inconsistancies.... :lol: [bTW, note the cars parked along, against the long arm of the picket fence. How could the shooter have walked west down along the fence between these cars & the fence? Maybe he shuffled side stepping, crab-wise? :rolleyes: ]

Edited by Miles Scull

Bernice,

Thanks for providing Lem John's personal statement.

Quote from Trask's POTP:page 374

I'll start with Wiegman:

"When I came back down the hill Lem Johns didn't have a ride and I said, Come on, get in our car. Here it is,' and he jumped in our car."

That would be cameracar #1.

Provided is Dillard's #25 showing cameracar #1. Lem John's photo above it.

Is Lem Johns in this car?

chris

Miles:

B.....

See:

Thx, Bernice, if you can blow up this .jpg you will see that on 11-22(or 23-date of photo)-63 a man standing at column 2 of the balustrade (column man) could easily have seen Ed's apocryphal rifle toss. Remember, Column Man would have heard clearly the crack or report of the kill shot to his immediate left &, consequently, would have had a reflex reaction to look to his left to see, amazingly, the assassin pitch his rifle. Of course, no pitch ever occurred. If Ed's toss occurred in the blind area, then, of course, Column Man would have seen the assassin's assistant leap over or duck under the steam pipe with the rifle!. :huh: It's noteworthy that Ed changed his story from the assassin throwing the rifle with his palms up to throwing it with his palms down.... just one of the numerous contradicting inconsistancies.... :lol: [bTW, note the cars parked along, against the long arm of the picket fence. How could the shooter have walked west down along the fence between these cars & the fence? Maybe he shuffled side stepping, crab-wise? :blink: ]

Hi Miles:

I am trying to get this straight.... ........Ed spoke of a man coming from behind the fence, towards the box area....not shooting from there..the blind area.....the RR box was beyond the pipe...not visa versa..see marguerites photo.......the cars did not park right up against the fence....as we know there was room in between, there were many,many footprints behind...

Sam Holland referred to two different foot prints, seen in an area where the whomevers, had appeared to have paced back and forth in a matter of 10 feet I believe...some 20 feet approx from the corner of the fence......so no not crab like.......and when he and the RR men , Simmons was another, and the DPD arrived at that spot, they did see and inspect the footprints, so there was room behind the fence, for movement..

Also Lee Bowers mentions as well as one other, ?? gone now, that immediately after he noticed a RR employee, carrying a tool box, and walking over the RR tracks...??

The palms up and palms down, to me is, ?...as time passes, could be from different translations, as you know he is a deaf mute, and unless it is it seems his daughter with him when translation is needed, or a professional, each tanslate with some differences, on some words....I for myself, would not put much into that..if the basic story remains the same,that is why I try to work with first evidence.....imo.

Similar to other witnesses who have over the years changed a word or so, when asked to recall, we must keep in mind, it is 44 years this Nov....I sure would not like to recall anything from all those years ago....I know I would make one heck of a mess of it....speaking for myself that is..with some words used, now and back then..

Ever try the parlor game, where one guest tells a short story to the next, whispered into their ear, and what it sounds like when it comes out of the last visitors mouth.... :D

Thanks much for the comeback....

B.....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Bernice,

Thanks for providing Lem John's personal statement.

Quote from Trask's POTP:page 374

I'll start with Wiegman:

"When I came back down the hill Lem Johns didn't have a ride and I said, Come on, get in our car. Here it is,' and he jumped in our car."

That would be cameracar #1.

Provided is Dillard's #25 showing cameracar #1. Lem John's photo above it.

Is Lem Johns in this car?

chris

Hi Chris.....

Yes as Photo car, 2 had passed 1....Wiegman was in car number 1......and that is Wiegman, with the Fedora on, reaching out....to give whom ??..a hand..will find...

I did just try a quick search, as do have some info on the cars becoming out of order and this in particular, but it did not spring to the

surface as it is suppose to, magically... :lol:

Here is the list below FWIW....The Camera Cars: When the motorcade began, that is...

These vehicles were provided by Earl Hayes Chevrolet , were

positioned

6th, 7th,8th....behind the presidential Lincoln.

The listing of the seating is below..

Camera Car # 1, 1964 Chevrolet Impala ,Yellow 2 door convertible .

License # PI 9059. 6 men seated.

1.Front seat, Driver, John Hoefen (NBC sound technician) David Wiegman Jr.

...(NBC cameraman),

1.Back seat, Thomas J.Craven Jr (CBS cameraman), Cleve Ryan (Pool

...Electrician ) Thomas M.Aikins ( White House cameraman ).

Camera Car # 2, 1964 Chevrolet Implala ,Silver 2 door convertible.

License # PI 7856. 6 men seated.

2. Front seat, Driver, Donald C."Clint" Grant ( Dallas Morning News

...photographer, Frank Cancellare (UPI photographer) .

2.Back seat, Cecil Stoughton (White House photographer) Arthur Rickerby

...(Life photographer) Henry D.Burroughs (AP photographer).

Camera Car # 3, 1964 Chevrolet Impala ,Gray 2 door convertible.

License #...856. 6 men.

3. Front seat, Driver, James R. Underwood (KRLD cameraman)

....Thomas C.Dillard (Dallas Morning News photographer)

3. Back seat, Jimmy Darnell (WBAP cameraman) Malcolm O.Couch

...(WFAA cameraman) Robert H.Jackson ( Dallas Times Herald

....photographer)..

Thanks for now.....

B....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Chris:

Have a look in the Atkins photos..if any..I only have the four of them.......this one shows the number #1 photo car,

in the lead..and Wiegman running

to catch it..

.Now it did slow down and # 2 passed ....and it is said that Lem got in along with Dave W.....and in looking

at the photo you posted, it appears to be crammed full of photogs....(an aside, on the right that appears to be Motorcyclist DP Hargis , as

in another he is heading for the curb, to park the bike, and run up the hill.....)

Also see if you have any early frames on the Bond film....I checked mine, none that I found, that show much before we see the bus..

I could not pick any photogs out running in the streets....see if the convertibles are shown ??....if possible.......you may

be able to see some photogs within, getting back in the convertibles, or perhaps Wiegman and Lem Johns??..if there are some available

that is....??

Just some thoughts...

B..

Edited by Bernice Moore

Miles:

B.....

See:

Thx, Bernice, if you can blow up this .jpg you will see that on 11-22(or 23-date of photo)-63 a man standing at column 2 of the balustrade (column man) could easily have seen Ed's apocryphal rifle toss. Remember, Column Man would have heard clearly the crack or report of the kill shot to his immediate left &, consequently, would have had a reflex reaction to look to his left to see, amazingly, the assassin pitch his rifle. Of course, no pitch ever occurred. If Ed's toss occurred in the blind area, then, of course, Column Man would have seen the assassin's assistant leap over or duck under the steam pipe with the rifle!. :huh: It's noteworthy that Ed changed his story from the assassin throwing the rifle with his palms up to throwing it with his palms down.... just one of the numerous contradicting inconsistancies.... :lol: [bTW, note the cars parked along, against the long arm of the picket fence. How could the shooter have walked west down along the fence between these cars & the fence? Maybe he shuffled side stepping, crab-wise? :blink: ]

Hi Miles:

I am trying to get this straight....

Thx, Bernice, for analysis!

........Ed spoke of a man coming from behind the fence, towards the box area....not shooting from there

Ed said the shooter fired from Hollands' reported sniper's spot.

..the blind area.....the RR box was beyond the pipe...not visa versa..see marguerites photo.......the cars did not park right up against the fence....as we know

No! We do not know the arrangement & disposition of the cars further west from the muddy trampled area noted by Holland, other than Sam's comment that the parking area was a sea of cars. In other words, there is reason to suspect that the cars further west were parked close to the fence, because Sam's account suggests that in order to reach the trampled area he & cohorts has to jump & leap around & about cars to arrive at the trampled area!

there was room in between, there were many,many footprints behind...

Sam Holland referred to two different foot prints, seen in an area where the whomevers, had appeared to have paced back and forth in a matter of 10 feet I believe...some 20 feet approx from the corner of the fence......so no not crab like

No, see above.

.......and when he and the RR men , Simmons was another, and the DPD arrived at that spot, they did see and inspect the footprints, so there was room behind the fence, for movement..

No, see above.

Also Lee Bowers mentions as well as one other, ?? gone now, that immediately after he noticed a RR employee, carrying a tool box, and walking over the RR tracks...??

The palms up and palms down, to me is, ?

This is from Ed's pantomime on two different (video taped) occasions; therefore, there is no possibility of his being misinterpreted via mistranslations of his sign language.

...as time passes, could be from different translations, as you know he is a deaf mute, and unless it is it seems his daughter with him when translation is needed, or a professional, each tanslate with some differences, on some words....I for myself, would not put much into that..if the basic story remains the same,that is why I try to work with first evidence.....imo.

As do I.

Similar to other witnesses who have over the years changed a word or so, when asked to recall, we must keep in mind, it is 44 years this Nov....I sure would not like to recall anything from all those years ago....I know I would make one heck of a mess of it....speaking for myself that is..with some words used, now and back then..

Ever try the parlor game, where one guest tells a short story to the next, whispered into their ear, and what it sounds like when it comes out of the last visitors mouth.... :D

Thanks much for the comeback....

Sorry, B., but in the final analysis Ed's story is highly suspect, to say the least. Put another way, Ed was, as his Dad knew, simply & excusably seeking attention with a hero's yarn. Do you know that Ed claimed that he received yearly Christmas cards from the Kennedy family? Oops! ;)

B.....

Hi Miles:

" No see above"?? gee that appears to me that your mind is made up, in cement ??

Then the question why are we discussing this, comes to mind..??

I was in error and you were correct on the tossing of said rifle to the RR ? man over the pipe..brain drain.??

I watched Sam Holland again this afternoon, in his interview with Mark Lane "Rush to Judgement, I believe it was

originally made in 67...he states words to the effect they were milling about,

where the footprints and all were, he speaks of looking in the area of the fence and around for empty shells

and such with the DPD and others, so there had to be room in front of said cars for them to do so..

And if not there would not have been any footprints of any kind, to be found in the first place, and they were many,

as told by several.....witnesses....

He does say to get to that area they did vault and climb over cars...but if it your belief that the cars were all parked

right up against the fence and therefore there could not be any footprints either, fine with me, that is your opinion..

The video is also available here on Johns list..

If you want to suspect Ed's information, that is up tp you.....

I have never heard nor seen one witness that ever stated, you have to believe me....I give them all the benefit of the doubt, as

they were there, and I was not..though I realise with time information from ...some now has changed to some degree..

When Jim Marrs first spoke to Ed I think around 87 ish...?..he did find the FBI information that backed up what he had related

to him,about him contacting them.....

Ed also at the Thanksgiving celebration with his family, after the assassination, 63, did relate the information to a family relative

who was a policeman at the family function..His parents were also deaf mutes

and did encourage him to not become involved ..after telling his relative that day, he was assured the authourities had the man,

and that all was being investigated, so it ended there at that time for him.

However as time went on like the rest of us, he came to realise that the Governments version was questionable...and so he then

went to the FBI office again on Jan.28th 67...

Whether or not they could not understand him or ever took the trouble to even try, we shall never know, the reports that they

wrote up were so distorted..

Of course his parents had concern about their son becoming involved, I believe that was a natural reaction..I did know that he

had written to Edward Kennedy and had

received a reply, all depends again on who was interpreting what he was saying at the time, could be, and or perhaps he did,

have you ever contacted his daughter and perhaps asked,if he ever did say that about the cards ?? just a thought...

It also was later on, with his supervisors encouragement that he again contacted the FBI and he acted as translator for him...

as he felt they did not understand...but they again seemed to have no real interest in persuing the information, just as they were

not with the RR workers information that had been on the overpass, that were not called by the W/C, as well as so many others..

except for Sam Holland....

So as we are well aware, the WCs report simply stated there was

not any credible evidence as to any shots being fired from anywhere but the 6th floor ..so in otherwards if it did not agree

with a lone assassin firing from the TSBD they were not interested.........and therefore Ed along with so many others were all

mistaken or making up stories.....cest le vie..

But what Ed says, does reinforce what others did and have said, as to what they saw, and heard....that there was a gunman

shooting from the knoll fence area..But it is up to the individual as to what you believe or choose not to...

I did go looking in the files ...I thought perhaps you might have been interested in what I did find, but now I get the

impression that you will not be, as you state " Ed's story is highly suspect"....and it appears to me, imo your mind is made up,

but that is up to you and is your opinion and I respect such..........but will post for whomever may be..

It was information from a book, that I copied out some years ago and posted on another forum...

The Ed Hoffman Site..

This is from "Triangle of Fire" the Bob Goodman story....and what became a friendship

with Ed Hoffman.

One afternoon, Bob was on the steps of Dealey Plaza, near where Zapruder had made

the film, and he saw a man standing behind the stockade fence watching him.

In looking in his direction the man, smiled and waved as if he knew him...

Since Bob felt he could not be sure about anyone at the grassy knoll, he ignored him

at first. Then glancing over his shoulder the man waved again..So Bob walked up closer

to the fence, thinking he may want to ask him something....

The man nodded and smiled, and Bob felt there was something different about this

man..and was drawn towards him..as Bob approached him the man looked over his

bifocals, and pounded his index finger on his chest, he then slowly moved his finger

to the corner of his eye and pointed to Elm St...He spoke not a word, and they stared

at each other..Ed wrote on John's notepad his name, and that he had seen what had

happened the day of the assassination......... John had heard about him....Ed Hoffman.

Ed had seen someone behind the stockade fence on the grassy knoll with a rifle when

the President was shot. Through sign language and written notes they communicated,

and Ed told John his story.

On the afternoon of Nov.22/63, he had been on his way to a dental appointment when

he remembered the President was coming to town. As he drove he had seen people

waiting alongside the motorcade route. He passed over the overpass and pulled his car

to the shoulder of the road, and waited near the Stemmons Freeway overpass bridge.

His location was west of Dealey Plaza where the freeway bridge crossed Elm St.

From this position, he had a good view, not only of the street, but also of the area behind

the stockade fence on the Grassy Knoll. Ed wrote that he had seen a man in a dark blue

suit coat and a fedora-style hat with a rifle behind the fence. He said the man had run with

the rifle and had pitched it to another man who appeared to have broken the rifle down or

to have taken it apart, behind a large, silver-colored railroad switching box located near

the corner of the fence, near the railroad overpass bridge.

The man wearing the black fedora had then run back along the fence for a short distance,

and then he had started to walk casually across the parking lot.

As the President's convertible limousine drove down Elm St. and toward the freeway just

seconds later, Ed saw the aftermath of the assassin's bullets. He saw the blood and the

agony and the damage to the President’s head. He knew that something terrible had happened.

Ed communicated with his close friends and family what he had witnessed and had even reported

it to the authorities. The results were a lack of interest and a warning to forget about what he had seen.

His story remained fairly well secret until the summer of 85 when he shared his eyewitness account to

veteran researcher and writer Jim Marrs, who also, on occasion visited the Dealey Plaza area.

Mr. Hoffman explained that there now is a large billboard that now blocks the view that he had on Nov.22/63

and this created a problem. It was impossible to take a photograph of the view that he had seen that

afternoon from the overpass area. The billboard was twelve to fifteen feet lower and almost at ground

level on the day of the assassination.

Every two or three weeks, Ed would drop by Dealey and visit Bob Goodman, and it was on one of these

visits that as they walked over to the train tracks, and as stood looking at the back of the billboard, he

showed John where the metal posts that supported the sign had been extended.

The metal beams had indeed been welded and lengthened thus raising the billboard twelve to fifteen

feet from it's original position. It was frustrating to Ed to try to explain his story without showing him his

direct viewpoint. Later it was discovered that there was a photo taken the day of the assassination

showing the billboard at ground level. It confirmed Mr. Hoffman's claim of the position as being a fact..

Not only that but later the sign was taken down for repairs, and during that time, a photo was taken..

showing the view that Ed had that day.....also below Ed showing where abouts he saw the wound to the

President's head..

Thanks

B......

Edited by Bernice Moore

Chris :

This may help in your search..........

Couch...two men running for convertible...first man to reach the car....Trask thinks may be Lem Johns page 426 ..POTP.

Malcolm Couch, # 3 Photographer car, middle back seat..filming.....

""AP' Jim Altgens is seen as is W/H film maker Tom Atkins, who with his camera visible, is running to the left.The side of Bob Jackson's face to the right of Couch

is also picked up in this scene..

snip.....

Couch's car further down Elm St.approaching the underpass..Cycle Officer Haygood is off his cycle, just beyond the concrete steps leading from Elm St......to the pergola...

A man is seen running in the street, probably ""S.S.Agent Lem Jones ""who had jumped out of his own vehicle and who now physically vaults over the trunk of the trunk into Camera Car # 1...Atkins is also running for the open passenger door of the first car, while another man runs down the sidewalk.."

There are three frames on the bottom of page 426.....also you can see some on this clip.......but the film does not show,the man on the extreme left as it is not the same width as the frames within the book....?therefore, you do not see "Lem" running in front of Atkins....in the film attached ??

http://jfkmurderphotos.bravehost.com/couch.html

Nor in the gif,which I will try to attach, which may be one of yours Chris.....

B

Edited by Bernice Moore