The Education Forum

The MEN Who Killed Kennedy

The Congressional HSCA concluded that acoustical evidence pointed to a conspiracy in the murder of President Kennedy.

So going along with that is by no means "far out," it's lock-step establishment.

I believe that a government panel subsequently concluded that the HSCA was full of crap, confirming what the FBI had already concluded.

I don't understand how you can characterize anything that purports to prove conspiracy to be "lock-step establishment."

Anyone who can make such a statement deserves a spanking.

Edited by Ron Ecker

The Congressional HSCA concluded that acoustical evidence pointed to a conspiracy in the murder of President Kennedy.

So going along with that is by no means "far out," it's lock-step establishment.

I believe that a government panel subsequently concluded that the HSCA was full of crap, confirming what the FBI had already concluded.

I don't understand how you can characterize anything that purports to prove conspiracy to be "lock-step establishment."

Hey, getting a little kinky there!

Kathy

Hah! :huh::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironically, I do in fact deserve a spanking for everything I've ever said except the post you're responding to Ron.

Mack told me that he believed that Lee Oswald pulled the trigger.

That's what I call lockstep establishment.

Uh, at the risk of provoking further corporal punishment, would you be so kind as to direct me to a resource where I can see when/how/etc "a government panel subsequently concluded that the HSCA was full of crap"?

Hey, getting a little kinky there!

Kathy

And high time too!

Let's generate a little traffic. :huh:

Uh, at the risk of provoking further corporal punishment, would you be so kind as to direct me to a resource where I can see when/how/etc "a government panel subsequently concluded that the HSCA was full of crap"?

Here's a link to an article in the Washington Post from 2001 that discusses the National Academy of Sciences panel, also known as the Ramsey Panel after the physicist who headed it, that concluded in 1982 that the "shots" heard on the DPD dictabelt are just random noise.

The study referred to in the article's headline is an article published in 2001 by D.B. Thomas, purportiing to show that the Ramsey Panel was wrong and the HSCA was right. I don't think there is any consensus among researchers on the issue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A...anguage=printer

Here's a link to an article in the Washington Post from 2001 that discusses the National Academy of Sciences panel, also known as the Ramsey Panel after the physicist who headed it, that concluded in 1982 that the "shots" heard on the DPD dictabelt are just random noise.

The study referred to in the article's headline is an article published in 2001 by D.B. Thomas, purportiing to show that the Ramsey Panel was wrong and the HSCA was right. I don't think there is any consensus among researchers on the issue.

Here is the Thomas presentation on the Acoustical Evidence:

http://pages.prodigy.net/whiskey99/hearnoevil.htm

Thanks for link, Kathy. :)

Miles

Here is the Thomas presentation on the Acoustical Evidence:

http://pages.prodigy.net/whiskey99/hearnoevil.htm

Thanks for the links Kathy and Ron.

...But I'm gonna admit to being confused about we're even discussing.

Ok, so as I look back over the thread we start out talking about whether Mack is a sincere researcher or an establishment mouthpiece. Ron says Mack believes that the acoustical evidence is valid ergo (I paraphrase) that makes him a "far out conspiracist." I point out that the HCSA, which produced the acoustical evidence, is establishment plus Mack told me the hard evidence says Oswald pulled the trigger. Ron then says the HCSA conclusions were crap. So where does that leave us?

Mack believes in a gov't produced crap accoustical study and a gov't produced patsy set up therefore he is a a "far out conspiracist"?

Huh?

Ron says Mack believes that the acoustical evidence is valid ergo (I paraphrase) that makes him a "far out conspiracist."

What I meant was that there are some (whether lone nutters or conspiracists) who would say that those who believe the acoustical evidence is valid are "far out" conspiracists, since the "shots" on the tape (in the view of some) are just random noise, i.e. nonsense.

In The Encyclopedia of the JFK Assassination by Michael Benson (to cite an example, I'm not recommending this book), Benson writes in the book's second entry, "It is important to note that there are no audible gunshots on the tapes. Belief in the (HSCA) scientific findings was always oddly reminiscent of the belief in flea circuses - the experts had to tell you that the fleas were actually there."

Mack told me the hard evidence says Oswald pulled the trigger.
That's not the same thing as Mack himself saying Oswald pulled the trigger. IMO what Mack calls hard evidence was planted evidence (e.g. the rifle and shells). I don't know how much Mack believes was planted, but he clearly doesn't think Oswald acted alone.
Ron then says the HCSA conclusions were crap.

I didn't say that. The NAS panel said it (i.e. that the HSCA was wrong, they didn't call it crap, at least not in their official report).

I have no doubt that Gary Mack is doing a superlative job as Curator of the Sixth Floor Museum. I just discovered that Gary has aquired copies of all six films of the shooting of Lee Oswald and that that they will be available for viewing by researchers. This is just the kind of thing that we would expect a good curator to do, and I am sure countless other examples could be recited.

But Gary Mack goes way above and beyond the requirements of being a good museum curator in his efforts to assist researchers. Whatever his own opinions of the case may be, he is obviously deeply committed to facilitating the ongoing JFK inquiry.

The day he was appointed Curator was a fortunate day indeed for Assassination researchers.

I have no doubt that Gary Mack is doing a superlative job as Curator of the Sixth Floor Museum. I just discovered that Gary has aquired copies of all six films of the shooting of Lee Oswald and that that they will be available for viewing by researchers. This is just the kind of thing that we would expect a good curator to do, and I am sure countless other examples could be recited.

But Gary Mack goes way above and beyond the requirements of being a good museum curator in his efforts to assist researchers. Whatever his own opinions of the case may be, he is obviously deeply committed to facilitating the ongoing JFK inquiry.

The day he was appointed Curator was a fortunate day indeed for Assassination researchers.

I disagree. The "Sixth Floor Museum," the limo rides and DVD selling are all too Hollywood for me. Next there'll be a theme park based on the assassination.

Kathy

Thank you Gil for reminding us what Gary has said. I know there are even more quotable moments, but this is good.

Gary, we have spoken over the phone and emailed to each other, and I do not forget those exchanges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QLFOzwsYSM

Peter,

Did you mean this one????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Yf_H5v47Y

Although I do not post much, I read a great deal of these threads, both old and new. Gary seems to be always there with answers, and is a great resource for documents and photos. He invites those, who wish to view them, to make an appointment and come and see them.

Sometimes, he raises objections to arguments, but this is necessary for anyone who is doing serious research.

I can honestly tell you that I think the world of him and have nothing but the utmost respect for him and what he does.

THANK YOU,GARY!!!!

:)

ah, the good ole day's.... much has changed young lady! So, shall we annoit him this day or wait a few hundred years?

Hey David:

By gosh it does appear that some are "annointing him" ... :blink:

Hey peoples do a search on older threads re the Gary.....much

information..fyi....

B...

Kathleen, I don't think Gary or the museum has/had anything to do with the limo rides. If you're talking about the one that puts you into a replica of Kennedy's Lincoln, it was run by a guy by the name of Paul Krute, and they stopped a long time ago. Don't know what happened to the car itself.

JWK

Edited by J. William King

Kathleen, I don't think Gary or the museum has/had anything to do with the limo rides. If you're talking about the one that puts you into a replica of Kennedy's Lincoln, it was run by a guy by the name of Paul Krute, and they stopped a long time ago. Don't know what happened to the car itself.

JWK

Thanks for telling me about the limo rides. Gary Mack also said he wasn't responsible.

Kathy

JWK

Thanks for telling me about the limo rides. Gary Mack also said he wasn't responsible.

Kathy

Paul told me that he sold the replica limo and unfortunately the new owner wrecked it; total loss.

Jack