The Education Forum

I've been unable to reach Spartacus all night

My site was hacked into last week. My service provider has spent a week trying to recover my website. Unfortunately, a lot of is lost. The hacker was obviously aware that I was away for ten days. I do have a hidden copy of my website with friends and so hopefully I will be eventually able to make the original site available. Clearly, I am upsetting someone .

Guest Gary Loughran
My site was hacked into last week. My service provider has spent a week trying to recover my website. Unfortunately, a lot of is lost. The hacker was obviously aware that I was away for ten days. I do have a hidden copy of my website with friends and so hopefully I will be eventually able to make the original site available. Clearly, I am upsetting someone .

Hi john,

I'm gutted to hear about this. Were there any specific personages or topics which received more attention from the hacker than others. Also, do you not maintain the files offline on your own PC for example. If so was this affected in any way.

I hope you get the full site up and running again shortly.

Regards

Gary

not be an alarmist about things I know nothing about, but...

I've had to rewrite this forum to my IE7 fav's 3 times since last night.

refuses to link.

Hi john,

I'm gutted to hear about this. Were there any specific personages or topics which received more attention from the hacker than others. Also, do you not maintain the files offline on your own PC for example. If so was this affected in any way.

Regards

Gary

I am still away so I will not able to to get the whole of the site up until next week. They destroyed the whole of my website plus the back up copy. My service provider has been able to reconstruct part of my site with a backup they made in February 2006. I have a copy of the whole site hidden with friends. Hopefully I will be able to replace the material destroyed over the weekend.

I have been in the Highlands investigating the assassination of someone by the British Secret Service during the Second World War. I believe it was part of a massive cover-up concerning a deal between Churchill and Hitler. I will post details on the forum when I get back next week.

Hi john,

Regards

Gary

I am still away so I will not able to to get the whole of the site up until next week. They destroyed the whole of my website plus the back up copy. My service provider has been able to reconstruct part of my site with a backup they made in February 2006. I have a copy of the whole site hidden with friends. Hopefully I will be able to replace the material destroyed over the weekend.

I have been in the Highlands investigating the assassination of someone by the British Secret Service during the Second World War. I believe it was part of a massive cover-up concerning a deal between Churchill and Hitler. I will post details on the forum when I get back next week.

I'm confused about what I'm seeing then when I go to a page on Spartacus then.

I'm seeing pages for everything now.

Regardless, during the outage I consistently used googles cached versions of the pages, for example:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:OLB3p...lient=firefox-a

Perhaps the cached versions can provide some material that was lost?

I can view source on them.

Regardless again, the site needs to be mirrored on a separate server, and have external (tape) backup.

Don't know if this is related, but half the time I have to log in whenever I come back to the site, though I'm supposed to stay logged in. As I say, it's about half the time, so there appears to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Hi john,

Regards

Gary

Regardless, during the outage I consistently used googles cached versions of the pages, for example:

Regardless again, the site needs to be mirrored on a separate server, and have external (tape) backup.

There is also the Wayback archive - see http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.sp...choolnet.co.uk/

Edited by Sid Walker

Hi john,

Regards

Gary

I am back and I am currently reloading the site. Although you can see most pages now, it is the version that existed six months ago. All pages that I have created or updated over the last six months are not the same as they are on my computer.

I have just got back from the Scottish Highlands where I have been investigating the death on 25th August 1942, of Prince George, Duke of Kent, the fourth son of King George V. He was killed when his aircraft crashed into Eagles Rock near Dunbeath, Caithness, Scotland. He was the first member of the British Royal Family to be killed on active military service for 500 years. His death is shrouded in mystery. The official report into his death has never been published. In fact, the government claim that it has disappeared from the archives.

I believe that Prince George was assassinated by the British intelligence services on the orders of Winston Churchill. Prince George was one of many people murdered as part of a cover-up operation. It is a story that also involves Allen Dulles and the US intelligence services. It is also a story that involved a trial run for the MKULTRA project and therefore provides insights into the JFK Assassination.

This cover-up has been so successful that historians have been unable to write an accurate account of the Second World War. In fact, when the full story is told, Winston Churchill reputation will be in tatters.

Churchill once said: “History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.” He did. He was also in the position to destroy the evidence that contradicted the Churchill myth. That included ordering the assassination of people like Prince George of Kent.

One of the reasons that the creation of the Churchill myth has been so successful is that it appeals to the vanity of the British people. Churchill’s message was not only of his own courage but that of those willing to fight by his side against tyranny and injustice. As a result, British historians have been reluctant to question the reality of Churchill's actions between 1930 and 1945. No doubt my postings will upset some British members.

I will be telling this story over the next few weeks. Hopefully other members will join in the investigation. You will find this debate here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10003