The Education Forum

Tim Carroll

[quote name='Charles Black' date='May 14 2007, 06:17 PM' post='102441']

I am terribly saddened that only at important times such as this do I become at a complete loss for words.

Tim, the prayers and well wishes of my entire family will include you. Hope can be a marvelous thing, and when combined with sincere prayer "it can create the possible"!

Charles Black

I completely agree about the power of prayer. In fact I could write a book on it. But we also must explore all alternatives. Tosh called me Sunday to get Tim's number, as he'd misplaced it and then, after they talked, we talked a second time, and Tosh had an interesting theory/idea. If correct this is treatable. Like a miracle.

I will keep Tim's friends here updated

Dawn

Edited by Dawn Meredith

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't want to be dismissive at all of the power of prayer and loving best wishes, I have acquired something appropriate to my personal weirdness: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Many diseases are incurable and many diseases have unknown causes, but this one is unique in that there is no treatment. It also happens to offer one of the ugliest deaths I can imagine. I read one case study which described a 50 year old man's last day as suffocating and panicky.

As Dawn mentioned, Tosh had a unique thought about the cause, which could possibly be right on target, but it doesn't matter because the damage is already done and there is no known remedy to stop the destruction. I have less than 20% of my lungs left, if they could be saved, but that small percent still has to process the oxygen from small spots still left, winding through the maze of what is referred to as "honeycomb lung."

When I spent a week at Stanford University, which is supposed to be the Olympus of transplants, on the last day of testing, an 80% blockage was found in the left ascending artery to my heart. They fixed that right then with a couple of stents, but it did throw a wrench into my candidacy for transplant. I haven't heard back yet with any decision. The committee was to meet on May 7, so I still don't know what to think about having not heard back.

The hospice people come in to set up the house this Monday and I will require 24/7 care, ultimately dying from sepsis-caused morphine usage. A legal client of mine who I helped years ago has arranged everything and there is a loving karmic aspect to that. So with the damage to my lungs already pervasive and with the unlikeliness of a transplant, I hope the prayers and well-wishes will influence a gentle crossing of the river.

I'm very emotional these days and especially touched by expressions of affection and remembrance. To see that I have had a fairly full life already, please check my website at www.myspace.com/waterbro. My Kennedy essay is located there as well. One of the oddest things about this disease is that it bloats the fingertips, making typing a frustratingly difficult activity. Thus, my ability to participate is diminished.

All of us here share a passion for exposure of the truth about the JFK assassination. This is especially true for patriots who believe that Dallas was a coup d'etat. While Tony Summers' newest and retitled edition, Not In Your Lifetime, applies to me, I urge all forum members to not let this go; please keep up the good fight. It's so important.

Tim

...keep up the good fight.

Tim

You got it, Tim.

Ever since we agreed with Prouty that JFK never canceled the dawn B-26 flights to take out the T-33s. That was Bundy's doing, Bundy canceled the flights without JFK's knowledge. Bundy.

There's nothing stopping this fight.

Miles

Tim, many hearts are with you, in Jesus name, we pray for a miracle.

The gentle crossing of the river comes in the end/beginning.

Free at last, God will carry you through.

Gods blessings to you, and to all who fight the good fight.

While I don't want to be dismissive at all of the power of prayer and loving best wishes, I have acquired something appropriate to my personal weirdness: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Many diseases are incurable and many diseases have unknown causes, but this one is unique in that there is no treatment. It also happens to offer one of the ugliest deaths I can imagine. I read one case study which described a 50 year old man's last day as suffocating and panicky.

As Dawn mentioned, Tosh had a unique thought about the cause, which could possibly be right on target, but it doesn't matter because the damage is already done and there is no known remedy to stop the destruction. I have less than 20% of my lungs left, if they could be saved, but that small percent still has to process the oxygen from small spots still left, winding through the maze of what is referred to as "honeycomb lung."

When I spent a week at Stanford University, which is supposed to be the Olympus of transplants, on the last day of testing, an 80% blockage was found in the left ascending artery to my heart. They fixed that right then with a couple of stents, but it did throw a wrench into my candidacy for transplant. I haven't heard back yet with any decision. The committee was to meet on May 7, so I still don't know what to think about having not heard back.

The hospice people come in to set up the house this Monday and I will require 24/7 care, ultimately dying from sepsis-caused morphine usage. A legal client of mine who I helped years ago has arranged everything and there is a loving karmic aspect to that. So with the damage to my lungs already pervasive and with the unlikeliness of a transplant, I hope the prayers and well-wishes will influence a gentle crossing of the river.

I'm very emotional these days and especially touched by expressions of affection and remembrance. To see that I have had a fairly full life already, please check my website at www.myspace.com/waterbro. My Kennedy essay is located there as well. One of the oddest things about this disease is that it bloats the fingertips, making typing a frustratingly difficult activity. Thus, my ability to participate is diminished.

All of us here share a passion for exposure of the truth about the JFK assassination. This is especially true for patriots who believe that Dallas was a coup d'etat. While Tony Summers' newest and retitled edition, Not In Your Lifetime, applies to me, I urge all forum members to not let this go; please keep up the good fight. It's so important.

Tim

"So with the damage to my lungs already pervasive and with the unlikeliness of a transplant, I hope the prayers and well-wishes will influence a gentle crossing of the river."

T.C.,

If it's O.K. with Cris, please e-mail me your address? I've got to make this road trip, North.

Love always,

Ter

It's a pleasure reading your material, Tim.

I'll be in Silicon Valley in 10 days, on to Oroville-Chico-Paradise

area in 3 weeks, back to Quincy July 25 for 7 days -- need anything, drop a note.

...you're not walking alone -- peace friend

David Healy

Edited by David G. Healy

Tim....

It is so hard to really know what to say to express my thoughts an feelings to you. However, I was pleased that you were able to write us such a thought provoking message. I hope that you will be able to draw some strength from us and hopefully some joy as well. You have done some very good research and you have also made a difference....and that does count!! My thoughts and prayers, along with the others will be with you in the upcoming days. If you are able to do so, I hope you will join as and even leave messages again.

Best Regards

Dixie

I am currently reading Talbot's book and will certainly comment when I am able. Attending the Dallas COPA conference in '04, when he was a presenter, he made a point to tell me that he appreciated my assertion that it is too easily assumed that the brothers were on the same page on all matters.

On a personal note, the widow of Peter Benchley (author of Jaws), who died from the disease assaulting me (IPF), was caused by bad scuba air which, at "99' deep, is driven into the lungs at four times the surface level. I wish I had the time to develop and promote a personal device for testing the tank air, especially in some of these fleabag Third World scuba operations.

Such a device makes a world of sense and, given divers' general love of gadgetry, would sell like hot cakes! We could call it a Scuba Quality Unit Air Tester (SQUAT). But on a more personal note even still, after all of the above, my brother died of a heart attack just last night. I kind of thought that the end of my own life was the only big drama left. Just goes to show that it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

post-3567-1179704303_thumb.jpg

To David: I'd love to get together for lunch if possible when you come through the Chico area in a few weeks. I'm not able to use the personal message function on the forum, but I see my e-mail everyday, the address being posted in my profile.

post-3567-1179728206_thumb.jpg

The scuba photo was taken just last year, showing me waving to you all across time and space from a place called Joy. Thank you all so much for your kindness and devotion to our mutual interest. It has really been an honor to have the chance to work on so important an issue with you all. My special thanks to John Simkin for allowing me that chance.

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

I am currently reading Talbot's book and will certainly comment when I am able. Attending the Dallas COPA conference in '04, when he was a presenter, he made a point to tell me that he appreciated my assertion that it is too easily assumed that the brothers were on the same page on all matters.

On a personal note, the widow of Peter Benchley (author of Jaws), who died from the disease assaulting me (IPF), was caused by bad scuba air which, at "99' deep, is driven into the lungs at four times the surface level. I wish I had the time to develop and promote a personal device for testing the tank air, especially in some of these fleabag Third World scuba operations.

Such a device makes a world of sense and, given divers' general love of gadgetry, would sell like hot cakes! We could call it a Scuba Quality Unit Air Tester (SQUAT). But on a more personal note even still, after all of the above, my brother died of a heart attack just last night. I kind of thought that the end of my own life was the only big drama left. Just goes to show that it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Tim

Ohmygod Tim... I'm so sorry.

This is surreal.

Tim

Tim,

It is heart breaking to read this. I just do not understand Stanford in not getting back to you. Perhaps

Chris should call them and see what the hold up is. While I am glad you got Hospice and that you will be comfortable and cared for, I am holding out for a miracle.

The fight re JFK will continue. There are just no words Tim.

love,

Dawn

Tim, I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Of course I'll come visit when I get back to northern California from my tour. You clearly have a lot of people in this forum sending you their best thoughts -- and you can count me as one of them. Please email me at talbotd@salon.com and tell me where you live. We conspiracy freaks have to stick together.

To David: I'd love to get together for lunch if possible when you come through the Chico area in a few weeks. I'm not able to use the personal message function on the forum, but I see my e-mail everyday, the address being posted in my profile.

post-3567-1179728206_thumb.jpg

The scuba photo was taken just last year, showing me waving to you all across time and space from a place called Joy. Thank you all so much for your kindness and devotion to our mutual interest. It has really been an honor to have the chance to work on so important an issue with you all. My special thanks to John Simkin for allowing me that chance.

Tim

T.C., just to let you know, I'm working on making the Eugene trip. Don't worry, I've got a sleeping bag, and love "roughing it." I'll keep you posted. Since I'll have a full week of employment waiting for me at "The Hill," [July 17, 18, 19, 20, 21] that should help to cover it. I'll keep you posted as to the details.

Love always,

Ter

Tim, It is heart breaking to read this. I just do not understand Stanford in not getting back to you. Perhaps

Chris should call them and see what the hold up is. While I am glad you got Hospice and that you will be comfortable and cared for, I am holding out for a miracle. The fight re JFK will continue. There are just no words Tim. love, Dawn

I heard from the head of the transplant team at Stanford a couple of days ago and haven't been able to make sense of what he was saying. He informed me that I have a coronary lesion over the left ventricle which would lessen the chances of a successful outcome from a single lung transplant. Since my family history has had me convinced that there was a coronary element to all of this, and because a lung transplant is one of the most dangerous and extensive surgeries being performed, I countered with the whole shebang: how about a heart/lung transplant? His response was that I am now too ill to withstand that surgery. I have read too many case studies of lung transplant patients who died due to the damage to the heart caused by the lungs to be able to elect a surgery with such poor odds and with new problems being found in my heart.

Tim, I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. Of course I'll come visit when I get back to northern California from my tour. You clearly have a lot of people in this forum sending you their best thoughts -- and you can count me as one of them. Please email me at talbotd@salon.com and tell me where you live. We conspiracy freaks have to stick together.

David, I will definitely send you my e-mail address and would welcome a visit. My daughter and granddaughter live just minutes from SF, in Alameda, and I hate to think that I've seen SF for the last time, so perhaps we could get together for lunch without you having to drive the three hours to Chico. I enjoyed our exchange at the Adolphus Hotel at the '04 seminar, when I cited Allard Lowenstein as a counterpoint to Jeff Morley's assertion about RFK's relationship with the NY liberals, and discussed with you the seldom considered notion that Bobby and Jack weren't necessarily working off the same page.

By the way, I enjoyed your article in Salon about Chris Matthews. He was obviously livid and treated you very badly on his own program which had you debating Bugliosi. Between Matthews' animosity and Bugliosi's prosecutor-on-meth behavior, you were hardly allowed to speak.

T.C., just to let you know, I'm working on making the Eugene trip. Don't worry, I've got a sleeping bag, and love "roughing it." I'll keep you posted. Since I'll have a full week of employment waiting for me at "The Hill," [July 17, 18, 19, 20, 21] that should help to cover it. I'll keep you posted as to the details. Love always, Ter

Ter: mi casa es su casa. If I'm actually able to make the Oregon trip during the first week of July, I will certainly be home for those dates. I have to work on my caregivers to prescribe a bit of an upper for such special occasions so that I can be at my best for an hour or two (which is pretty much the limit).

Thank you all for your kind wishes and expressions of sympathy.

Edited by Tim Carroll

Dear Tim,

Although we've never met, I think of you and feel you as a member of my extended family.

We tilt at the same windmills.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. Hasten the day when all of us can gather in that sweetest of symbioses: victory and forgiveness.

Warmest regards,

Charles Drago

Tim, It is heart breaking to read this. I just do not understand Stanford in not getting back to you. Perhaps

Chris should call them and see what the hold up is. While I am glad you got Hospice and that you will be comfortable and cared for, I am holding out for a miracle. The fight re JFK will continue. There are just no words Tim. love, Dawn

I heard from the head of the transplant team at Stanford a couple of days ago and haven't been able to make sense of what he was saying. He informed me that I have a coronary lesion over the left ventricle which would lessen the chances of a successful outcome from a single lung transplant. Since my family history has had me convinced that there was a coronary element to all of this, and because a lung transplant is one of the most dangerous and extensive surgeries being performed, I countered with the whole shebang: how about a heart/lung transplant? His response was that I am now too ill to withstand that surgery. I have read too many case studies of lung transplant patients who died due to the damage to the heart caused by the lungs to be able to elect a surgery with such poor odds and with new problems being found in my heart.

David, I will definitely send you my e-mail address and would welcome a visit. My daughter and granddaughter live just minutes from SF, in Alameda, and I hate to think that I've seen SF for the last time, so perhaps we could get together for lunch without you having to drive the three hours to Chico. I enjoyed our exchange at the Adolphus Hotel at the '04 seminar, when I cited Allard Lowenstein as a counterpoint to Jeff Morley's assertion about RFK's relationship with the NY liberals, and discussed with you the seldom considered notion that Bobby and Jack weren't necessarily working off the same page.

By the way, I enjoyed your article in Salon about Chris Matthews. He was obviously livid and treated you very badly on his own program which had you debating Bugliosi. Between Matthews' animosity and Bugliosi's prosecutor-on-meth behavior, you were hardly allowed to speak.

T.C., just to let you know, I'm working on making the Eugene trip. Don't worry, I've got a sleeping bag, and love "roughing it." I'll keep you posted. Since I'll have a full week of employment waiting for me at "The Hill," [July 17, 18, 19, 20, 21] that should help to cover it. I'll keep you posted as to the details. Love always, Ter

Ter: mi casa es su casa. If I'm actually able to make the Oregon trip during the first week of July, I will certainly be home for those dates. I have to work on my caregivers to prescribe a bit of an upper for such special occasions so that I can be at my best for an hour or two (which is pretty much the limit).

Thank you all for your kind wishes and expressions of sympathy.

Tim,

Your strength of character and the grace you continue to exhibit while dealing with this problem is inspirational.

Thank you for continuing on your chosen path.