The Education Forum

Tim Carroll

I have debated about putting this on the forum, but things are so dire that I feel the need to post this information. I'm bad at the medical terminology, but bottom line is he needs a double lung and heart transplant NOW. Not a smoker, so no one knows how this happened. But he is quickly on the decline. Terry and I talk with him on the weekends,(via my three-way) and I check in sometimes during the week.

It's just heartbreaking; he's 50.

Sadly,

Dawn

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very saddened to hear this. Tim was always very responsive to questions I had concerning the assassination in the last few years. He also has a good sense of humour, I remember a video that he posted of Bush's speeches edited into his own endition of John Lennon's imagine. I am glad that I got to know Tm, even partially, through the forum. Although most of us have never met, I do feel as if I know some peoples personal character traits and feel as if I know them personally.

Give Tim my best Dawn. Thanks for posting this, it was definitely worth doing. Please let Tim know that we have been responding to this and that we wish him the best.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

All the best,

John

I'm very saddened to hear this. Tim was always very responsive to questions I had concerning the assassination in the last few years. He also has a good sense of humour, I remember a video that he posted of Bush's speeches edited into his own endition of John Lennon's imagine. I am glad that I got to know Tm, even partially, through the forum. Although most of us have never met, I do feel as if I know some peoples personal character traits and feel as if I know them personally.

Give Tim my best Dawn. Thanks for posting this, it was definitely worth doing. Please let Tim know that we have been responding to this and that we wish him the best.

All the best,

John

If by some miracle Stanford: 1. takes his case, 2. agrees to not just one lung but two and a heart (his is 80% blocked) I will up date this. Of course.....people die waiting for this sort of thing. And Tim seems resigned to this.

He really wanted to update Carl's Yankee/Cowboy but ....

We have to treasure every day of life, because it can be gone in an instant.

Dawn

All the best,

John

If by some miracle Stanford: 1. takes his case, 2. agrees to not just one lung but two and a heart (his is 80% blocked) I will up date this. Of course.....people die waiting for this sort of thing. And Tim seems resigned to this.

He really wanted to update Carl's Yankee/Cowboy but ....

We have to treasure every day of life, because it can be gone in an instant.

Dawn

Thank you for the updates Dawn. My best wishes to Tim. I want him to update Carl's book too (it actually jibes nicely with some distinctions Peter Dale Scott makes in his book, so I was thinking about it today).

I have debated about putting this on the forum, but things are so dire that I feel the need to post this information. I'm bad at the medical terminology, but bottom line is he needs a double lung and heart transplant NOW. Not a smoker, so no one knows how this happened. But he is quickly on the decline. Terry and I talk with him on the weekends,(via my three-way) and I check in sometimes during the week.

Sadly,

Dawn

Tim and I have been forum compadres for several years, and although I've never met him face to face, I've not only considered him an investigative associate but a friend. I am completely shocked and saddened by this news. My best wishes Tim.

RJS

Tim, if you're reading, I wish you the best. It might seem meaningless at this point, but I assure you we will make some progress so that future generations will not be burdened with more "Oswald did it" lies.

Dawn, Thankyou for posting this. I am very sad to hear of Tim's situation and I hope he pulls through. Tim is a very intelligent man and was always keen to answer my questions on jfk when I was an active member of the forum. Please wish him all the best for me

I'd like to echo what everyone else has said. I'm very sorry to hear this and hope there is some way he can pull through. Please send him best wishes from myself - even though I do not know him except through this forum, I always enjoyed reading his posts and getting his take on things.

Sadly,

Dawn

Dawnie, both you and T.C. already know how helpless I feel in this situation, except for being able to interpret his diagnosis and the medical jargon surrounding his present condition. I'm the one who ends up crying on our phone calls, each and every time. It's tough to maintain the clinical stance of pure logic and separation needed in dealing with decisions in a case like this, especially when it's someone you've come to know and care about. T.C. has always been supportive and a damned good teacher to me, who's been a great friend and mentor, as well.

This weekend I updated my advanced directives to include that should something happen to me, an auto ac, stroke, gunshot wound to the head, etc. that my heart and lungs, if in good condition, be donated to T.C., seeing as we've got the same blood type, and all. I told Jeff, and Marcella this, last night just in case. Hell, you never know these days. Anything could happen to just about anyone.

Edited by Terry Mauro

I have debated about putting this on the forum, but

Sadly,

Dawn

Modern medicine can work miracles, and Tim is a born fighter. There is always hope, and our hopes are with you, Tim.

I am terribly saddened that only at important times such as this do I become at a complete loss for words.

Tim, the prayers and well wishes of my entire family will include you. Hope can be a marvelous thing, and when combined with sincere prayer "it can create the possible"!

Charles Black