The Education Forum

Zapruder 1967 at the pedestal

Guest Duncan MacRae

Guest Duncan MacRae

Well, it finally arrived, at a cost of $31 thanks Bernice..lol. I still have to watch the 3rd and 4th parts of the documentary, but there's no sign of a full length Zapruder from head to to as intimated by Gary in his email to me below....so far. I've uploaded the clip to Youtube..quality is poor.

Duncan,

Zapruder Interview 1967

The only full-length picture of Zapruder I have seen appears in the 1967 4-part documentary "CBS Inquiry: The Warren Report." He appeared briefly with Eddie Barker standing next to the pedestal from where he shot his film. When I looked at a tape of the program a few years ago, I measured his height at about 5-10 or 5-11, which is what I was also told by his daughter.

Gary

Well, it finally arrived, at a cost of $31 thanks Bernice..lol. I still have to watch the 3rd and 4th parts of the documentary, but there's no sign of a full length Zapruder from head to to as intimated by Gary in his email to me below....so far. I've uploaded the clip to Youtube..quality is poor.

Duncan,

Zapruder Interview 1967

The only full-length picture of Zapruder I have seen appears in the 1967 4-part documentary "CBS Inquiry: The Warren Report." He appeared briefly with Eddie Barker standing next to the pedestal from where he shot his film. When I looked at a tape of the program a few years ago, I measured his height at about 5-10 or 5-11, which is what I was also told by his daughter.

Gary

Duncan...Is there a frame that is not LOOKING UPWARD...maybe a full length long shot?

I was told by a reliable source that there is such.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Duncan,

Zapruder Interview 1967

Gary

Duncan,

I know of no full length photo of Zapruder off hand, but immediately after the assassination - Arthur Rickerby took a photo of Zapruder and the Hester's inside the shelter. That lightened photo can be found on about 81 of Trask book "National Nightmare". While I can truly see it is Zapruder in Trask book ... some say the reproduction is still a little unclear to them, but those who have seen the actual print that Trask used have said that Zapruder is more recognizable.

Bill

Hi Duncan.....

Glad you have received the DVDs, they get much more interesting, as you hear, what changed,

especially when you check the statements, against the some who are featured made earlier..

and what they had added to their recall....

Also see and hearing Rather and Cronkite at work....doing their thing..

Have another look.....when I look at the DVD, where it shows Zapruder, it appears,

that the pedestal, is at approx his waist..or just below...that is approximately 4 feet high...

He is also considerabley shorter than Eddie Barker of CBS news ..1/2 a head it would

seem, in there...

B...... :ice

Duncan,

I know of no full length photo of Zapruder off hand, but immediately after the assassination - Arthur Rickerby took a photo of Zapruder and the Hester's inside the shelter. That lightened photo can be found on about 81 of Trask book "National Nightmare". While I can truly see it is Zapruder in Trask book ... some say the reproduction is still a little unclear to them, but those who have seen the actual print that Trask used have said that Zapruder is more recognizable.

Bill

Bill

I don't think the Rickerby photo showing Zapruder would stand up in any court as a proof positive I.D.

Duncan

Hi Duncan.

I have that Documentry on DVD which Denis Morissette was kind enough to send me.

It only shows zapruder next to the pedestal from the waist up.