The Education Forum

The Education Forum's Future

yes, excellent. Please let us know what you need in terms of financial support.

Joel Gruhn

As it is now a 'Community Based Forum', details are being worked out about The Education Forums future format. A way to support the forum financially will be available. There is no hierarchy based on degree of contribution. Members are encourged to continue to use the many varied sub-forums to The Education Forum, for example the jfk sub-forum. A formal statement is being formulated and will in good time be made available.

The most important first step has been achieved, that is : to preserve The Education Forums continuity.

stay tuned...

So glad you found a way to preserve this forum. Best wishes always. The truth will out, eventually.

Steve

Another thing that we who are using the forum can do, in addition to making donations when that option becomes available, is to keep in mind how hard those behind the scenes have worked to keep the forum alive, and, no matter how miffed we may feel, to remain cordial and respectful of each other. And I include myself -- I will do my best to keep my sarcasm at bay! ;-0

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow members have been aware that there has been the possibility that the Education Forum – and by implication the JFK Assassination Debate forum - might disappear for good. Like many fellow members, a group of us were dismayed by such a thought. The Education Forum, in its entirety, has a rich history and has been a positive resource in the lives of all of us. The inspiration and work that went into building this forum is something we felt obliged see continued.

On Monday the ownership of the entire forum was transferred to our group. We have the necessary funds to guarantee it’s continued existence for the foreseeable future. The history, development and inspiration that led to this forum being created is something that merits being permanently secured.

Taking the forum forward and guaranteeing it such a permanent future will require further thinking in the coming weeks.

However, for now, we would like to state that the Education Forum – and this particular forum – is presently secure and sound.

James Gordon

Very good news. To you and your associates, James, my congratulations. This is a worthy cause.

DSL

8/2/14; 2:10 AM PDT

Los Angeles, California

I no longer want to be part of the founding team. This is not out of animosity. It is a natural progression. I always just want to be part of this forum as an ordinary member. As such I can post what I like.

The forum must go through some changes.

There are a lot of redundant topics and topic types that suited a purpose at the time. Some clearly need to be set aside. I think they should be set aside as an archive that the first 100 donators recieve a free dvd copy of. Then when it's 'out there' those portions are deleted from an online archive, thus slimming down the forum, allowing more resources available for live topics, present and future.

I think the forum should take on a more academic look by utilising classical disciplines like for example the listing of such in wikipedia that transcend national boundaries and allow topics on such varied subjects as feminism, unionism, engineering, divinity, psychology, philosophy, mathematicas, compter science, et.c. et.c. which allows a jfk focused mainstream and is relevant to people interested in soil management. The two need not meet but the essence of Andy and Johns forum as a place that allows diversity may continue.

I think members should be encouraged to be more active in shaping the kind of forum they want to see. Apart from commenting and bringing ideas to the table members can bring particular topics of interest to them alive again if only momentarily and then all topics older than say three years are archived, after some time topics not referred to or visited, according to logs, are saved on dvd again and then deleted. Gradually the forum will go through a transparent transformation to more in line with what people interested in education are likely to participate in. There is something unique about this forum. I'm not sure exactly what/why/how that is. I'd like to see that particular uniqueness preserved.

Litigation...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Uh? What's that? Oh. ...Groan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6GkpsRiM_U

As an ordinary member:

"There are a lot of redundant topics and topic types that suited a purpose at the time. Some clearly need to be set aside. I think they should be set aside as an archive that the first 100 donators recieve a free dvd copy of. Then when it's 'out there' those portions are deleted from an online archive, thus slimming down the forum, allowing more resources available for live topics, present and future.

An alternative to accomplish the saving of the forums history: As topics move to being archived and later deleted: The portions are shifted to an offsite download repository that members can go to and download the latest in the form of a pdf, zip or iso, available for a period and the download site used this way till the 'transformation' is complete. There should be no person deciding for others what is of interest or not.

I think the forum should take on a more academic look by utilising classical disciplines like for example the listing of such in wikipedia that transcend national boundaries and allow topics on such varied subjects as feminism, unionism, engineering, divinity, psychology, philosophy, mathematicas, compter science, et.c. et.c. which allows a jfk focused mainstream and is relevant to people interested in soil management. The two need not meet but the essence of Andy and Johns forum as a place that allows diversity may continue.

List of academic disciplines and sub-disciplines :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_academic_disciplines

with A discipline usually has several sub-disciplines or branches. Discipline = Forum Main Topics. Sub-disciplines = Sub-Topics.

Members can always ask to have other forums, sub-forums added.

I think members should be encouraged to be more active in shaping the kind of forum they want to see. Apart from commenting and bringing ideas to the table members can bring particular topics of interest to them alive again if only momentarily and then all topics older than say three years are archived, after some time topics not referred to or visited, according to logs, are saved on dvd again and then deleted. Gradually the forum will go through a transparent transformation to more in line with what people interested in education are likely to participate in. There is something unique about this forum. I'm not sure exactly what/why/how that is. I'd like to see that particular uniqueness preserved.

Possibly the great thing about this forum is diversity in all things. Perhaps this uniqueness among so many forums is the reason for its uniqueness and has been so because of Andy and Johns committment to such. I want to see that continue."

edit edit

Edited by John Dolva