The Education Forum

JFK ordered a complete withdrawal from Vietnam in 1963

Because Taylor, Rostow, McNamara, Rusk and Bundy wanted to escalate the war Mr. Kennedy and Senator Mansfield are the two that saw things differently. I'm telling you Jim, and I hope that what I'm about to tell you, you'll allow it to sink in, digest it, research it, read about it, swallow it, absorb it, and take it in. Mr. Mansfield is the ONLY person whose report was considered by Kennedy to pull out of Vietnam.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIne, no comment. We disagree.

Is that what this is to you a matter of agreeing, so, if I just agree with everything you say would that make us best friends?

Jim, I think you're truly overlooking the what's really important here, I would agree with you if you were correct, that's what agreeing is about, but this isn't about who should agree with who, but rather who's right and who's wrong. No worries, mums the word Jim, I won't tell anyone you're wrong. Not me Jim!

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Good try Roy.

Scott - how do you know that Galbraith never went to Vietnam?

Yeah, good try Roy. To answer your question Paul, I have the minute meetings with Kennedy, and nowhere in it does he mention Galbraith, now, if Galbraith and McNamara agreed with the way they saw things about Vietnam, ask yourself this, why then did Kennedy "choose" and elect Mansfield to go to Vietnam, and "report" back to Kennedy?. It was because of Mansfield's report that the Kennedy administration started months of culmination in their planning efforts of getting the Diem brother's out of Vietnam. I can provide those minutes, can Jim, David Kaiser or even the Pope provide any minutes that proves Kennedy asked Galbraith to go to Vietnam in place of Mansfield? Surely, Kennedy wouldn't need a second opinion.

This is exactly what I mean when I say, I will call out BS. Eight years later, and I'm still waiting on someone to challenge my information without opinions and theories, most folks won't simply because they disagree, ask me if I care?

Edited by Scott Kaiser

In the very beginning of this thread, I believe I was respectful, truthful and I provided the information to back it up. I said, Jim, this is "partially true." Then, I explained myself, no one here believed me when I posted Mansfield as the person Kennedy elected to send to Vietnam and report back, this whole thread had to turn into one big hoopla because of a few books and no proof. Then, Jim had to continue arguing with me about who went. If I wanted to, I could have really dragged this out only to embarrass him, but, I didn't. I immediately gave him my information, however, that still didn't stop him from continuing on, perhaps, he likes to get punished? I don't know?

:news

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Another thread fatally infected by the musings of the disinformed.

Greg, your ally BS doesn't work with me. I don't play favorites, you were so eager to put up your sight after a question was asked by some woman who wondered why you didn't have this information, I'm sure her question had something to do with your ego. Lets make a wager, is $5,000 a little too much for you? Someone I'm sure would be happy to hold both our monies. Why don't you prove to me where Galbraith was asked by Kennedy without quoting some book, and I'll provide you the minutes, before doing so lets get the approval of any monitor of this sight to wire the money in their account. Time to put your money where your mouth is. Either put up, or shut up, you sir have no dog in this fight.

Edited by Scott Kaiser