The Education Forum

Q & A with James Files & Pamela Ray

Pamela Ray

Next Saturday, November 22, 2008, the 45th anniversary of the JFK assassination, I will be conducting a phone interview with the grassy knoll shooter James E. Files. My interview will be about 30 minutes long and if anyone wants to ask him a question, you can leave it here on this post.

Please keep the questions civil, honest and to the point. James Files’ health is failing and this might be one of the last opportunities to ask him a question.

The areas where new information has opened up since we published To Kill A Country and Interview with History: The JFK Assassination include:

Air Force Maj. Gen. Ed Lansdale talking with James Files behind picket fence just prior to JFK motorcade arriving in Dealey Plaza – what they discussed and why

More CIA/Military involvement in the assassination planning and cover-up

J.D. Tippit’s killer –information on his life and criminal career with James Files

Luis Posada Carriles and other Cubans involved in assassination plot

Chauncey Holt interview with James Files comments

More info at our website http://jfkmurderjamesfiles.weebly.com/

Edited by John Simkin

The new Discovery Channel show, which uses some of Don Robidaux's data, posits that there is no place to make a clear shot from the Grassy Knoll. How does James Files say he managed to do this?

Next Saturday, November 22, 2008, the 45th anniversary of the JFK assassination, I will be conducting a phone interview with the grassy knoll shooter James E. Files. My interview will be about 30 minutes long and if anyone wants to ask him a question, you can leave it here on this post.

Who was his commander in Laos?

While at Fort Bragg, what special training or lessons did he receive prior to deploying to Laos?

When he left Fort Bragg for Laos in the summer of 1959, what was the mission's operational code name?

When did he redeploy back to the States from Laos?

Why does this interview need to take place on november 22, 2008?

Why not give us the answers straight away?

Here's a few questions:

What was your exact role in the assassination of Orlando Letelier? From which parties did you get your instructions?

Can you elaborate on this fragment of a letter that Pamela Ray published:

Back to the other point that I want to clear up. Bob Vernon had all of my papers, including the original manuscript and my notes for To Kill A Country, and he gave them to at that time, warden Godinez who is now the D.D. for the D.O.C. And in writing, I had it plainly stated the Orlando Letelier was killed by a bomb, that had the explosives transported by me, to Buckley, and Michael Townley put the bomb in his car, a Chevy Nova, if my memory is correct and the car exploded in front of the Chilean Embassy on Sheridan Circle, better known as Embassy Row. The explosives came from the Falcondo Mining Co. and they were 60 per-cent strength dynamite, that is referred to as engineering explosives

Wim

The new Discovery Channel show, which uses some of Don Robidaux's data, posits that there is no place to make a clear shot from the Grassy Knoll. How does James Files say he managed to do this?

Well, Pamela, have you ever been in Dealey Plaza to verify that statement? You might as well ask him: The Warren Commission said that Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK alone and that one of his three bullets made 7 wounds in JFK and Connally. So why should we believe you?

Wim

Well, Pamela, have you ever been in Dealey Plaza to verify that statement?

I can't speak for Pam, or for James Files, but I've been to Dealey Plaza, and I found what I thought was a "clear shot" from behind the fence in a couple of places. But I can't compete with the Discovery Channel, ABC News, etc., who assemble "experts," for broadcasts every November, to confirm Oswald did it.

I'd be willing to bet that if the Discovery Channel wanted the experts to confirm that someone did it from the grassy knoll, or from a sewer drain, or from the front seat of the limo, or from the Queen Mary, they could confirm that too. But none of those is the official story that must be confirmed.

Please keep the questions civil, honest and to the point. James Files’ health is failing and this might be one of the last opportunities to ask him a question.

The areas where new information has opened up since we published To Kill A Country and Interview with History: The JFK Assassination include:

Air Force Maj. Gen. Ed Lansdale talking with James Files behind picket fence just prior to JFK motorcade arriving in Dealey Plaza – what they discussed and why

J.D. Tippit’s killer –information on his life and criminal career with James Files

Luis Posada Carilles and other Cubans involved in assassination plot

Pamela,

Thanks for the question. One of the first questions I asked James Files back in 1999 was where were you located? I sent him a picture of Dealey Plaza and asked if he could indicate where he was positioned at the time of the shooting. This is what he sent back.

...Sorry but I'm having problems with uploading the image because it is too large and my scanner is not working for some strange reason. When I can reduce the image and the scanner is working again I'll try and post it.

Basically the X in the picture James Files made is located approximately 30 feet from the corner of the picket fence located at the top of the stairs on the grassy knoll. Remember, the trees were smaller back in 1963 and he used one for cover. I hope that helps.

Pamela

Can you ask Jimmy if this could be him at his true location behind the fence.

This is a blown up enhancement from the Mary Moorman polaroid which appears to show someone in firing position with a short ( Remington Fireball? ) barrel showing over the top of the fence.

jfa1.png

Thanks

Duncan MacRae

Duncan,

The Mary Moorman photo is the first picture I sent James Files and he said the picture did NOT include the area he was located at the time he fired the shot. He made an arrow on this photo and said it was a little further down the fence than what was shown in the Moorman pic. I hope that helps and thanks for the question.

I'm trying to fix my scanner right now and I will send the image ASAP where he marked an X on the fence. See my reply to Pamela.

Pamela

Oh well, now we know why Bruce said this:

Further, Jimmy regrets this all, as his comment is that

she is out of control. She refuses to listen to Jimmy, and Jimmy now realizes

that he told her too much in the past. Even worse, she quotes everything wrong, out of context, or

just exaggerates to make herself look better.

Jim Marrs and I showed the Moorman picture to James Files during the 2003 interview. It's on film and this is what he said.

W - You’ve got the Moorman picture there? Or do you want to get that later?

J – No. Let’s look at this right here (putting Moorman picture before James Files). Is that the tree you were talking about?

JF - Yep, you can see the branches from back over here coming right down over the wall.

W – And that’s the vicinity where you were standing?

JF – Right there!

W – In this picture there is a uuh .. an object visible if you blow it up. Right here next to that tree. And if you blow it up it looks … it may look like a hat, or a fedora.

J – Do you remember which side of the tree you were on? Was it to your left or your right?

JF – (Thinking) I could be mistaken, I believe … no, the tree was to my right. It had to be to my right. The tree was to my right because I didn’t want to have the tree in the way to my left. ….. And you can’t see the sign here, but the sign is right on down here.

W – Yes, the sign is here … This is the blowup. This is sky and this is sky and this is the shape. Yeah …. Do you see a hat in there?

JF – Do I see what?

W – A hat.

JF – Not to me! You’re asking the wrong man. I’ve got a hard time seeing with these glasses, believe me.

Who was his commander in Laos?

While at Fort Bragg, what special training or lessons did he receive prior to deploying to Laos?

When he left Fort Bragg for Laos in the summer of 1959, what was the mission's operational code name?

When did he redeploy back to the States from Laos?

Richard,

Thank you for the civility. I know some of these answers already but I will run them by James Files next Saturday. Thanks for the questions.

Pamela

Luis Posada Carriles and other Cubans involved in assassination plot

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Datum: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 13:00:51 -1000

> Von: "Pamela Ray" <pamela11@flex.com>

> An: "Christoph Messner" <Christoph.Hans.Messner@gmx.de>

> Betreff: Questions for James Files

> Hi Christoph,

>

> I'm doing a phone interview with James Files next weekend. Please go to

> the

> Education Forum and post any questions you have for him. Also, please let

> anyone you know that is interested in the subject know about the up

> coming

> interview and to post questions there as well.

> http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=126

>

> Thank you.

> Pamela

OK, I will do so!

Please don't forget to tape that interview with maximum quality!

C

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Datum: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 13:00:51 -1000

> Von: "Pamela Ray" <pamela11@flex.com>

> An: "Christoph Messner" <Christoph.Hans.Messner@gmx.de>

> Betreff: Questions for James Files

Great that you are doing this!

The registration on educationforum does not work, so I will post the questions directly to you.

Duncan,

The Mary Moorman photo is the first picture I sent James Files and he said the picture did NOT include the area he was located at the time he fired the shot. He made an arrow on this photo and said it was a little further down the fence than what was shown in the Moorman pic. I hope that helps and thanks for the question.

I'm trying to fix my scanner right now and I will send the image ASAP where he marked an X on the fence. See my reply to Pamela.

Pamela

Your reply to Pamela

"Basically the X in the picture James Files made is located approximately 30 feet from the corner of the picket fence located at the top of the stairs on the grassy knoll. Remember, the trees were smaller back in 1963 and he used one for cover. I hope that helps"

End of qoute

Thanks for the reply Pamela.

The Moorman photo you sent Jimmy must have been a cropped version. The version which I used was the full uncropped version.

The spot where I have located this shooter is at approximately, wait for it.... 30 to 33 ft from the corner of the picket fence located at the top of the stairs on the grassy knoll, exactly where you say Jimmy said he was located. This measurement was given to me by Gary Mack a few years ago and is accurate.

1a1.png

shooter.gif

Duncan MacRae

Duncan,

My scanner is still not working. Very frustrating but I looked up the Moorman picture in my first notebook of letters I sent Jimmy and yes, it was a cropped version of the picture you first posted. That is why he could not pinpoint the spot at that time.

The second picture I sent was the "Bond slide 4" reaction of bystanders to shooting. In the foreground there is a police officer running towards the knoll, several witnesses, Mary Moorman and Jean Hill, hitting the deck and a clear view of the fence line starting at Zapruder's position up to the triple underpass. This is the photo where he put an X approximately 30 feet in from the corner.

The image you posted here sure looks like the early version of the Remington Fireball coming over the picket fence.

Pamela

P.S. The cropped Moorman photo was cut off by the person standing on the stairs on the grassy knoll closest to Elm Street. Part of this man's body is in the picture but the right arm and leg are not in this version of the photo I showed Files for comment in 1999.

May 25, 1999 James Files to Pamela Ray:

The picture they show of someone behind the fence is so fuzzy; I can't tell if it's a man or a shadow. So I can't really say if it's a picture of me or not. And who believes me besides you? A lot of people. I've had several offers to do books, (this is over one year before he asked me if I would write To Kill A Country with him September 6, 2000), interviews, etc, etc, but I'm not really interested in any of that. I told them to keep their money.

You may find this hard to believe, but I've read very little about the assassination. I know that those who have wrote about it don't know squat about what they're writing about. Everyone has their own idea and that is fine. But they are only guessing and trying to put together a story that will sell, so they can make a few bucks. I take it you've read a great deal about the assassination so maybe you can answer these questions for me. O.K....

Have you ever read in any of the books and ran across some of these names? And these are only a few. Such as Twombly or Kendal. How 'bout Chauncey Holt? How about Pete Licavoli or his ranch in Arizona called Grace Ranch? Maybe you've heard of Leo Morceri, he was a friend of Nicoletti's and mine. There's many more questions that I could ask you, but I won't trouble you with them. Someday, maybe I'll finish telling the rest of the story. I just don't want to harm anyone and give them major problems. I think you can understand that.

I'm enclosing a few things you might find interesting. A photo of the shell casing that I spoke of and a copy of the agreement Bob Vernon and Oliver Stone tried to get me to sign when Stone was here making the movie "Natural Born Killers." I met with Stone at least four times, he kept trying to get me to sign and let him put me on film. I told him NO WAY with a few extra words added. Ha-ha...I just didn't like Stone. I'm also enclosing in a separate envelope a letter just declassified about a year ago from the NSA. You might find it interesting also. Certain people thought I wrote it some years ago.

(Letter includes transmissions about NSA getting warnings about the up coming assassination of President Kennedy)

Edited by Pamela Ray