The Education Forum

A Question For Jon G. Tidd

Tommy,

You ask who I think killed JFK.

I'll be more explicit. Some party planned skillfully JFK's murder. Such a party had to be trained and skillful at killing public leaders. Such a party had to understand LBJ. Such a party had to understand the CIA and the FBI.

Take your choice, Tommy. It's a choice, a multiple choice question. Who are the candidates? Please be inclusive. Who did the deed?

Mr. Jon G. Tidd,

Is this an interrogation?

--or--

Are you playing "Socratic professor" here, trying to draw out the correct answers from your "students"?

--or--

Or are you just hoping that we will provide you with good "leads" and / or "the answers"?

--Tommy :sun

PS Why are you here? Never mind. Redacted.

bumped

bumped again

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy,

I was simply trying to entice you to tell me who you think are candidates.

Here's my list of candidates, in no particular order:

-- Bundy, McGeorge. At the center of power. A WWII intelligence background. Fierce hawk on Viet Nam. Graduated #1 from Yale in math. Youngest Dean of Harvard College. Descended from the American power structure. Skull & Bones. Smartest man ever, I think David Halberstam said.

End of list. Why end of list? Because Bundy had the means, motive, and opportunity to orchestrate both the hit and the cover-up. And he would have done so for an un-emotional, intellectual reason. Relying on LBJ's and Hoover's corruptness. Knowing the CIA was snookered.

There were many beneficiaries of JFK's death. That makes the death difficult to investigate.

To pull off the whole deal, that took a puppet master. McGeorge Bundy was the best puppet master ever.

Tommy,

I was simply trying to entice you to tell me who you think are candidates.

Here's my list of candidates, in no particular order:

-- Bundy, McGeorge. At the center of power. A WWII intelligence background. Fierce hawk on Viet Nam. Graduated #1 from Yale in math. Youngest Dean of Harvard College. Descended from the American power structure. Skull & Bones. Smartest man ever, I think David Halberstam said.

End of list. Why end of list? Because Bundy had the means, motive, and opportunity to orchestrate both the hit and the cover-up. And he would have done so for an un-emotional, intellectual reason. Relying on LBJ's and Hoover's corruptness. Knowing the CIA was snookered.

There were many beneficiaries of JFK's death. That makes the death difficult to investigate.

To pull off the whole deal, that took a puppet master. McGeorge Bundy was the best puppet master ever.

Jon,

Okay.

Thanks for sharing.

Why would Bundy have wanted JFK dead?

The Vietnam War?

Anything else?

How was the CIA snookered?

Going from memory here, but hadn't Bundy orchestrated Diem's execution just three weeks earlier?

By George, I think you might be on to something...

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy,

You ask why McGeorge Bundy would have wanted JFK dead.

I think you need to understand 1963. JFK, not an intellectual. was leaning one way.

McBundy, who JFK hired from Harvard, was leaning in another way.

Jon,

Interesting.

How was the CIA snookered, and how did Bundy / McBundy / "Big Mac" know that or arrange that?

(Maybe I already know the answers and I'm just testing you.)

"Big Mac" was an even better puppet master than Angleton? Jesus!

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy,

You ask why McGeorge Bundy would have wanted JFK dead.

I think you need to understand 1963. JFK, not an intellectual. was leaning one way.

McBundy, who JFK hired from Harvard, was leaning in another way.

The problem with naming Bundy (and this applies to many other candidates named over the years) is how you connect the dots from Bundy to Oswald. It may be possible to do, but it HAS to be demonstrated.

Tommy,

For sure, the CIA was snookered by the framing of Oswald. The CIA had been tracking him.

Bundy was a very smart guy. He understood the whole panoply of the U.S. Government.

Tommy, he was smarter than anyone else in the government.

Jon,

How was Oswald framed? Please be all-inclusive.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy,

For sure, the CIA was snookered by the framing of Oswald. The CIA had been tracking him.

Bundy was a very smart guy. He understood the whole panoply of the U.S. Government.

Tommy, he was smarter than anyone else in the government.

Jon,

You know agree with Bundy being in the right direction - and while he could get things done I have a hard time connecting his leadership to Bethesda.

Getting the Military leadership to initiate Bethesda's cover-up work required imo someone even more influential than Bundy.. We can look at this as pure opportunist reactions to an impending not so secret secret.

JFK had stuck himself into everyone's side with an ice-pick. There were few if any in the administration who bothered to even listen to him anymore. What Lodge did in Vietnam was basically treason against JFK.

It remains my opinion supported I believe by the Evidence that it was a Military operation thru and thru with CI and propganda handled by the CIA. The FBI imo was cornered into framing Oswald or be implicated themselves.

My estimate is that over 90% of those touching the assassination had military and/or Military intelligence backgrounds.

Bundy, like the CIA is fairly easy to point to - which in my book means he was part of the facade, the implementation of the aftermath, not the actual planning of the removal of a president.

DJ

How was Oswald framed?

I imagine framing Oswald was simple but complex. Simple because of his history. Complex because someone had to link him to JFK's murder. I believe the link was made by [1] implicating Oswald, easily, and [2] creating a trail the FBI could follow.

How was Oswald framed?

I imagine framing Oswald was simple but complex. Simple because of his history. Complex because someone had to link him to JFK's murder. I believe the link was made by [1] implicating Oswald, easily, and [2] creating a trail the FBI could follow.

Can you show the dots between Oswald and Bundy? Can you even suggest how Bundy might know about Oswald to even think about framing him?

Greg,

Imagine you are Bundy. You know everything. Literally.

Yes, but how about laterally?

Perhaps Angleton would have been better at that.

Do you think "Big Mac" even knew everything that was going on in CIA's Counter Intelligence / Special Investigations Group (CI/SIG) , the group that spied on the CIA's own spies?

If so, did Angleton know that Bundy / McBundy / "Big Mac" knew everything? Was "Big Mac" spying on the SIG?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Jon - with all respect: How does Bundy arrange assassination teams, Oswald impersonations, etc? Activities which fall under the métier of an intelligence agency.

Can Bundy be the senior man here, with Harriman and Lodge subverting JFK in Vietnam? (Can Harriman and Lodge even be the senior men here?) Who profited more than Bundy, career-wise or financially?

I have never had a problem with Bundy as a co-conspirator, but as a principal, I balk.

Edited by David Andrews