The Education Forum

Kennedy Videos

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi David,

I'm genuinely curious but how have you been able to acquire such a great collection of videos and radio clips? It's quite impressive. Also, are you ever willing to share the original MP4 files with other researchers so they can use them to produce educational videos about the case?

The obvious questions, in view of “Nighthawk One’s” departure without President Kennedy’s body onboard, are: (1) Who changed the plan? How did this happen? and (2) How did JFK’s body get to Bethesda Naval Hospital, if “Nighthawk One” did not take it there?

The original plan was, indeed, to transport JFK's casket to Bethesda via helicopter, as we can hear on the Air Force One tapes (below). But the plan was changed prior to AF1 landing at Andrews, due (no doubt) to the fact that somebody realized the difficulty there would be if they tried to jam JFK's very heavy and cumbersome casket onto a helicopter. So an ambulance/hearse was used instead.

There's certainly nothing conspiratorial or sinister about that change in plans whatsoever. In fact, it was a very sensible and prudent change that almost certainly had to be made.

And the answer to the #2 question above is quite simple --- President Kennedy's body got to Bethesda by way of the gray Navy ambulance. Millions of people watching television saw the casket being placed into that ambulance. (Why was that second question even asked?) ~shrug~

Casket%2BComes%2BOff%2BAF1%2BNov.%2B22%2

Below are excerpts from the AF1 radio transmissions concerning the "chopper" and the later realization by members of the Kennedy party aboard Air Force One that ground transportation would be needed to replace the chopper:

Air Force One Radio Excerpts (November 22, 1963)

More....

jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/12/aircraft-radio-transmissions-11-22-63.html

Whose face is that in the window of the ambulance? Is it a reflection?

Kathy C

Hi David,

I'm genuinely curious but how have you been able to acquire such a great collection of videos and radio clips? It's quite impressive.

Over a period of several years, I've come across tons of video and audio material from a variety of sources, including other "collectors", Internet searches, VHS tapes, DVDs, MP3s, and the JFK Library website (which has virtually every word ever spoken in public by JFK on MP3 audio files now, and available for free; and those files at the JFK Library are all in the "Public Domain", which makes me happy). :)

Also, are you ever willing to share the original MP4 files with other researchers so they can use them to produce educational videos about the case?

Absolutely. (Most of my files are stored in the .WMV format, however.)

In fact, I've recently discovered an outstanding (free) site for doing just that type of thing -- Google Drive. It allows large files to be shared without dumbing down the quality of the file to 240p or 360p. The HQ version gets retained, unlike most YouTube downloading devices.

If you've got a particular program in mind, just give me a shout. I can provide the HQ raw file, no problem.

Edited by David Von Pein

DVP: Absolutely...

Excellent. I use Google Drive too so that would work perfectly. I will send you a PM through this forum about the one I'd like to use. My software (Premiere) should work with Windows Media (WMV) with no problem but if you have the closer-to-raw (1st generation encoded) that would be outstanding as well.

Thanks, David

Michael - I hope you don't think that I have omitted the Air Force One tapes (the new longer 2012 version) from my websites. No sirree

David - the reason why I posted the other link to the transcripts was because I'm deaf (as are others out there too) and versions on that link have sub titles so they can read along with the audio. Michael

David - the reason why I posted the other link to the transcripts was because I'm deaf (as are others out there too) and versions on that link have sub titles so they can read along with the audio. Michael

Oh, okay. Makes sense. Thanks.

BTW, don't ever try using those awful "Automated Captions" on YouTube videos. They don't work at all. The captions almost never match the words being spoken. But they are entertaining if you're in the mood for a good laugh....

Caption-Hilarity

WML-Caption-Hilarity-Part-2

WML-Caption-Hilarity-Part-3

Edited by David Von Pein