The Education Forum

The Mauser?

Guest Duncan MacRae

• 1 month later...

Since DVP has taken up the issue of the Mauser again, in the thread re: BOH wound, I thought I would revive this thread.

Has this photo with the two rifles been explained?

And also, if Roger Craig is the lier, then why do the other two law enforcement officers, after they got back to the department, file reports that officialy stated they found a Mauser?

Even if they did thinkj that all rifles with bolt action were called Mausers,they should have been straightened out by the time they filed their reports.

Just pointing out to DVP that in this case then, Roger Craig isn't the only "lier."

In fact, to straigten out DVP's twisted accusation, Craig didn't claim that Lee Oswald's Carcano was a Mauser, he claims he saw a Mauser rather than a Carcano.

And apparently the other two officers who actually found the rifle, thought so to since that's what they filed in their reports.

And when Uncle Walter Cronkite said they found a Mauser on TV, that was enough conviction for most people that they found a Mauser.

I don't know the answer to these questions, but I do know that DVP's attmpt to brand Roger Craig a "lier" is incorrect, or we have four liers saying the same thing.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Just pointing out to DVP that in this case then, Roger Craig isn't the only "lier." [sic]

Roger Craig most certainly is the only xxxx in the "7.65 Mauser Stamped On The Rifle" regard. Nobody else ever claimed to see the words 7.65 Mauser stamped on ANY rifle on the sixth floor. Only Big Fat xxxx Craig said that.

And then there's also Craig's other huge lie regarding the "No More Than An Inch Apart" configuration of the three bullet shells in the Sniper's Nest. That's Big Fat Lie #2 from the lips of Roger D. Craig.

(And do you really not know how to spell "xxxx", Bill?)

Edited by David Von Pein

Just pointing out to DVP that in this case then, Roger Craig isn't the only "lier." [sic]

Roger Craig most certainly is the only xxxx in the "7.65 Mauser Stamped On The Rifle" regard. Nobody else ever claimed to see the words 7.65 Mauser stamped on ANY rifle on the sixth floor. Only Big Fat xxxx Craig said that.

And then there's also Craig's other huge lie regarding the "No More Than An Inch Apart" configuration of the three bullet shells in the Sniper's Nest. That's Big Fat Lie #2 from the lips of Roger D. Craig.

(And do you really not know how to spell "xxxx", Bill?)

David, then if Roger Craig is a "xxxx," how come Boone and Weitzman aren't?

http://www.history-m...ker_Ex_5323.pdfDETAILS OF OFFENSn PROGRESS OF INVESTIGATION. LM:

(Inr"Uptin` Officer must a4n)

Dais Nov . 22 . 1963 19-

I was assisting in th search of the 6th floor of the Dallas County

Book Ddpository at Elm at and Houston St . proceeding from the IIzxxSexxij9lr

East side of the building . Officer Whit man DPD and I were together as

we approched the Northwest corner of thebuilding xaxa.xkka I iras the

rifle partially hidden behind a row of books with two (2) other boxes of

books against the rifle . The rifle appeared tb be a 7.65mm Mauser with a

telescope night on the rifle. Capt . Fritz was called to the scene and also

someone from the ID ZHIDDC pictures were taken and then Capt Fritz picked

up the rifle . I first saw the rifle at 1:22pm date .

E. L . Boone. 240 DSO

Seymour Weitzman's Statement http://jfk.ci.dallas...04/0433-001.gif

And what is the explaniation for the two rifles in the photos Duncan posted above?

Thanks,

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Isn't the answer obvious, Bill?

Boone and Weitzman weren't "liars" because neither of them ever told the lie about seeing the words "7.65 Mauser" stamped on the barrel of the rifle that was hoisted from the boxes by J.C. Day. (And Craig definitely was talking about THAT rifle too; i.e., the rifle that was lifted from between boxes by Day. Craig wasn't talking about some other rifle.)

And what is the explanation for the two rifles in the photos Duncan posted above?

The rifle that's not a Carcano has got to be a rifle belonging to the police. That's obvious too.

And the same explanation accounts for Bob Groden's claim that the Mentesana film proves that a second rifle was found in the TSBD.

How Groden knows that rifle in the Mentesana film is NOT a cop's rifle is anyone's guess.

You don't think this officer/detective is holding Oswald's Carcano here, do you Bill?:

Other.jpg

Isn't the answer obvious, Bill?

Boone and Weitzman weren't "liars" because neither of them ever told the lie about seeing the words "7.65 Mauser" stamped on the barrel of the rifle that was hoisted from the boxes by J.C. Day. (And Craig definitely was talking about THAT rifle too; i.e., the rifle that was lifted from between boxes by Day. Craig wasn't talking about some other rifle.)

And what is the explanation for the two rifles in the photos Duncan posted above?

The rifle that's not a Carcano has got to be a rifle belonging to the police. That's obvious too.

And the same explanation accounts for Bob Groden's claim that the Mentesana film proves that a second rifle was found in the TSBD.

How Groden knows that rifle in the Mentesana film is NOT a cop's rifle is anyone's guess.

You don't think this officer/detective is holding Oswald's Carcano here, do you Bill?:

Other.jpg

Well, you don't answer my questions, but I didn't expect you to.

The photo above seems to show a police officer - detective with a single barrel shotgun with a pump action, not a rifle.

The two rifles in the other photos are clearly rifles, not a shotgun, and indeed, if one belongs to the police, which one?

And why would the police even have such a rifle? It's not standard issue? Shotguns yes, rifles no.

And if Boone and Weitzman did not see the "Mauser" stamp on the rifle they found then why did they say it was a Mauser?

So Boone and Weitzman are not Big Fat Liers, they just made a mistake, the same mistake, and they made it twice,

once when they found the rifle and said it was a Mauser, and then later on when they filed their reports.

I guess you have to be a Conspiracy Theoriest in order to be a Big Fat Lier, hea?

You mean it was a Xerox?

BK

Mr. Von Pein, I'm under some confusion here. Was Roger Craig nearly killed for being a xxxx, and then finally annihilated by some militant moralist to whom we, who love truth, owe eternal gratitude?

"Use every man after his desert, and who shall 'scape whipping?" -- Hamlet

Edited by David Andrews

Exactly. If he was such a xxxx , what potential harm was he to those responsible for Kennedy's slaying.

"Craig became unpopular with senior police officers in Dallas when he testified before the Warren Commission. He insisted he had seen Lee Harvey Oswald get into the station wagon 15 minutes after the shooting. This was ignored by Earl Warren and his team because it showed that at least two people were involved in the assassination. Craig, unlike Seymour Weitzman, refused to change his mind about finding a 7.65 Mauser rather than a Mannlicher-Carcano in the Texas School Book Depository. Craig was fired from the police department in 1967 after he was found to have discussed his evidence with a journalist.

In 1967 Craig went to New Orleans and was a prosecution witness at the trial of Clay Shaw.

Later that year he was shot at while walking to a car park. The bullet only grazed his head. In 1971 Craig wrote When They Kill A President .

In 1973 a car forced Craig's car off a mountain road. He was badly injured but he survived the accident.

In 1974 he survived another shooting in Waxahachie, Texas.

The following year he was seriously wounded when his car engine exploded. Craig told friends that the Mafia had decided to kill him.

Roger Craig was found dead from on 15th May, 1975. It was later decided he had died as a result of self-inflicted gunshot wounds."

From Spartacus.

Edited by Peter McGuire

The gun shown in the "second firearm rotated" image appears to me to possibly be a Browning Auto 5 shotgun:

Belgium Browning Auto 5 Shotgun

That's more like it, imo, a 'pistolgrip' plus shoulder stock.

edit add: can you fire from the hip? http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu83.htm and from tucked under bicep I imagine. As the writer explains it's a preferred weapon of intimidation, hence preferred police weapon, and for close range accuracy and speed of draw and multiple use this stock configuration seems to me to indicate a police weapon, certainly not a carbine.

Edited by John Dolva