The Education Forum

Please document this RFK quote on the JFK assassination - Thanks!

Guest Robert Morrow

Does anyone really think that Robert F. Kennedy didn't believe there was more to his brother's murder than minimum wage earning, cheapest most inaccurate firing rifle using Lee Oswald defeating hundreds of security personnel and with 5 untrained Dealey Plaza bystanders seeing a man with a rifle  ( or two men) in the 6th floor window ( but not one trained security person seeing this ) up to 5 minutes before JFK's limo passes directly below?

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talbot's book did a nice job on that.

But there was also Weisberg in one of his books, I think it was Oswald in New Orleans.

He said that he was in contact with RFK's entourage during the primaries in 1968.  It might have been Mankiewicz, but i don't recall the specific name.

Weisberg was told that RFK did not buy the WR at all.  Harold told his contact, then he has to say that in public.  That is the only way he will be safe from his own assassination.

About a week later, RFK was killed.  Weisberg's quote was something like, "Never was a seer less happy with the accuracy of his prediction."

But beyond that, its pretty clear today that not only did RFK not buy the WR BS, but he was actually conducting his own inquiry.  There are indications of this in Talbot's book, and John Newman once told me that  Bobby was in Mexico asking questions about Oswald's alleged visit there.  Before he died Roger Feinman was trying to locate a doctor in NYC who Bobby was consulting with on the autopsy.  That would have been really interesting if he had found  him before Roger  passed on.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I want to say thank you to Don Jeffries for finding the following:

http://archive.org/details/RobertFKennedyAtSanFernandoValleyStateCollege

Listen starting at 39:15 for the part we are interested in. The one thing that bugged me for years was the order of the quotes and how much time was between them. And based on what is there. I am going to change the facts to the following.

Who: Robert Kennedy
What: "Nobody is more interested than I in knowing who is responsible for the death of President Kennedy." "I would not reopen the Warren Commission report".  "I have seen everything that's in there.  I stand by the Warren Commission."
Where: San Fernando Valley College
When:  March 25, 1968

I left out the nobody is more interested in knowing quote based on the stories I read, I was never sure of the order. In my opinion based on the closeness of the quotes in the tape. This is him making a public declaration of his support for the Warren Commission.  I also think that if you are just using the first quote to prove something, you are taking it out of context because of the proximity to the next 2 quotes.. 

I am not a mind reader, my goal is only show what he said publicly. Please read the entry 1 in this thread. The first entry by Guest Robert Morrow in this thread asks the following as shown in bold:  

I now fully realize that only the powers of the Presidency will reveal the secrets of my brother's death."

—Robert Kennedy, June 3, 1968, two days before he was assassinated

Folks, what book or article did this RFK quote come from? Could you give me a book and a page number. Or an article, column title, date, source?

Do you know the context of Robert Kennedy making this quote (very probably on the campaign trail right before the June, 1968 Democratic primary)?

I think I have pretty conclusively proven that the statement never occurred. That is my only purpose.  Anything else to me would be off topic for this thread. 

Please go ahead and listen.

Clark Merrill 

Edited by Clark Merrill
I was not quite finished

Immaterial. What's important is what is known about RFK's thoughts and intentions, and maybe even actions, not his public pronouncements. You are way behind the curve on this one because you are biased. Question for you since you are new to this forum. Why do you care about RFK or JFK? How do you judge JFK the President?

The tape does make it clear what RFK actually said.

But what would one expect regards RFK's rather weak handshake endorsement of the WC at that time?

Could you imagine if RFK publicly proclaimed he didn't accept the WC report?

By doing so, RFK would have given the highest political level stamp of approval and credibility ( from someone who most expected to be President in another 6 months) to the idea that his brother's murder was the result of a conspiracy.

The guilty parties clearly knew what could take place if RFK actually became president with that mind set and following through in creating a new investigation with his presidential powers.

In the devious, dangerous, highest stakes game of political poker, you don't reveal your cards before the final bet, hence RFK keeping his true JFK assassination belief hand close to his chest.

Edited by Joe Bauer