The Education Forum

"Cheryl McKinnon" ?

Karen Moore has posted on Duncans Forum, saying that the woman generally being identified as "Cheryl McKinnon" in the Wiegman frames, is not Cheryl McKinnon, but is actually karen's mother Doris Mumford.
I recieved an Email from Karen Moore
quote:
Attached is the photo out of a Reader’s Digest magazine from the Wiegman video, along with photos of my Mother, Doris Mumford, circa 1966. She was 36 years old at the time of the assassination.
Robin,

My Mother had lived and worked in downtown Dallas for a number of years.

What has been shared with me is as follows: Mother was taking off of work to travel to Ft. Worth. She wanted to stop and see the President and Mrs. Kennedy as they drove through the city.

Why she picked this particular area to view the Kennedys I do not know. What I do know is that she said "I heard three shots and saw the life leave the President's face." She said the shots came from behind her.

Mother indicated later that she had nightmares of which she did not share. She would not speak of the event after that.

I personally did see the Executive Action movie when it came out and when she appeared full screen (the photo of the Wiegman video) I jumped and screamed "That's my Mother!" That was the first moment I saw the photo facing ahead; it had always been the rear view (and later, the side profiles).

Mother indicated at one time that SMU wanted to talk to her and I do not know what took place; I am not sure at this time if she cooperated.
Karen
Doris+Mumford+1966.jpg

quote:

I have no idea if Ms. McKinnon is still alive. My interest was initiated this year after laying to rest my Mother and Step-father. In my mind, over all these years, there was never a question as to who the "woman in the sunglasses" was...it was always my Mother. At the cemetery in Dallas when making arrangements, I was asked if there were any special memories and I said that my Mother was a wonderful woman, etc. etc. and mentioned that she was also a witness to the assassination. They informed me that J. D. Tippit is buried there also and that his widow is seen coming with body guards to his site. When going through some of Mother's things, I found the Richardson Daily News with Mother on the front page (rear view of her) that she had kept all these years, along with the Dallas Morning News and the Dallas Times Herald, all dated Nov. 24, 1963. A few months later my grandson sent me a photo he found on the internet of Mother that I had not seen and I just began looking again at a few various sites, then finding one of the photos showing the name Cheryl McKinnon. I was just taken aback. So I have set out to correct the matter in the best ways I know how...Simply speaking, if a name addressed to the photo had never been made who knows if I would have come forward but since it is a misidentification, I feel the need to get clarification as it is linked to a part of history.

Edited by Robin Unger

Karen Moore has posted on Duncans Forum, saying that the woman generally being identified as "Cheryl McKinnon" in the Wiegman frames, is not Cheryl McKinnon, but is actually her mother Doris Mumford.
[...]

Robin,

Thanks for posting this. Great work.

Now, seeing as how we "JFK assassination researchers" are so easily confused, I'd like to make a suggestion. Please rewrite the last part of the above sentence so it reads "...but is actually Karen's mother, Doris Mumford."

Just an idea.

Thanks,

--Tommy :sun

Robin,

Great find, we had another thread here where we were just recently trying to find Cheryl Mckinnon: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14085

Looking at the thread you posted we seemed to have come to the same conclusions and dead ends.

No where in the McKinnon article does the writer ever state that she was in fact the person we've assumed she was in the Wiegman video. It would be interesting to know how that identification was developed.

I'm curious about the reference to SMU, how and why would they contact this 36 year old housewife who seems to want no publicity and made no statements to police?

• 1 month later...