The Education Forum

Dealey Plaza Witness

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheryl McKinnon. She was a journalism student, and became a reporter for the San Diego Star-News. She is one of the witnesses who heard shots and saw smoke from the grassy knoll.

Cheryl McKinnon. She was a journalism student, and became a reporter for the San Diego Star-News. She is one of the witnesses who heard shots and saw smoke from the grassy knoll.

Students often work, and have different study times etc. Is it known if and if so, what sort of work she may have been doing? Secretarial???

What about the other woman? Does anyone know her name (as a refresher, on the sidewalk between the underpass and the lightpost, stood the Newman family and then two women (and then the lightpost). One of the women was McKinnon. How about the other?

Thanks all.

There is no evidence that either of the ladies seen by the lamppost is Cheryl McKinnon.

Two identical blond ladies stood by the lamppost. They seemed to be together. In a later

shot, McKinnon is seen sitting on the grass. She is not blond.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

What about the other woman? Does anyone know her name (as a refresher, on the sidewalk between the underpass and the lightpost, stood the Newman family and then two women (and then the lightpost). One of the women was McKinnon. How about the other?

Thanks all.

There is no evidence that either of the ladies seen by the lamppost is Cheryl McKinnon.

Two identical blond ladies stood by the lamppost. They seemed to be together. In a later

Jack

What color would you call her hair?

http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/galle...um=13&pos=8

Thanks all.

Jack

What color would you call her hair?

http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/galle...um=13&pos=8

Not blond.

Note where she stated that she stood. Twice. Not in the street with a friend, but on the grassy ....

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Cheryl McKinnon was a young SMU college student. The woman on the ground looks

older, certainly not like a college student. To my knowledge, Cheryl has never

stated that the woman on the ground is her. I do not know where that information

originated.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

• 4 years later...

I've serached extensively for Cheryl McKinnon with no luck. There are no Cheryl McKinnon's of the appropriate age listed in either Texas or California.

To my knowledge, the only thing she has written on the assassination is her article in the San Diego Star News from 11/22/83 entitled "My Last Look at Mr. President". It's easy to find if you google the title.

I've serached extensively for Cheryl McKinnon with no luck. There are no Cheryl McKinnon's of the appropriate age listed in either Texas or California.

To my knowledge, the only thing she has written on the assassination is her article in the San Diego Star News from 11/22/83 entitled "My Last Look at Mr. President". It's easy to find if you google the title.

yea, i found that at Ron Ecker's site (Thanks Ron) Ecker's JFK Web Page

hobrad.angelfire.com/mckinnon.html

but no obit so she should still be alive.

BK

JFKCountercoup2: Cheryl McKinnon SMU Journalism Student at DP

I found 1 record for a Cheryl L McKinnon on the San Diego County Clerk's site that seems to be a lawsuit from 1988.

The paper she wrote the article for, "The San Diego Star News" is likely a "for free" local circulation paper that may be published once a week. Calling her a "reporter" for that paper might be a stretch - more than likely she wrote just that story.

I did a few searches for the name Cheryl L Mckinnon and though I get several hits for that name, no one that would seem to be in the right age bracket. I assume she'd be in her late 60's or early 70's. (edit: She stated in the article that she was a teenager so that would put her in the 63 to 69 bracket.)

** I have a little more information that may point to Cheryl L McKinnon and if interested please send me a personal message. I'm hesitant to post details in the forum because I'm not 100% certain and I don't want to subject a person to incessant contacts from researchers if they are not the party we are looking for.

The woman I found has an associated past address in Chula Vista (a suburb of San Diego); she's 69 years old and her last name has changed (presumably married) but an associated alias is Cheryl L Mckinnon.

Edited by Chris Newton

I found 1 record for a Cheryl L McKinnon on the San Diego County Clerk's site that seems to be a lawsuit from 1988.

The paper she wrote the article for, "The San Diego Star News" is likely a "for free" local circulation paper that may be published once a week. Calling her a "reporter" for that paper might be a stretch - more than likely she wrote just that story.

I did a few searches for the name Cheryl L Mckinnon and though I get several hits for that name, no one that would seem to be in the right age bracket. I assume she'd be in her late 60's or early 70's. (edit: She stated in the article that she was a teenager so that would put her in the 63 to 69 bracket.)

** I have a little more information that may point to Cheryl L McKinnon and if interested please send me a personal message. I'm hesitant to post details in the forum because I'm not 100% certain and I don't want to subject a person to incessant contacts from researchers if they are not the party we are looking for.

The woman I found has an associated past address in Chula Vista (a suburb of San Diego); she's 69 years old and her last name has changed (presumably married) but an associated alias is Cheryl L Mckinnon.

Thanks Chris,

I wonder if any of the San Diego area researchers knew her or can find out what happened to her.

I guess she's still alive or we would have an obit.

BK

Not necessarily Bill. I recently contacted Barry Ernest trying to obtain an obituary for Victoria Adamas, and Mr. Ernest informed me that none existed.

And, of course, there is always the possibility that McKinnon's last name has changed between '83 and today.

Edited by Josh Cron

Not necessarily Bill. I recently contacted Barry Ernest trying to obtain an obituary for Victoria Adamas, and Mr. Ernest informed me that none existed.

And, of course, there is always the possibility that McKinnon's last name has changed between '83 and today.

Yes, she could have married and has new last name.

And I'm sorry to hear that Victoria Adams has passed away.

Maybe I'll write an obit for her.

BK