The Education Forum

Secret base in Texas CIA used to train Cuban exiles for Bay of Pigs

Thanks Douglas. At the end of the article there is a link to the original NYT piece, and at the end of that piece there is a bombshell - the Us army recently seeking 2 millions rounds of ammo for AK 47, which we don't even use. I wonder what use the US army has for it?

Its astonishing that at this late date about 65 years after its creation, we are finally uncovering the location of such a base and the covert operations it supported with arms and explosives. I'm hoping forum members read this....

Paul, the existence of a CIA depot in San Antonio has been known for some time; we write about a few such in SW. Normally they are relatively small depot areas of much larger Army depots, dating back to WWII. The AK-47's are no surprise because the CIA uses them to store "deniable" weapons purchased in the world arms markets...you don't send American military weapons into deniable operations (well only when you are as stupid as say the BOP affair). More details often emerge from either former personnel or even though environmental impact studies.

In one known operation from the San Antonio depot, three jet transport Starlifter flights carried the initial deniable arms shipments directly to Kenshasha, Zaire to support the Angola operation initiated

by Henry Kissinger.

You will find more detail on the depot at the link below:

http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/midwest.pdf

The following document references "Midwest depot," in the context of a storage facility for a considerable amount of explosives, ie [C-4]. What makes it even more interesting

is that it is dated nine days before November 22, 1963.....

Which reminds me of one of those "extraordinary claims" of Gerry Patrick Hemming RIP. He once said something to the effect

that if the shooters had bungled the JFK assassination, there was a contingency plan which called for explosives that would

go off as the motorcade traveled out of Dealey Plaza.....

Although any spook giving the lowdown on what was behind the assassination I take with a serious grain of salt,

it is an interesting option to consider.

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=66883

Edited by Robert Howard

The following document references "Midwest depot," in the context of a storage facility for a considerable amount of explosives, ie [C-4]. What makes it even more interesting

is that it is dated nine days before November 22, 1963.....

Which reminds me of one of those "extraordinary claims" of Gerry Patrick Hemming RIP. He once said something to the effect

that if the shooters had bungled the JFK assassination, there was a contingency plan which called for explosives that would

go off as the motorcade traveled out of Dealey Plaza.....

Although any spook giving the lowdown on what was behind the assassination I take with a serious grain of salt,

it is an interesting option to consider.

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=66883

It would be interesting to look at photos of Dealey, the underpass, and the Stemmons on-ramp area, to see where a vehicle holding those explosives could have been placed - or not.

David, two obvious choices....the pick up that "stalled" near the overpass and was towed away only a bit before the motorcade arrived....and a series of cars and light trucks pulled off the

access ramp to Stemmons freeway and immediately following the approach. All would be fine candidates, the pick up the best. However given that both the trade center and

parkland may have been back ups, cars parked close enough to the road at the approaches to either would work.