The Education Forum

"Doorman" Oswald or Lovelady?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Robin

The care you took to track this down is much appreciated.

I am watching the National Geographic DVD now and see the close-up is taken from the Hughes film, as you correctly point out.

hugheshouststlostbzoonfuew.gif

Yes, the Hughes film is the source of the cropped close-up.

Is this the best image available currently of TSBD door from the last frames Hughes took as the JFK limo turned onto Elm Street?

Do you know if Max Holland archived anywhere the enhanced frames from his high-resolution copy of the Hughes film that he used in the National Geographic special?

I know of no other film recording the JFK assassination that show "doorman" pre-shooting and Lovelady at the base of the stairs post-shooting.

This is why I pressed to make sure the cropped close-up was in fact from the Hughes film.

The frames at the end of the Hughes film clearly show Lovelady standing at the bottom of the TSBD stairs wearing the red checkered shirt Groden documented with Lovelady in 1976 for the HSCA (as shown in page 269 of Groden's book "JFK: Absolute Proof.

Given that Hughes film captures in color the "doorman" before the shooting and Lovelady in his red checkered shirt after the shooting, has anyone compared the color of the two shirts to determine if they are identical?

Can we assume color quality is consistent throughout the Hughes film, or is there any reason to suspect color captured in the pre-shooting footage would differ from color captured in the post-shooting footage?

Finally, the undershirt of "doorman" is clearly visible and his shirt unbuttoned compared to Lovelady's buttoned shirt as seen in the post-shooting frames of the Hughes film. Can we get a precise estimate of the time lapse between the Hughes footage shooing "doorman" pre-shooting and Hughes footing showing Lovelady post-shooting. The interval has to have been reasonably short such that measured and reported in minutes (as opposed to quarter-hour, half-hour, or hour intervals, is the most precise. Why would Lovelady have buttoned his shirt after the shooting occurred?

Again, I appreciate your patience and care in responding, as you did before.

Jerry Corsi

Robin Unger:

My point on the color consistency is explained more precisely in the following paragraph, limiting the discussion to the Hughes film only.

If we could determine, for instance, that the color of the brick in the TSBD in the frames showing "doorman" prior to the shooting, were not statistically different (as determined by a spectrographic analysis) from the color of the brick in the TSBD from the frames in the Hughes film showing Lovelady after the shooting, could we assume sufficient color consistency to compare the spectrographic analysis of "doorman's" shirt to the spectrographic analysis of Lovelady's shirt at the end of the Hughes film to see if there is a statistically significant difference between the two shirts?

My other point, is this: Can we get a time estimate of how many minutes passed between the two segments. If it was only a few minutes, then we can task this: Why in the few minutes between the pre-shooting and post-shooting footage in the Hughes film, amidst the post-shooting excitement obviously occurring at the front of the TSBD, did Lovelady take the time to button his shirt?

In the three frames above, that you posted at 10:15 pm today, if that is Lovelady seen again in the Hughes film, it is arguable he took a very wide open shirt to partially button it in this three-frame sequence, before buttoning it to the collar in the post-shooting footage of the Hughes film. Again, why would he do that?

Jerry Corsi

Robin Unger

I have read many of your disagreements with Cinque, including the one you reference above.

My comments are not directed at where Lovelady said he was standing.

I'm still working on the colors.

What I want to stay focused upon is this: If we could determine, for instance, that the color of the brick in the TSBD in the frames showing "doorman" prior to the shooting, were not statistically different (as determined by a spectrographic analysis) from the color of the brick in the TSBD from the frames in the Hughes film showing Lovelady after the shooting, could we assume sufficient color consistency to compare the spectrographic analysis of "doorman's" shirt to the spectrographic analysis of Lovelady's shirt at the end of the Hughes film to see if there is a statistically significant difference between the two shirts?

Jerome Corsi

Quote:

In the three frames above, that you posted at 10:15 pm today, if that is Lovelady seen again in the Hughes film, it is arguable he took a very wide open shirt to partially button it in this three-frame sequence, before buttoning it to the collar in the post-shooting footage of the Hughes film. Again, why would he do that?

That is just an assumption on your part Jerome

since we only see a partial side on view of Lovelady, there is no way to know how his shirt was buttoned or unbuttoned.

Edited by Robin Unger