The Education Forum

The Skorzeny Papers

I've not learned much more on it - but in a way it sounds a bit like ZRIFLE,  a crypt created for one purpose and then used as a sort of cover to hide something else. The ZRIFLE crypt crypt was created to use in recruiting Staff D burglary/strong arm contacts overseas and then became a place to hide the special action assassination project under Harvey.  It appears that QJWIN might have been used domestically as a crypt  involving contacts with drug smugglers ( which the CIA did do both domestically and internationally since they know useful people and things) and then extended internationally, possibly first for drug smuggler contacts in Europe and potentially for other things. It does appear to have been used on multiple occasions.

It also reminds me a bit of the famous FBI T-1, T-2 designations which each office got to use for their own purposes, so we have loads of T-1's (sometimes real people, sometimes postal inspectors and sometimes illegal wire taps or break ins)  Always better to have it look like a human source rather than fully disclose potentially illegal activities which might come up in prosecution and trial. .

Since the CIA itself handles crypt assignments its almost impossible to corroborate outside their records - and doubly so because apparently at times, especially under Angleton, CI senior officers had the authority to create their own crypts and keep them outside the general system....much as Angleton did with his own files.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry - I did not see Ganis speak at Lancer, and have not ponied up to watch. You said that Ganis gave out some materials for you and others to explore. Have you anything to report? 

Surely Albarelli’s posthumous book will explore Skorzeny. It would be nice to be current when the book is released. 

Have you watched this Paul, its similar to what Ralph did at Lancer:

I did a good bit of background research on Ralph's book for a couple of months after the conference, but its just notes for myself, nothing in any format I could share.  A great deal of it was contextual.  Areas of issues and concern have already been shared with Ralph. More recently I've been exploring some good historical research on the stay behind groups and covert  post war events in Europe for a new book I'm working on.....so I'm hopefully becoming more educated, but at the moment its in my head or my draft chapters.

Stu just visited Ganis quite recently and Ralph was kind enough to review a great deal of material not in his book....including some things he thought were there, but didn't make it through the edits. Basically both Stu and are both following the story, doing a sort of peer review, and educating ourselves to be ready for Hank's work.  There are points that intrigue me and a few thoughts we have even shared with Ralph and Alan, but at this point both Stu and are in processing mode....

I believe Doug’s argument or analysis puts forth that, if QJ/WIN is anyone, it seems more likely (if not downright absolute) that it’s Mankel and not Skorzeny and that, at the very least we have the documentation to show that. I also believe that Doug attacked Mr X’s position or claim/s and he is probably aware that the QJ crypt could refer to either a person or an operation. In fact I remember Simpich and Hancock’s lancer presentation, Simpich mentions a alternate) QJ crypt or something along those lines.

In the end, as a study group, we just have to keep attempting to be critical and keep an open mind with much of the research that’s for sure.

Edited by B. A. Copeland

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Rechenberg corresponding with Harold N. Arrowsmith

Rechenberg corresponding with Otto Skorzeny

Arrowsmith was an early financier of the US Neo Nazi movement. He gave George Lincoln Rockwell the funds to get going in 1958.

Rechenburg worked under Goebels during the war. He later went on to advocate for War criminals and was in contact with the Odessa Network.

https://dstate-analytics.blogspot.com/2019/08/about-gibson-islander-neo-nazi.html

Thanks for bumping this Rob!  I didn't know if Paul saw my post about Skorzeny being mentioned in Tom O'Neil's Chaos in the Chaos thread or not.  It seems Reeve Whitson, an associate of Charles Manson, who may have returned to Cielo drive after the Tate and others murder with Manson, claimed Otto Sk as one of his closest friends.

16 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks for bumping this Rob!  I didn't know if Paul saw my post about Skorzeny being mentioned in Tom O'Neil's Chaos in the Chaos thread or not.  It seems Reeve Whitson, an associate of Charles Manson, who may have returned to Cielo drive after the Tate and others murder with Manson, claimed Otto Sk as one of his closest friends.

Thanks Ron - saw it now. I have the book on Kindle but haven’t started it yet. Reeve Whitson is very interesting. I’ve now posted on the Chaos thread my desire to see Mr. O’Neill here to answer questions.