The Education Forum

Ever Wonder

JM Wave and a military sniper brought in from Vietnam and two of the three died of old age, in bed. The 3rd is still alive far I know.

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

But Paul:

Where else would the info on QJ Win's identity come from except the CIA?  I mean who else would know for sure?

Unless its QJ WIN himself.

Its true that the CIA paid Skorzeny to support Katanga, but I have never heard of any info saying he was involved in the Lumumba plots.  And we have a lot of info on those plots today due to the ARRB.  John Newman's second volume had a lot of good info about the Lumumba plots, and there are other good sources around.  No one I know has ever said that Skorzeny was in on them, let alone he was QJ Win.

As per this book, I have to question the thesis of an author who buys what are supposed to be secret papers on E Bay, and then writes a book based on them and then does not include the actual documents as an appendix in order to cross check his work.  

Jim - of course only the CIA would know the identity of QJWIN. That wasn’t my point. Once they revealed the name Jose Marie Andre Mankel one would think Mankel would be researchable outside of CIA files. I can’t find anything. And we do have one CIA doc with his bio which ends with a cryptic comment to the effect of now we’ve released everything but his true name. 

Do you think the connection with Arnold Silver suggestive? 

I agree with your complaint about the Skorzeny Papers. I think it’s worth telling you a bit more about that. Ralph Ganis claims that he won at auction a collection of papers belonging to Skorzeny and his wife. Curiously a week ago while browsing Skorzeny, and being struck by how difficult it was to find any links to this specific book without using the exact title, I came across a 4 year old ad for an auction describing a lot that fits Ganis’’ story to a tee. The papers that Ganis bought were not business papers, they were correspondence between Otto and his wife, who travelled widely making contacts for him. What Ganis did was research the contacts mentioned in her letters, cross reference dates and places, and come up with probable business connections disguised as personal ones. It’s very interesting reading, and all the names and businesses are named and researchable. Many of those connections trace to Dallas. What Ganis did not do was research the known history of Skorzeny after his release, or escape, from US custody. He downplays the Odessa Network idea which so many other writers have focused on. Nevertheless one is left with the impression that Skorzeny and many of his SS colleagues were shadowy figures in the background of many US and European companies. It’s very fascinating research, and I know you will appreciate it despite your objection. Ganis does say, without much explanation, that in due time the papers will be released for public research. 

On 7/27/2018 at 11:57 PM, Kathleen Collins said:

Just a curiosity -- Folk singer Phil Ochs was standing near the Dal-Tex building afterwards.  You can see it in the Cooper film or a frame of it. 

Kathy C

And he died just as the House investigation was Ramping up...hmmmm.

Paul:

As Doug Valentine notes in The Strength of the Wolf, Mason Carghill identified Mankel as QJ WIN as far back as the Rockefeller Commission.

Then the ARRB declassified CIA documents which confirmed this.  They also confirm that he went by different pseudonyms, so you would also have to know those pseudonyms if you wanted to do a cross check on him. 

On 7/29/2018 at 8:39 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Paul:

As Doug Valentine notes in The Strength of the Wolf, Mason Carghill identified Mankel as QJ WIN as far back as the Rockefeller Commission.

Then the ARRB declassified CIA documents which confirmed this.  They also confirm that he went by different pseudonyms, so you would also have to know those pseudonyms if you wanted to do a cross check on him. 

Thanks Jim. I read most of Strength of the Wolf. Cargill offered Mankel because he picked up that info from CIA. As the document posted on another thread which I could probably dig up if you missed it, Mankel may be a pseudonym. Another point is that Valentine did not know the name of the CIA agent who was tasked by Harvey to recruit a pool of assassins. It was certainly Arnold Silver.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:58 PM, Andrew Prutsok said:

Wow. I was joking here. You can't assume anything.

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2013/05/phil-ochs-at-dealey-plaza.html

That was some article Bill Kelly wrote.  I'm not finished with it at this late hour.  It was in film footage by a man who picked up all the tape the network threw out and pieced it together.  I believe his name was Cooper.  There are 2 stills of Phil Ochs standing by the garage of the Dal-Tex building with another guy.