The Education Forum

Dallas Police Log Books

A writer names S. R. Dusty Rohde (an alias) has a web site on the JFK case.

He has done some interesting work on the TIppit murder.

He says that no one has ever been able to locate the Dallas Police log books.  I assume these are the books in which dispatch orders are written out before or after they are broadcast.  Is this true?

If so how could you lose something like that?

Second, did Tippit have an argument with someone at 12th and Marsalis that day?

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

He says that no one has ever been able to locate the Dallas Police log books.  I assume these are the books in which dispatch orders are written out before or after they are broadcast.  Is this true?

Jim,

I'm not sure what Mr. Rhode is referring to, but it seems to me that orders were being issued within seconds of each other. It seems like that would be kind of hard to do by writing them out beforehand.

Steve Thomas

That is what I thought also.  But he says he used to work for the  fire department and that is what they did.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

A writer names S. R. Dusty Rohde (an alias) has a web site on the JFK case.

He has done some interesting work on the TIppit murder.

If so how could you lose something like that?

Second, did Tippit have an argument with someone at 12th and Marsalis that day?

Any books by Mr. Rohde you can recommend? I'm not familiar with his work. I've heard of him from the Dallas action podcast but dont recall ever seeing his books anywhere 

I don't think he is a published author of books.

You can also find a couple of audios with him (Rhode) on Doug Campbell’s podcast (The Dallas Action). Definitely worth a listen. I believe that in the audio, the subject of a flight manifest (flight to Dallas) that Rhode possesses that has Ferrie as the pilot and Alek Hidell listed as a passenger (skip to about 01:11:05).

There’s also the “George Martin Communist Party USA Document”, bit that’s pretty interesting (skip to about 02:05:30).

Rhode also reveals in the show that he is in possession of documents that list Ruth and Michael Paine as assets (not sure which agency but assuming CIA?, skip to around 1:58:02 for this nugget)

It is show #133:

https://www.spreaker.com/user/7338953/133-june-23-2018-oswald-new-orleans-and-

It is also interesting to note that Rhode was (not sure if he is as of the current time) in personal contact with Marina Oswald according to him on this very episode. Don’t mean to seemingly derail topic, apologies but I think that Rhode’s first audio with Doug deals with his work on Tippit.

Edited by B. A. Copeland