The Education Forum

Martin Sheen To Narrate Documentary On JFK Death Probe From Original Oswald Investigator

Thank you for the link, Mr. Caddy,

A couple of decades ago, I was fortunate enough to spend five or six hours on the phone with Martin Sheen interviewing him for a book I was writing.  Several times, his admiration of John and Robert Kennedy came shining through.  He noted that the birth of his son Emilio Estevez, which he foolishly decided to help his wife Janet deliver without professional assistance, occurred just four days before Jacqueline Kennedy gave birth to their short-lived son named Patrick.

The irony was overwhelming.  As Mr. Sheen admitted, “All we had was a bottle of alcohol and the New York Times.”  He added that, “I was so ignorant of what to expect that after he was born I thought Janet was having his twin. That was the afterbirth and the placenta.  I had no idea what that was.”

Martin panicked and called an ambulance, but by the time the medics arrived, the worst was over and mother and child were resting peacefully.  By contrast, some of the best medics in Boston in 1963 were unable to save infant Patrick Kennedy’s life.

(Above is from Martin Sheen, Actor and Activist, by Jim Hargrove) 

Readers might appreciate knowing that Ramón Gerardo Antonio Estévez chose his professional name, Martin Sheen, in part as tribute to Bishop Fulton J Sheen who was declared "Blessed" by the Vatican and is on the way , along with Dorothy Day of Catholic Worker fame , to Sainthood.

Associated Press June 10 2019 NEW YORK - Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen is going home.

The Catholic Archdiocese of New York said Sunday it’ll cooperate in transferring Sheen’s remains from Manhattan to Peoria, Illinois, after a court ruled Sheen’s niece could bury him there.

Sheen, known for his revolutionary radio and TV preaching, has been interred under St. Patrick’s Cathedral’s altar since his 1979 death.

Sheen’s niece, Joan Cunningham, argued that burying him in Peoria, where he was ordained 100 years ago, would improve his chances at sainthood.

12 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Martin Sheen To Narrate Documentary On JFK Death Probe From Original Oswald Investigator

https://deadline.com/2019/06/jfk-documentary-martin-sheen-narrator-lee-harvey-oswald-investigator-1202633581/

Cool.  Is this the same Mr. Jaffe who used to post on the forum?  He was involved in the production of Executive Action?

19 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Cool.  Is this the same Mr. Jaffe who used to post on the forum?  He was involved in the production of Executive Action?

I’m sure it is. I asked him here on the forum to talk about his experience going to France as a Garrison investigator. He refused to answer, saying he intended to cover it in an upcoming book. I still think that SDECE agents knew a lot. Hope he comes back here.