The Education Forum

Paul Lional Helliwell

John Simkin

"In October 1988, Freeman was a witness in a federal court hearing in Denver, Colorado, in one of the longest-running IRS cases in history: the fight over more than $30 million in undeclared profits from the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. No taxes were ever paid on the profits that were funneled through a maze of offshore trust accounts at Castle Bank, with the assistance of Burton Kanter and Paul Helliwell."

I met Ken Kesey in Dayton, Ohio in the early 70s when he gave a college lecture, afterwhich he hung out at John Judge's apartment, as they knew each other previously. Kesey said that he was turned on to LSD at college where he was paid to be part of a research project.

In regards to OFOCN, he said that he sold the move rights to Kurt Douglas for $10,000, an agreement that was reached on a social occassion with the original contract written out on a bar napkin. Kesey said he was broke at the time and used the money to buy the bus used in the Electric Cool Aid Acid Test trips.

Kesey said he was ripped off by Douglas, who gave the movie rights to Cuckoo's Nest to his son Michael as a birthday gift, and when the film was such a big success, with no small thanks to Jack Nicholson, Kesey did not get the usual writer's percentage of profits, which even if only 1 or 2% of gross would have been millions.

BK

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Douglas' father was Kirk Douglas.

Also I might be wrong about this but I do not believe it is usual for a writer to share in a profit participation.

Also since I have been accused of posting matters not directly related to the assassination (which I sometimes do but they are at least related to JFK) how does Helliwell's involvement in this have any bearing on whether he was involved in the JFK case?

Edited by Tim Gratz

Wim,

Larry Downs and Tom Franklyn are pseudonyms.

James

Pseudonyms for what? What are their real names then? I think you misunderstood. In that book the author agreed to refer to Larry Downs as "Jim D". That is the pseudonym I believe.

Wim

Wim,

I think you will find that Larry Downs is Tom Polgar, an Agency faithful with quite a history. Googling him will bring up lots of background.

If you are in contact with Dan Marvin, I am sure he could provide some first hand information.

Polgar below.

James

• 2 weeks later...

James , meanwhile I found some more:

Larry Downs

Served his aprenticeship at JM/Wave in Miami during the halcyon days of the agence; later was CIA base chief at Can Tho. Was one of the "cowboys" who offered [Chauncey] Holt assistance after he was indicted.

Tom Franklin

Was deputy to Larry Dwons at Can Tho; also came from JM/Wave , Miami. Franklin was another cardcarrying CIA agent who offered [Chauncey] Holt "unofficial"assistance after he was indicted.

Philip Custer

Paramilitary expert with the CIA who trained merceneries in the U.S. in violation of the CIA charter; was later base chief in Danang.

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

James , meanwhile I found some more:

Larry Downs

Served his aprenticeship at JM/Wave in Miami during the halcyon days of the agence; later was CIA base chief at Can Tho. Was one of the "cowboys" who offered [Chauncey] Holt assistance after he was indicted.

Tom Franklin

Was deputy to Larry Downs at Can Tho; also came from JM/Wave , Miami. Franklin was another cardcarrying CIA agent who offered [Chauncey] Holt "unofficial"assistance after he was indicted.

Philip Custer

Paramilitary expert with the CIA who trained merceneries in the U.S. in violation of the CIA charter; was later base chief in Danang.

• 3 weeks later...

I found this interesting reference to Helliwell in Mke Ruppert's testimony before the Senate Select Committee in 1997:

Finally the Amadeus missions are the single most important piece of investigative work, other than my own experience, which I have to add to this investigation. My investigations into Amadeus have detailed the life of Albert V. Carone, a retired New York Police detective who, at his death from "chemical toxicity of unknown etiology", held the rank of full Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserves. I refer you to EXHIBIT 10. I have held this man's personal phone book in my hands. In it I found the home addresses and phone numbers of DCI William Casey, Paul Helliwell, a long establish CIA covert operative connected to drugs, General Richard Stillwell and many other CIA figures.

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/ssci.shtml

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...