The Education Forum

A curiosity

I came across this image below which was obviously snapped a few days after the assassination and found it of some interest. Is the camera position roughly the location from where Tosh Plumlee said he was during the shooting?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

James

It appears to be a little further north of the overpass and closer to Houston than he described his location back when we had that discussion involving the overview or "birdseye" view of Dealey Plaza, some months ago. But, I could be wrong as

Dealey Plaza appeared to be much smaller in size when I first saw it from the Stemmons Freeway in 1979. Therefore, my perspective of the distance between Houston and the Stemmons Freeway could be just as out of whack, in determining the placement of landmarks, and such. You'd have to have really "walked the job" , so to speak, in order to get your bearings straight on this one.

Where's Jack White or Bill Miller with respect to this?

Thanks, Terry.

It's a perspective that is not often seen. You said that Dealey Plaza was smaller than expected and I have heard this from many others.

I guess I'm wondering why Tosh chose this side of the Plaza when all the action was on the other.

James

Edited by James Richards

I think this is pretty much where Tosh Plumlee and SERGIO were at the time of the shooting, actually they were a little closer to the tracks, where TOSH heard the shots from. If you look carefully at this photo it is easy to imagine that someone placed here could have a very clear idea of where shots had originated from due to their sound....the fact that TOSH and SERGIO split by dodging over the tracks points to his veracity and the plausibility of a TRIPLE OVERPASS south knoll gunman.....remember this photo is not the POINT OF VIEW of the south knoll shooter , he was far to the camera's left and he looked into the Limousine straight ahead on....which explains a left forehead entry wound, repaired by john liggett, and a right rear exit wound, seen by the Parkland Hospital witnesses....

great slide pete rose

Edited by Shanet Clark

Thanks, Terry.

It's a perspective that is not often seen. You said that Dealey Plaza was smaller than expected and I have heard this from many others.

I guess I'm wondering why Tosh chose this side of the Plaza when all the action was on the other.

James

James.

I am having trouble corrolating that image:

Does this photo below look like the position where i have marked the (X) I am only going by the path, and the fact that there is a tree overhanging to the left of the image. ?

south_plaza.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Yes the Plaza is smaller than what most people think it is. I was in the Plaza around 1985-86 and that is one of the things that conviced me that it was more than a one man job. You can talk about timing and where the car was at the time of the shots, but like Terri said you have to go there and walk it to really see and help you understand the lay out.

Robin it looks like you have the position pretty well pegged. If you look in the forground which is at the bottom of the photo you can see the sidewalk that runs down to the steps and then to the sidewalk that runs along Commerce St.

Great pic !!!!!

Mike

Does this photo below look like the position where i have marked the (X) I am only going by the path, and the fact that there is a tree overhanging to the left of the image. ? (Robin Unger)

Hi Robin,

I agree with Mike, that you have the position pretty well pegged.

James

Does this photo below look like the position where i have marked the (X) I am only going by the path, and the fact that there is a tree overhanging to the left of the image. ? (Robin Unger)

Hi Robin,

James

James/Mike

Thanks for that.

This is an image that lee sent me.

plaza.jpeg

Hi Robin,

James

James/Mike

Thanks for that.

This is another image i have a hard time corrolating.

What is the wall to the right of the image, and why can't i see main st in between this camera position and elm st

3484.jpg

Robin,  Behind wall is the 'unnamed road' that runs past the TSBD.  It contains a path that runs from near the corner of Elm and Houston to the pergola shelter.

OK now i get it, i thought the camera position was near the south pergola, but it isn't.

It is up at the east end near the wall by the pool, directly across from the TSBD.

Edited by Robin Unger

Hi Robin,

James

James/Mike

Thanks for that.

This is an image that lee sent me.

plaza.jpeg

Robin,

I would be more apt to pick the blue square as the position Tosh most recently described to us. Thank Lee for that one for me.

Ter