The Education Forum

Familiar Faces in Dealey Plaza?

Tim Gratz

I recently came across a speaker's burea web-site with many types of speakers/entertainers. One category was celebrity look-alikes.... One must admit a remarkable similarity between these entertainers and the celebrities. If the Richard Gere look-alike had been photographed in DP, many sure would have thought Gere was there. I do not place much stock in trying to match photographs.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently came across a speaker's burea web-site with many types of speakers/entertainers. One category was celebrity look-alikes.... One must admit a remarkable similarity between these entertainers and the celebrities. If the Richard Gere look-alike had been photographed in DP, many sure would have thought Gere was there. I do not place much stock in trying to match photographs.

This is silly, and completely misses the significance of possible look-alikes in DP. If such good matches for Lucien Conein, James McCord and E. Howard Hunt were planted in DP, that would be as significant a proof of conspiracy as those actual persons being present. But since a whole thread was started for this, I will take the opportunity to reassert a look-alike identification for which I've yet to obtain any positive response: Guillermo Novo, supposed participant in the Miami to Dallas caravan.

T.C.

I am not sure why it is "silly" to point out that people do have look-alikes.

Perhaps it is Tim's point (I know it is a point Ron has made) that the presence of several people who look like prominent CIA officials or anti-Castro exiles minimizes the possibility that it is simply a case of mistaken identity.

But while I see the possible resemblance that Tim C is pointing out to Guillermo Novo, I certainly would not want to bet even the least useful item of my anatomy on it. It also further complicates matters when one tries to compare photos taken years apart and then determine if it is the same individual in each photograph.

My other point is: where does the speculation on possible get-alikes in Dealey Plaza get us? It is certainly not strong enough evidence to reverse what some feel is the verdict of history (the WC report--of course I think the verdict of history, absent further developments, should be the determination of the HSCA).

Edited by Tim Gratz

Correct me if I'm wrong, Tim, but I think you were mearly pointing out that just because there appears to be certain people in certain DP photos, it ain't necessarily so. I don't think you were suggesting that they were planted.

I'm afraid much of this photo interpretation leves me cold - I just don't see what some researchers claim.

Regards to all

Russell

Edited by Russell Kent

Russell:

That was exactly my point.

I think there are far more productive ways to spend research time.

The photographic interpretation will never prove anything nor will it lead to the discovery of other information that might. At least in my opinion.

I recently came across a speaker's burea web-site with many types of speakers/entertainers.

One category was celebrity look-alikes.

See the link below:

http://www.barberusa.com/looklike.htm

One must admit a remarkable similarity between these entertainers and the celebrities.

If the Richard Gere look-alike had been photographed in DP, many sure would have thought Gere was there.

I do not place much stock in trying to match photographs.

P.S. Scan the web-site of this agency. The variety of speakers it represents from different political persuasions is quite interesting.

dgh01: Who said DP "look alikes" were, in fact, LOOK ALIKES? I've heard they were the real deal, you wishin and a hopin again? :)

DGH

'Russell Kent' wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, Tim, but I think you were mearly pointing out that just because there appears to be certain people in certain DP photos, it ain't necessarily so. I don't think you were suggesting that they were planted.

I'm afraid much of this photo interpretation leves me cold - I just don't see what some researchers claim.

dgh01: then sidle up to the stove -- you don't know what your missin!

Regards to all

Russell

Edited by David G. Healy

dgh wrote:

Who said DP "look alikes" were, in fact, LOOK ALIKES? I've heard they were the real deal, you wishin and a hopin again

Well, gee, David. I wonder who told you THAT?

This is kind of important stuff. Care to share who you believe was in DP on November 22nd, as well as the basis for your belief?

Edited by Tim Gratz

There are two things I'm sure of based on photographic evidence.

Rip Robertson was in Dealey Plaza . . .

robertsonlook.jpg

. . . and Mary Moorman was a babe.

marymoorman_Small.jpg

But Ron did you look at the celebrity look-alikes? I think the Cher look alike looks as much like Cher as the man standing at the corner looks like Robertson. And one or two of the other look alikes were as close.

I do agree with you re Moorman, though.

Tim,

This has been discussed before. It's not just a question of a striking Robertson lookalike on the corner. There are also striking Conein and Pakse Base Man lookalikes on the same corner. Lookalikes of three CIA colleagues who no doubt knew each other.

By analogy, if someone who looks just like Cher is standing on a corner, so what? But if standing on that same corner are two men who look just like Sonny Bono and Greg Allman, don't try to tell me that these are just lookalikes of three colleagues who knew each other (Cher and two former husbands) standing there on the same corner by coincidence. I will not buy it. Same with the spooks at Main and Houston.

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

Ron, I know you made that point before and your analogy was excellent. The problem that I see is that the Robertson look-alike is the closest resemblance of all of the "familiar faces in Dealey Plaza".

So I think your analogy is less persuasive if the men standing next to the lady who looks like Cher undefined look like Bono and Allman.

I think the Conein look-alike looks less like Conein than the Robertson look alike loooks like Robertson. So it becomes a "bootstraps" operation.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Okay, leave out Conein. That still leaves Rip and PBM. Leave out Allman, that still leaves Sonny and Cher. It could be no coincidence in either case. If I were a statistician I would try to prove it, but I'm not and can't.

dgh wrote:

Who said DP "look alikes" were, in fact, LOOK ALIKES? I've heard they were the real deal, you wishin and a hopin again

Well, gee, David. I wonder who told you THAT?

This is kind of important stuff. Care to share who you believe was in DP on November 22nd, as well as the basis for your belief?

the longer I ponder the more I'm sure -- who WASN'T in Dealey Plaza, 'I' wasn't in Dealey Plaza that day, I was in Saigon... as for the rest of the cast of characters we've all come to know and love -- I'll go with those that have worked the question, the few who post here...

In other words, you cannot substantiate what you posted, to-wit:

"Who said DP "look alikes" were, in fact, LOOK ALIKES? I've heard they were the real deal, you wishin and a hopin again"

Maybe if you provide us with a list of those who you are sure were not in DP, we can concentrate our research on the millions you have not excluded.

Edited by Tim Gratz

In other words, you cannot substantiate what you posted, to-wit:

"Who said DP "look alikes" were, in fact, LOOK ALIKES? I've heard they were the real deal, you wishin and a hopin again"

Maybe if you provide us with a list of those who you are sure were not in DP, we can concentrate our research on the millions you have not excluded.

Tim,

Just because you've found a particular "Speaker's Bureau" which employs a few people who strongly resemble certain celebrities doesn't necessarily mean that people are often running into "look alikes" of themselves (or of people that they know). I can remember only two times during my 35 years of "adult" life when someone has said to me, "OMG! You look a LOT like my friend/a particular movie star/whomever," and I would imagine that my experience along these lines is probably pretty much the same as everyone else's. So, given the probabilities I'm talking about here (ie, pretty damn low), I find it very suspicious that so many so-called "look alikes" of known assassination-minded CIA/Mafia/Anti-Castro Cubans just happen to be caught on film in Dealey Plaza around 12:30 on 11/22/63.

We're talking about people who bear uncanny resemblances to Rip Robertson, Conein, John O'Hare, Braden, E. H. Hunt, Izquierdo, McCord, Shackley (with dyed hair), etc etc etc in Dealy Plaza on 11/22/63. All things considered, the chances of so many "look alikes" of assassination-minded people being caught on film in such close proximity to each other at the time of the assassination or shortly afterwards is simply astronomical.

________________________________________ Edited by Thomas Graves