The Education Forum

Kenneth Lay: Another suspicious death?

Kenneth Lay died of a heart-attack yesterday. At the time Lay was waiting to hear what sentence he was to serve as a result of Enron scandal. If he got a bad deal, might he have revealed his close links to George Bush? The death was very convenient to the Bush administration. George’s dad had a good system of pardoning fellow rogues to keep them quiet. I am not sure George junior would have got away with that. As Lay could not be persuaded to commit suicide he had to have a heart attack instead. Given the news that appeared in the National Journal this week, Dick Cheney must be concerned about the state of his heart.

Lay had an interesting career. He started off in the oil industry in Texas. In 1965 he was appointed as an economist at Exxon. In 1972 Nixon appointed him under-secretary for energy (he lost office during the Watergate investigations.

His time in the Nixon administration enabled him to build up contacts within government. This enabled him to obtain senior posts with various energy companies in Texas. In 1985, Lay became chief executive of Enron and the rest is history.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenneth Lay died of a heart-attack yesterday. At the time Lay was waiting to hear what sentence he was to serve as a result of Enron scandal. If he got a bad deal, might he have revealed his close links to George Bush? The death was very convenient to the Bush administration. George’s dad had a good system of pardoning fellow rogues to keep them quiet. I am not sure George junior would have got away with that. As Lay could not be persuaded to commit suicide he had to have a heart attack instead. Given the news that appeared in the National Journal this week, Dick Cheney must be concerned about the state of his heart.

Lay had an interesting career. He started off in the oil industry in Texas. In 1965 he was appointed as an economist at Exxon. In 1972 Nixon appointed him under-secretary for energy (he lost office during the Watergate investigations.

His time in the Nixon administration enabled him to build up contacts within government. This enabled him to obtain senior posts with various energy companies in Texas. In 1985, Lay became chief executive of Enron and the rest is history.

The second I read of his death, my first thought was "how convenient." My second thought was "did he fake his death? I wonder if they'll show his body on TV like Zarqawi's?" My third thought was "maybe he was murdered." The next couple days should be interesting.

The second I read of his death, my first thought was "how convenient." My second thought was "did he fake his death? I wonder if they'll show his body on TV like Zarqawi's?" My third thought was "maybe he was murdered." The next couple days should be interesting.

I cannot add anything to the comment's expressed, except to say that in the 1960's the technology existed to perform a 'termination with prejudice' and make it appear to have been a 'heart attack.' One might shudder to think how far that technology has advanced in the succeeding years.

Given the news that appeared in the National Journal this week, Dick Cheney must be concerned about the state of his heart.

John,

What news was that?

Given the news that appeared in the National Journal this week, Dick Cheney must be concerned about the state of his heart.

John,

What news was that?

According to a report in this week’s National Journal, the special prosecutor, Patrick Fitzgerald, who is leading the investigation into the outing of the CIA agent, Valerie Plame, has discovered that George Bush directed Dick Cheney to take personal charge of a campaign to discredit former ambassador Joe Wilson. Bush apparently told Fitzgerald this during an interview in the Oval Office on 24th July 2004. Bush also admitted to Fitzgerald that he directed Cheney to disclose classified information to discredit Wilson. However, Bush claims he did not know anything about Cheney ordering Lewis “Scooter” Libby to covertly leak this classified information about Valerie Plame.

Is this headline news in the United States? If not, why not?

John,

Yes, that was in the news (to the extent that such things are "in the news" in America's mainstream corporate media). But the fact is that George Bush can't direct Dick Cheney to do anything unless Cheney wants to do it. So I'm not sure what is significant about the story except that Cheney apparently wasn't there at Bush's interview to hold his hand and answer questions for him.

Ron

Well, that didn't take long. Bush Derangement Syndrome claims some more willing victims. Was Ken Lay convicted of his crimes? Yes. Did he have a history of heart troubles? Yes. And how is dying "convenient"? He was headed to jail; the story was told and justice was served. He wasn't some witness who was rubbed out on the eve of important testimony. But for the haters, that isn't enough. You want Lay's sins to rub off on W. Too damn bad.

The diagnosis of his death as the result of a heart attack was given by a minister, not a doctor. No autopsy had been performed when the story broke.

Shortly after his death the wikipedia page on Lay said that he had committed suicide.

We shall have to await the result of the autopsy.

John

Please Google BUSH CRIME FAMILY.

Jack

Please Google JACK WHITE PHOTOGRAMMETRY

The diagnosis of his death as the result of a heart attack was given by a minister, not a doctor. No autopsy had been performed when the story broke.

Shortly after his death the wikipedia page on Lay said that he had committed suicide.

We shall have to await the result of the autopsy.

John

Wikipedia, eh? Now that's authoritative.

A drug allegedly used by the CIA to induce "heart attacks"

(according to the late Mary Ferrell) is called sodium morphate.

It is said to smell like apples, and is served to the victim in

a freshly baked apple pie. LBJ was said to be eating apple

pie when he died only in the presence of his SS man.

Wonder whether Lay ate any pie the other day when he died.

Jack

Well, that didn't take long. Bush Derangement Syndrome claims some more willing victims. Was Ken Lay convicted of his crimes? Yes. Did he have a history of heart troubles? Yes. And how is dying "convenient"? He was headed to jail; the story was told and justice was served. He wasn't some witness who was rubbed out on the eve of important testimony. But for the haters, that isn't enough. You want Lay's sins to rub off on W. Too damn bad.

You are not aware that the death of this man renders his guilty verdict null and void and leaves the enron employees, once again, holding the bag?

Brendon, you jump into subjects which you know little or nothing about, and, ultimately, your aim is to make others look silly and ignorant when you write your "words of wisdom".

Too bad that you wind up being the one who is made to look silly and ignorant.

How is dying convenient? LOL

Has justice truly been served? Of course not.

You need to open your eyes and ears and hopefully shut your mouth long enough to actually learn something.

I could care less about W.'s involvement or non-involvement....the bottom line is that Enron employees are, once again, back to square one and left without a pot to piss in.

Of course, the neo-con republicans don't give a squat about the working Joes who built this country.

So long as they have access to our HARD EARNED MONEY, which they can steal and convert to their own uses, we are just the cattle they feed off of.

Justice is something money buys...and we all know working Joes have just enough money to get by..the courts are effectively beyond our reach.

God, I despise the neo-con fascists who have usurped control of our country.

If this includes you, so be it.

You are not aware that the death of this man renders his guilty verdict null and void and leaves the enron employees, once again, holding the bag?

You don't think dying is a worse sentence than prison? Yikes.

Brendon, you jump into subjects which you know little or nothing about, and, ultimately, your aim is to make others look silly and ignorant when you write your "words of wisdom".

I'm silly? This whole thread is silly.

I could care less about W.'s involvement or non-involvement....the bottom line is that Enron employees are, once again, back to square one and left without a pot to piss in.

But that was their fate whether he lived or died. His death changes nothing.

God, I despise the neo-con fascists who have usurped control of our country.

If this includes you, so be it.

Yep, proudly spreading fascism since 1967.

A drug allegedly used by the CIA to induce "heart attacks"

(according to the late Mary Ferrell) is called sodium morphate.

Jack,

Thanks, I was trying to remember the name of that poison, which I think I read about in relation to the death of Hoover.

I Googled sodium morphate, and guess what, the first thing that popped up was John McAdams. He says it's a myth, references Gary Buell, and blames the whole thing on Judyth Baker:

Judyth’s treatment of scientific issues is pretty slipshod. For example, in one e-mail she asked rhetorically “I would like to see a list of people involved in this case who died of lung cancer, especially if they did not smoke, such as Jack Ruby. And how many heart attacks (sodium morphate).” She further explained to researcher Gary Buell that:

"Gary, David Ferrie told me about it. I actually believed at that time that there was nothing Dave did not know. In medical matters like this he described this as a method he could use to commit suicide and people would think it was a heart attack. There would be no way to discern it wasn’t a natural death."

Buell investigated this, and found that there is no such thing as “sodium morphate.” But if there is no such poison that can induce a heart attack, where did Judyth get this? Her apparent source is a crackpot conspiracy essay that appeared in 1975 titled “The Skeleton Key to the Gemstone File.” That document states that sodium morphate is “a favorite Mafia poison for centuries. Smells like apple pie, and is sometimes served up in one, as to J. Edgar Hoover. Sometimes in a pill or capsule. Symptoms: Lethargy, sleep, sometimes vomiting. Once ingested, there is a heart attack – and no trace is left in the body.” Thus a poison Ferrie supposedly told Judyth about in 1963 is nowhere in the medical literature, not part of crackpot conspiracy literature until 1975, but all over the internet by the time Judyth was sending out her e-mails circa 2000.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/judyth.htm