The Education Forum

For John Dolva

Gary Mack's opinions are his own and his job as an archivist of historical records is something totally different. One must understand the simple differences before believing they can undertake the vast amount of data that makes up the JFK assassination.

dgh: doesn't wash, Bill. Not 7 years ago, not today!

I can only speak from first hand experience of making an appointment and being allowed to look through the vast archive of scanned assassination images, getting details on how to apply for the use of films and photos, and inquiring as to who makes the decisions there at the Museum. You all can call a rock a tree (so to speak) but its really not what you say it is. Some of you like to make excuses for your own lack of research into the topics you discuss and that didn't wash 7 years ago, today, nor will it wash 7 years from now.

Bill

and inquiring as to who makes the decisions there at the Museum.

That's useful to know. Who does make the decisions? Gary?

Well, if we are talking about what Gary is going to have for lunch or where he is going to go to eat it, then he makes that decision of course. The guidelines for the Museum are set forth by a board of directors from what I recall. Gary can from time to time make suggestions, as anyone can do, but he does not dictate to the Museum what their policies are. If one would research the Gary Mack critics, then they would not have to look far to see that what these people are saying is simply not true. In fact, I asked Gary if Bernice has contacted him about obtaining any guidelines on how to obtain and use the assassination images stored there and he said , "No, she has not." There has been talk about this new 'Oswald's Ghost' film coming out and how it has scenes never before seen in it and who do you think is responsible for getting the news stations to turn that footage over to the Museum so the public, including researchers, could see it - Gary Mack is responsible for this. Groden had recently asked Mack why the Museum has not shown him the Skaggs photos and the reply Gary gave Robert was ... "You've never asked to see them." It's been a month now and Robert still has not asked to come in and see them.

The point is that the materials ARE THERE and CAN BE seen and/or used by researchers who wish to take the first steps in acquiring them.

Bill Miller

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Mack's opinions are his own and his job as an archivist of historical records is something totally different. One must understand the simple differences before believing they can undertake the vast amount of data that makes up the JFK assassination.

dgh: doesn't wash, Bill. Not 7 years ago, not today!

I can only speak from first hand experience of making an appointment and being allowed to look through the vast archive of scanned assassination images, getting details on how to apply for the use of films and photos, and inquiring as to who makes the decisions there at the Museum. You all can call a rock a tree (so to speak) but its really not what you say it is. Some of you like to make excuses for your own lack of research into the topics you discuss and that didn't wash 7 years ago, today, nor will it wash 7 years from now.

Bill

and inquiring as to who makes the decisions there at the Museum.

That's useful to know. Who does make the decisions? Gary?

Well, if we are talking about what Gary is going to have for lunch or where he is going to go to eat it, then he makes that decision of course. The guidelines for the Museum are set forth by a board of directors from what I recall. Gary can from time to time make suggestions, as anyone can do, but he does not dictate to the Museum what their policies are. If one would research the Gary Mack critics, then they would not have to look far to see that what these people are saying is simply not true. In fact, I asked Gary if Bernice has contacted him about obtaining any guidelines on how to obtain and use the assassination images stored there and he said , "No, she has not." There has been talk about this new 'Oswald's Ghost' film coming out and how it has scenes never before seen in it and who do you think is responsible for getting the news stations to turn that footage over to the Museum so the public, including researchers, could see it - Gary Mack is responsible for this. Groden had recently asked Mack why the Museum has not shown him the Skaggs photos and the reply Gary gave Robert was ... "You've never asked to see them." It's been a month now and Robert still has not asked to come in and see them.

The point is that the materials ARE THERE and CAN BE seen and/or used by researchers who wish to take the first steps in acquiring them.

Bill Miller

As Auda abu Tayi said: "I am a river to my people!"

Who in Dallas wants to mosey on down Dealey way for a looky see some Skaggs? Heard Marshall Mack's a fair man.

Gary Mack corrected a remark I made concerning who makes the policy at the Museum. I am sure that Gary will not mind my sharing that correction with this forum.

"Bill,

The Museum's Director and department heads establish Museum policies, not the Board.

The Board supervises the business operation.

Gary"

• 4 weeks later...