The Education Forum

For John Dolva

Robin,

Lee certainly gets around doesn't he?

If anyone is in Dealey Plaza and sees someone crawling around the bushes or hanging off a building, go up and say hello, it is probably Lee Forman.

Those photos Lee took around the Plaza are an incredible resource especially to those of us who have never had the pleasure to visit.

James

Hi James.

Yes i couldn't agree more.

Lee is a legend. :rolleyes:

Another one of his pics.

10734.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments.

A recent image taken by Lee Forman of the corner of the fence where it attaches to the overpass

John.

This may give you a better look at the track and track bed as it is today, also a nice shot of the other side of the underpass, as it is rarely seen in photo's from this position.

10733.jpg

Yes, you can see the propinquity. One of the balustrade spectators, hearing the report from behind the fence, would have looked to his left, and, after a pause, would have noticed a rifle sailing through the air. He might have strolled over to the switch box to ask a man stooped over a bag: Howdy, stranger, what cha got thar? Pop gun?

Many thanks Robin, for sharing.

Lee's many photo's from many locations, often attempting to duplicate photo positions of the day plus supplementing with many otherwise undocumented areas are very helpful. I'd like to see the lay of the tracks on the southern side. A comprehensive collection with all these photos + addition of many other otherwise unknown locations* from and of otherwise neglected areas/biuldings could form a valuable CD perhaps available through Lancer publication? Or hosted in full by someone?

*eg from the top of the PO, from Tosh's position, from 'Old Red' etc.

Hi Miles.

Original full size image on my website as downloaded from Corbis.

train_tracks.jpg

Hey, Robin,

Seen this photo below anywhere? :lol:

train_tracks2.jpg

This crop below seems to show the difficulty of swift movement down along the picket fence, close to the fence (with rifle in hand). The cars are blocking passage down that route. Therefore, a Hoffman sniper would have had to have proceeded down a path which would have run parallel to the fence at about one car length distance from the fence. Thus, he is exposed & in grave danger as he heads toward the steam pipe for the toss. Plus, where does he go after the toss? If he heads back toward the pergola, as Ed asserts, then he is nabbed. Where does he go? :huh: [Corbis rules.]

train_tracks3.jpg

With regards to the B/W 11/23/63 posted aerial.

The 'white things' seem to me to be part of the mechanisms for the switching of tracks. If one looks closely at the ones on the overpass itself, they seem at a uniform distance from the tracks.

In the area where Tosh would have rounded the ballustrade to cross the tracks this distance seems to be less. What this says to me is that they are at the same horizontal distance away from the track, but because the ground leve is lower than on the overpass, they look like they are closer to the track. IE. the apparent darker stripe along the track in this area is a shadowed raised bed for the track. ie. Tosh was correct in seeing the track raised.

My understanding is that some of the things that Tosh said were discounted because there was no supporting imagery, so it was his word against what one could see in the imagery of the day. Such as the handrail, which again this photo shows there was none, as Tosh said, but because the cropped Cancellare seemed to show there was one,a number of people took Tosh as a xxxx. What strikes me is that a number of things that Tosh had to say turn out to be correct and one would have had to be there to know those things.

What is now missing which I strongly believes exist and should be released is the full uncropped lossless Cancellare.

John :

You may be interested in these photos taken in 1980, I believe by Ken Rahn.....

they show the lay of the tracks..and some of the far southern corner....

A friend who visited Dealey Plaza, told me that at the far south end of the overpass,

there is a path, of sorts, that drops, down on a slant with the lay of the land.

..The path then proceeded down leading to the parking lot....But it was concealed by all at that

far south corner, or was..this was some time ago.....

..and one from the south side..in that general area..

..Perhaps others have been in that area..?

FWIW..

B

Edited by Bernice Moore

OK, Thank you Bernice, this shows there is an obvious change in elevation between the rail tracks and the parking lot behind the guy in the red shirt, while on the overpass itself it's level. Gary AND Tosh are correct. However without this far south end imagery and only with what Gary says, it casts doubt on Tosh. Not fair. Again, thank you, Bernice

Edited by John Dolva

Here is Tosh's approximate view, that day, I believe he agreed when first posted, some time back.

On this Forum..

The other Cancellare photos are his markings, posted many years ago now, on another

froum....

Made as I understood at the time, where he and Sergio were approximately..

..that day..one only circled and one enlargement not marked ..

Again FWTW...for your studies....

B.

Edited by Bernice Moore

John:

I believe you mentioned a railing......is this, across the road, to the left of the tree what you

refer to, if so, is it not the truck pipe exhaust attached to such..sticking up ??

If that is what you mention? and the line to the left of that would be the truck roof.....??

Here is the full Cancellare..

B..

Edited by Bernice Moore

John:

I believe you mentioned a railing......is this, across the road, to the left of the tree what you

refer to, if so, is it not the truck pipe exhaust attached to such..sticking up ??

If that is what you mention? and the line to the left of that would be the truck roof.....??

B..

Berice, once more, thank you.

The upright is a street sign on the middle of the Plaza, the horizontal line next to it is the top surface (sunlit) of the steps landing between series of steps leading to the southern collonade.

The rail in question is a diagonal line in the shadows to the right of this. I'll find it and post later. It's roundabout where the 'two objects' arrow points at. There are better resolution copies that show it as a straight line with shadows on the underside as one would expect a handrail to be like. However, various photos since, posted by Robin, one contemporary, shows there was no hand rail.

It's apparent existence did get Tosh into some disrepute and it's only recently now that imagery has come to light to show his statement of there being no handrail there shows he was right all along about this. So, I think he deserves a reappraisal. This is important in relation to him being an ear-eye witness.

These things are for me an example of skepticism is good, but change of mind or shift in position, in the light of definitives go hand in hand. The full cancellare is still only low res and inconclusive, the best copies has the relevant areas cropped off.

I am absolutely certain full res. uncropped Cancellare exists and should be made available to the research community.

Edited by John Dolva

John:

B..

Thanks for all the input, this is becoming a very good thread.

Lots of co-operation from everyone concerned.

I tried to purchase this image below from Corbis in the same LARGE resolution as the original pic i posted.

Unfortunately they did not have the image in that size resolution.

Bummer :huh:

Edited by Robin Unger

John:

B..

I tried to purchase this image below from Corbis in the same LARGE resolution as the original pic i posted.

Robin, your generosity in this is, I don't know what to say, humbling, admirable etc. The maintenance of your website* and its value as a resource is great. It makes me wonder whether somehow a fund of some sort could be established, perhaps a trust administered by Lancer, which could provide funds to approved people to purchase, when there is no other way available, imagery and films so that they could then become freely available to exeryone.

* http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri2/

John:

B..

Robin, your generosity in this is, I don't know what to say, humbling, admirable etc. The maintenance of your website* and its value as a resource is great. It makes me wonder whether somehow a fund of some sort could be established, perhaps a trust administered by Lancer, which could provide funds to approved people to purchase, when there is no other way available, imagery and films so that they could then become freely available to exeryone.

* http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri2/

Thanks very much john.

I appreciate the comments.

When i first joined the assassination forums 5-years ago there were very few image resources online.

McAdams photo page and a couple of others and that was it.

That was when i made up my mind that this resource had to made available to researchers to study, i have been updating my webpage with better resolution images as i find them ever since.

Credit also to Gerhard Eger, his webpage with it's INDEXED photo's, is a great rescource.