The Education Forum

Good News in Iraq

Tim Gratz

Guest Stephen Turner
Plus, I have an aversion to gunfire.

As, apparantly, does your President. Just stay in the green zone Tim, all you have to worry about their is "friendly fire"

Tim,

Do you think that your father or you would have volunteered if he or you knew that FDR had foreknowledge of Pearl Harbor (hypothetically speaking, of course) and let America be attacked?

Ron

I'm a pacifist at heart.

But my father volunteered for WWII and I would have as well (I certainly hope).

My father also volunteered for WW2. He was right to do so, but the same could not be said for every war since.

John,

My father volunteered for WW2 as well. He was highly decorated for gunshot wounds as well as heroism (three purple hearts, a bronze and silver star). I was on a college deferment when Nixon created the lottery. I was in the first drawing. When I came in from the local Community College the day of the drawing, my father had my number (279) written down. He said, " Son, you don't have to go, they are only taking up to Number 125." And, without taking a breath, he also said " Although I do not agree with this war, if your birth date was pulled you would have gone." This was the American patriot that was my father. He died as a direct result of that war at the age of fifty-one. It is my opinion that he was exposed to chemical warfare used by our own military.

Terry