The Education Forum

Hammer Man and Crew

Don Bailey

In the Croft 3 photo you can see four people in the crowd... three are sitting on the wall and one person standing behind the wall. The man behind the wall is holding up an ok hand signal, the man in front of him is holding a large wooden mallet or a novelty gavel. Would this possibly be a signal for the shooters? Was it meant to show JFK that judgment has been passed on him and his sentence is death? Or both? Although there was construction in the area at the time, I do not know of any job that would require a large wooden hammer unless there was a carnival in the area.

Were any of the four people ever identified?

Don

post-5824-1195110221_thumb.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cup or a mug that large would hold a half of gallon or more of liquid. It's almost as big as the hat of the man sitting next to him. The shadow of the mallet's handle is seen on the man's shirt below the shadow of his arm.

Tim, it's also ridiculous to think that a man with an open umbrella would be signaling the shooters. But the photographs show he was there pumping his umbrella up and down at the time of the shots.

Again, is there any record to identify these four people?

Don

Don:

I do not think you can see what you call the mallets handle in the black and

white original, also I believe there are a few other discrepancys....that can be seen.

I am thinking that it could very well be, when coloured, a few leniencys were taken..

Once touched in such a way they are really never the same, what do you think

after comparing both..?

B....

A cup or a mug that large would hold a half of gallon or more of liquid. It's almost as big as the hat of the man sitting next to him. The shadow of the mallet's handle is seen on the man's shirt below the shadow of his arm.

My back is killing me this morning ... I could use what ever you are taking. I have a travel mug as big as what the man is holding and I just shake my head when you say something about how it is too big. And the shadow remark ... you cannot be serious.

Edited by Bill Miller

To Don B:

If the conspirators had their wits about them, and they evidently did, they would certainly not use someone as visible as the UM and if they were going to use someone standing in DP they certainly could have figured out a signal less noticeable than pumping an umbrella open and shut--don't you think? If there were spotters with the shooters the spotters could even have used binoculars to observe the crowd.

The fellow immediately to Mug Man's right seems to be holding ...

wait for it ...

a cannister vacuum cleaner!

Was it a message from ...

wait for it ...

HOOVER???

Look, you shouldn't take this the wrong way. There is every sound reason to understand the roles of Umbrella Man and White Windbreaker Man (why his flatulance enters into this discussion is beyond me) as redundant signalers (in the event of radio problems).

But there are limits.

Except, of course, to humor.

Charles

Don:

I do not think you can see what you call the mallets handle in the black and

white original, also I believe there are a few other discrepancys....that can be seen.

I am thinking that it could very well be, when coloured, a few leniencys were taken..

Once touched in such a way they are really never the same, what do you think

after comparing both..?

B....

Bernice,

The B&W picture shows a nice frosty mug of beer compared to the color version... the two pictures do not match. Compare the lighting of the mug.

Don