The Education Forum

Hammer Man and Crew

Don Bailey

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack,

The black splotch in front of the woman has always been a mystery to me... the Croft 3 photo shows many imperfections and raises the possibility of alteration.

Miles, the hat you see on Mallet Man in the Towner film is a brown line over his eyes that makes him appear to be wearing a hat... the same brown line is on the man that is sitting next to him.

In the Towner film, Mallet Man's raises his arm and is NOT waving the object... he is lifting the object up. (If this was a cup the liquid in it would have spilled out before he raised his arm... look at the angle of his arm.

Don

Now I am getting paranoid.

Does Hammer Man look a little like Milteer?

Tim - I'll take 'Mallet Man' for Milteer over the other choice on Houston any day. BTW, there is already a 'Hammer Man' -- this is the individual so named [by Jack White?] walking across Elm during the aftermath with an actual hammer in his hand.

Also, interestingly enough, one of the individuals seen here is possibly New Orleans business owner F Lee Mudd.

- lee

Tim - I'll take 'Mallet Man' for Milteer over the other choice on Houston any day. BTW, there is already a 'Hammer Man' -- this is the individual so named [by Jack White?] walking across Elm during the aftermath with an actual hammer in his hand.

Also, interestingly enough, one of the individuals seen here is possibly New Orleans business owner F Lee Mudd.

- lee

Well Lee - there can never be enough hammer men - you know ... just in case the rifles didn't do the job! Although I would think that the alterationist would have removed all the hammers from the assassination images.

- lee

Well Lee - there can never be enough hammer men - you know ... just in case the rifles didn't do the job! Although I would think that the alterationist would have removed all the hammers from the assassination images.

Hey Bill.

Mainly the alterators seem to have removed people [and sometimes you have to wonder as to whom it was that would have been providing guidance] -however I believe some photos slipped through anyway to the dismay of many -- hammers seem to have been okay. The original 'Hammer man.' Not a good copy - I know I have a better one but no clue where it is. Not important anyway.

BTW - not convinced myself in the 'mallet' concept. More likely a hat. I would image someone raising a mallet would have been noticed by an eye witness - but open to it.

- lee

- lee

Yes, Lee...I named HAMMERMAN the guy crossing Elm Street carrying a hammer

in front of a crowd of people. I could also have called him GLOVEMAN, as he is

wearing a glove on one hand. Mary Ferrell tracked him down as being a plate glass

window installer for Ajax Glass Company, located just past the triple underpass.

I will go with MALLETMAN for the Croft guy, because it does look like a large mallet.

And you are correct..he does resemble Milteer.

Jack

From the Altgens 6 photo you can see:

The head of OK Man now wearing a hat and looking towards the County Records building.

The shirt of Mallet Man with no visible arms or head.

The extended arm of Hat Tip Man with his hat still in his hand.

Again I ask, were these people ever identified?

Don

Edited by Don Bailey

From the Altgens 6 photo you can see:

The head of OK Man now wearing a hat and looking towards the County Records building.

The shirt of Mallet Man with no visible arms or head.

The extended arm of Hat Tip Man with his hat still in his hand.

Again I ask, were these people ever identified?

Don

Answer - no. Have a look - none of these people have been identified, or provided available documented info. Don Roberdeau has the black looking individual on his plat as F Lee Mudd for reasons unknown. F Lee Mudd was a business owner from Shreveport, LA, up on a Dallas visit to purchase clothing for his store and decided to watch the motorcade. I sort of doubt that this is he.

Ignore the inset - after examining a lot of high res and good quality Croft photos [thanks Alan Healy, Robin Unger and others], came to the conclusion that there was no one behind the wall in that location [5 & 6]. Still gives you the idea of the problem. Some 20 eye witnesses with the best seat in the house - and no one ever managed to get their accounts or learn who they were...

Mark Oakes may know more - if anyone has contact info for him, let me know - I'd really like to ask him. You can also examine Don's plat - a very useful and powerful dynamic tool for such research purposes.

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

- lee

Edited by Lee Forman