The Education Forum

On Zapruder's pedestal!

I v just found this:

"On Zapruder's Pedestal":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W6lzVhkBmH0&feature=related

"Z-Film Wide":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1G_Zxup7esU

The wall in the background compared to the seize of the cars on elm is two times higher in the Z-film, than it is in the non- manipulated film of DP, taken by someone "On Zapruder's Pedestal." !

Open and belittle both Y- Tube videos. And compare the clips, (by stop and go. )

To me it seems, that the wall in the Z -film got a much higher (unnatural)"Zoom-In" than the Lincoln(and it's passengers) on elm, which indicates that the Z-film was made out of at last two different copies. (With two different Zooms.)

Maybe this discovery was made before.

To me that is new and it shows a very obvious and bearish manipulation of the Z- film.

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

To me it seems, that the wall in the Z -film got a much higher (unnatural)"Zoom-In" than the Lincoln(and it's passengers) on elm, which indicates that the Z-film was made out of at last two different copies. (With two different Zooms.)

Karl - different zooms - different lenses makes the difference. The camera used in the first video has a far wider field of view. Look at the train car in the Nix film - its huge due to the way the lens magnified it. From a cursory glance at the two films - a few adjustments and they could be made to overlay IMO.

Bill

Karl - different zooms - different lenses makes the difference. The camera used in the first video has a far wider field of view. Look at the train car in the Nix film - its huge due to the way the lens magnified it. From a cursory glance at the two films - a few adjustments and they could be made to overlay IMO.

Bill

isn't that called "altering" film? For our viewing pleasure of course

isn't that called "altering" film? For our viewing pleasure of course

No - it is called "resizing" one image to fit another image of the same, but different sized.

yep, resizing = altering a image OR film clip...... gott'a be honest here, Bill!