The Education Forum

The Ed Lansdale lookalike In the 3 tramps pic

Guest Duncan MacRae

How come nobody can come up with a photo of Doyle from 1963, or at least that era?

Bk

Around the time of the Assassination, three guys are seen entering a rail car at a site immediately adjacent to the site of the assassination. That same area (the rail yard) is believed by many of the eye-witnesses to be the origin of one or more of the shots that hit the President.

The DPD officers apprehend the suspects and take them in for questioning.

The suspects have no alibi for being at the murder scene, unless one considers " just passing through" as sufficient proof of innocence.

No mug shots taken, and the suspects are quickly released.

Some nifty Police work by the DPD.

Have any school photos of Doyle, Gedney or Abrams ever surfaced?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replies in bold

Around the time of the Assassination, three guys are seen entering a rail car at a site immediately adjacent to the site of the assassination.

False...No one reported seeing three guys entering a rail car around the time of the assassination.

That same area (the rail yard) is believed by many of the eye-witnesses to be the origin of one or more of the shots that hit the President.

Believing something is not a fact.

False, they were arrested on suspicion of vagrancy

The suspects have no alibi for being at the murder scene, unless one considers " just passing through" as sufficient proof of innocence.

False, they had each other as alibi's.

No mug shots taken,

How do you know that? Please site the source that confirms that no mug shots were taken.

and the suspects are quickly released.

False. They were not released until 4 days after the assassination.

Duncan, my response below to your FALSE items above.

FBI Statement of 3/6/1992

Dallas Patrolman Marvin L. Wise

excerpt from his statement in which he details his actions after getting to the TSBD. Wise and 3 other officers are directed to the control tower in the rail yard to interview Bowers.

" … WISE went over to the tower which was located just to the west of the Book Depository and talked to the individual who was stationed in the control tower. Wise could not recall his name.

The controller told WISE that he had seen three men running down the tracks several hundred yards from the control tower. WISE was told that the three men climbed into a coal car. When WISE asked which car, the man told him that he would send an engine along with them to provide the exact location of the car. …"

On Page 6 of that same statement by Patrolman Wise:

" … WISE explained to several other officers that he had been assigned to bring the three up to Homicide for interview purposes …"

This was after the 3 men had already been interviewed in Fritz's office.

Interestingly, the arrest reports list Chambers as the arresting officer.

When Wise later learns of the "discovery " of the reports, he does not understand why Chambers is listed as the arresting officer. Wise can only speculate that Chambers must have interviewed the 3 men at some point and put his own name down as the arresting Officer.

Nowhere in the Wise report is their any mention of mug shots of the 3 men being taken by the DPD. There are however numerous references to the photos of the 3 tramps taken by photographers in Dealey Plaza when the men are being taken into custody.

There is also an FBI Report on William E. Chambers. Chambers acknowledges that he interviewed the 3 Tramps.

After viewing the photos Chambers could only say the second suspect (Gedney) looked familiar to him. He goes on to say that Doyle "did not look right" to him, and this person did not look to be a "typical hobo".

There's more. Chambers was uncertain as to why he had listed investigation for CountyVagrancy and Robbery as the charge . He is also uncertain about why he is listed as the arresting Officer,and could not recall filling out the arrest report.

All of this info and more is taken from the 3 FBI reports which can be found here:

http://jfkassassinat...124-10179-10310

There is enough in those documents to give me pause concerning the provenance of the arrest reports of the "3 Tramps".

Replies in bold

Around the time of the Assassination, three guys are seen entering a rail car at a site immediately adjacent to the site of the assassination.

False...No one reported seeing three guys entering a rail car around the time of the assassination.

That same area (the rail yard) is believed by many of the eye-witnesses to be the origin of one or more of the shots that hit the President.

Believing something is not a fact.

False, they were arrested on suspicion of vagrancy

THe Dallas police investigation was a phoney, which is the FIRST STEP

in this inquiry. Lee Oswald did not shoot Tippit or JFK.

The guys arrested in the railroad cars

are much better suspects

but there was never a REAL investigation.

So here we are today.....

Richard, If you can show me the official 1963 record of this report and not some file created almost 30 years later I would be interested in seeing it.

Me too.

I have had limited time lately but I briefly searched to see if I could locate requests for the arrest reports. It appears the WC was not interested in any details about the 3 tramps. I know Garrison was very much interested, but I have not been able to locate an actual request for the arrest records for the NO investigation. Perhaps there is someone out there who can chip in.

It does not help that the Dallas Records Division waited until 1992 to release the reports.

For the time being, we are left with Wise, Chambers and the FBI all agreeing that Chambers was not the arresting officer, and Chambers having no memory of writing the arrest reports.

Richard, If you can show me the official 1963 record of this report and not some file created almost 30 years later I would be interested in seeing it.

Me too.

I have had limited time lately but I briefly searched to see if I could locate requests for the arrest reports. It appears the WC was not interested in any details about the 3 tramps. I know Garrison was very much interested, but I have not been able to locate an actual request for the arrest records for the NO investigation. Perhaps there is someone out there who can chip in.

It does not help that the Dallas Records Division waited until 1992 to release the reports.

For the time being, we are left with Wise, Chambers and the FBI all agreeing that Chambers was not the arresting officer, and Chambers having no memory of writing the arrest reports.

It's hard for me to imagine three real tramps being arrested for "suspicion of vagrancy" on that particular day, in that particular city, in that particular location (in a certain boxcar containing explosives; why wasn't that boxcar LOCKED UP? Hmmm...) on a freight train that just happened to have started "pulling out" shortly after the assassination. I might be wrong on the train's having already started pulling out, but I think I read that somewhere LOL. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

--Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves