The Education Forum

The Ed Lansdale lookalike In the 3 tramps pic

Guest Duncan MacRae

The Lansdale figure walking past the tramps still looks more like Maxwell Taylor to me. And I still don't understand why Prouty and Krulak, who knew both men, would not comment in any way on that instead of expressing the unqualified certainty that the figure is Lansdale. Taylor and Lansdale both had a stooped shoulder, both had a ring, and the figure seems to have wavy hair that Taylor had and Lansdale did not. I have a suspicion that Prouty and Krulak were deliberately ignoring Taylor in their exchange, but that's just a suspicion. They're all dead and we'll never know.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lansdale figure walking past the tramps still looks more like Maxwell Taylor to me. And I still don't understand why Prouty and Krulak, who knew both men, would not comment in any way on that instead of expressing the unqualified certainty that the figure is Lansdale. Taylor and Lansdale both had a stooped shoulder, both had a ring, and the figure seems to have wavy hair that Taylor had and Lansdale did not. I have a suspicion that Prouty and Krulak were deliberately ignoring Taylor in their exchange, but that's just a suspicion. They're all dead and we'll never know.

Supposition is sometimes useful and sometimes it is not, Ron. Prouty was not a big fan of Maxwell Taylor. He did write extensively about how much Taylor and Bobby Kennedy had grown close. But, Prouty was not at all convinced that Taylor was without blemish. He told me so on several occasions and he did not speak very highly of him.

Moreover, Maxwell Taylor's whereabouts at the time of the assassination are known. He was at the Pentagon. Granted there are inconsistencies regarding how McNamara came to know about the assassination, etc., namely he didn't recall Taylor buzzing him with the news. But, are you suggesting that Taylor was not even at the Pentagon at all--and was instead in Dallas?

Edited by Greg Burnham

Moreover, Maxwell Taylor's whereabouts at the time of the assassination are known. He was at the Pentagon. Granted there are inconsistencies regarding how McNamara came to know about the assassination, etc., namely he didn't recall Taylor buzzing him with the news. But, are you suggesting that Taylor was not even at the Pentagon at all--and was instead in Dallas?

The official story of Taylor being at the Pentagon could be a cover story. He and the other joint chiefs were supposedly in a meeting with West German officials, a meeting which proceeded even after news of the assassination. (Interestingly, routine meetings at the Pentagon, held by Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz, proceeded after they knew America was being attacked on 9/11 -- till the Pentagon itself was hit, in the safest spot possible. I guess this "well, there's nothing we can do" approach is standard procedure during covert slaughters like Dallas and 9/11.) But we know for a fact that Curtis LeMay was not at the Pentagon for any such meeting on 11/22/63. Also, no one there told McNamara (by his own account) about the shooting. He got the news in a phone call from RFK. Taylor ostensibly accompanied RFK to Andrews for arrival of the body, but he is not seen in any photos there. Even so, he could have gotten back in time from Dallas (I'm sure he could catch a military jet ride), if he was at Andrews.

I have no doubt that the military was prepared for an overt coup d'etat that day if things went badly in Dallas. The possibility of such a coup was why almost the entire Cabinet was in a plane over the Pacific Ocean at the time of the assassination. With such a possibility existing, it would make sense to have some top brass on the ground in Dallas. Someone there might need to make an on-the-spot decision as to whether to ditch the Constitution or not.

A good research project for someone with the means would be to find someone still alive who was at the Pentagon that day. Krulak was there, and I tried to ask him by mail about that day at the Pentagon (particularly wanting to know, in a round-about way, if Taylor was there). But his son replied to me that Krulak was in no condition mentally to answer such questions.

Well gosh, Ron, I don't suppose there could possibly be an honest, plausible explanation as to why Prouty and Krulak failed to mention Taylor as a possible candidate (is that redundant? lol) as the dude walking past the "hobos." Did anyone ever ask them if they thought it might be Taylor? Maybe not. If no one asked them that question, then is it possible that the "dude" looked so much more like Lansdale than Taylor to them that the thought never entered their mind that it was, indeed, Taylor? Hmmm... Nah, it must have been a conspiracy. lol BTW, I'm sorry I couldn't get my dad to ask "Brute" this question. Lord knows I tried.

--Thomas (AKA Tommy O'Pepper)

Edited by Thomas Graves

If no one asked them that question, then is it possible that the "dude" looked so much more like Lansdale than Taylor to them that the thought never entered their mind that it was, indeed, Taylor?

I stated my suspicion and have no way of knowing. I therefore cannot answer your question. I did not know Lansdale nor Taylor. All I know is what I see in the DP photo and in photos of Lansdale and Taylor.

I also know that in the event of a military coup d'etat, Taylor had more reason to be in Dallas than Lansdale did, since Lansdale was retired from the military and (we're supposed to believe) just happened to be passing through.

If no one asked them that question, then is it possible that the "dude" looked so much more like Lansdale than Taylor to them that the thought never entered their mind that it was, indeed, Taylor?

I stated my suspicion and have no way of knowing. I therefore cannot answer your question. I did not know Lansdale nor Taylor. All I know is what I see in the DP photo and in photos of Lansdale and Taylor.

I also know that in the event of a military coup d'etat, Taylor had more reason to be in Dallas than Lansdale did, since Lansdale was retired from the military and (we're supposed to believe) just happened to be passing through.

If Lansdale had been operationally involved in the actual shooting I doubt if he'd been anywhere near Dealey Plaza at that time. Ditto Taylor.

I suspect Lansdale was part of the clean up crew, the cover-up, and he didn't get his marching orders until Oswald was captured and the Castro frame was aborted. He then made sure all the back up patsies would get away clean.

My speculative two cents on the issue, at any rate.

I would add that it's a matter of record that Taylor broke down twice when the subject of the assassination came up in conversation, once a year or so after the deed and the other years later. That was not the reactions of a seasoned and high-ranking military man who had no involvement in the killing of JFK. Whether he was in Dallas or the Pentagon, IMO he was guilty as hell and he knew it.

If you look at Maxwell Taylor's head, it's not as elongated as TSBD man's or Lansdale's head. Except for the face and hair, Taylor's head is shaped rather like Clark Gable's.

Ray,

I did NOT say that!

What you quoted was from Jim DiEugenio's post NOT mine. Please make the correction.

Keep up the disinfo OK Raymond.

Would someone please explain the forum rules to this distasteful character.

And please explain them REAL SLOW & REAL SIMPLE, so he might catch a glimmer of understanding!

Keep up the disinfo OK Raymond.

Would someone please explain the forum rules to this distasteful character.

And please explain them REAL SLOW & REAL SIMPLE, so he might catch a glimmer of understanding!

Carroll is obviously confused. Again.

"That Doug is a fine fellow isn't he?"