The Education Forum

Barack Obama or John McCain

John Simkin

Part of the speech made by Richardson on Friday:

"Senator Obama reminded us that cynicism is not realism and that hope is not folly. He appealed to the best in us … his words are one of a courageous, thoughtful leader who understands that a house divided against itself cannot stand... There is no doubt in my mind that Barack Obama has the judgment and courage we need in a commander in chief when our nation’s security is on the line. He showed this judgment by opposing the Iraq war from the start, and he has show it during this campaign by standing up for a new era in American leadership internationally."

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday March 24: Gov. Bill Richardson talks with TODAY's Matt Lauer about why he endorsed Barack Obama and the rifts within the Democratic Party.

Richardson said that with Sen. John McCain already the Republican candidate, it’s vital that the battle for the nomination not continue into the Democratic National Convention in August in Denver.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23776463/

Meanwhile, this US News & World Report campaign roundup today seems to suggest that everyone except comedian Jay Leno has forgotten all about the prophet Jeremiah

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/bull...etin_080324.htm

And IS THIS A STRAW IN THE WIND?

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008...rse_obama/7349/

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

Matt Lauer's parting words to Bill Richardson on the Today Show:

"We'll have to wait and see if Senator Clinton's campaign is listening to you."

(for those unfortunate enough to live outside the broadcast signal of America's greatest cultural achievement, AKA Daytime Television, Matt Lauer is the darling of the ladies who make up the show's primary audience.)

Bill Burkett agrees with John Simkin

We now have clear indications that the Clinton campaign approach is that if she is not the Democratic nominee, she will make every effort to scuttle the election of Barack Obama in the General Election.

Burkett pulls out (nearly?) all the stops on what Bill Richardson calls THE CLINTON ENTITLMENT

http://www.opednews.com/articles/1/opedne_...on_entitlem.htm

Who is Bill Burkett?

I assume (sometimes dangerous) that this is the same Bill Burkett at the center of the DAN RATHER-CBS-BUSH NATIONAL GUARD fiasco which is BACK IN THE NEWS

http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/20...tter/index.html

SAME STORY, DIFFERENT HEADLINE

Adam Nagourney's analysis of Hillary's predicament is available under different headlines. The first two headlines below are from the International Herald Tribune, and the third is from the mother ship, but the message is the same:

Clinton's best hope now is that Obama, as a candidate, suffers a political collapse akin to what has happened to the subprime mortgage market, a view shared by aides in both campaigns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/24/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin

ANALYSIS

Obama collapse in final contests may be Clinton's best hope

By Adam Nagourney

Published: March 24 2008

ON THE CAMPAIGN

A Clinton victory scenario that could be bruising for Democrats

By Adam Nagourney

Published: March 24, 2008

On the Campaign

One Bruising Scenario for Clinton

By ADAM NAGOURNEY

Published: March 24, 2008

(for those unfortunate enough to live outside the broadcast signal of America's greatest cultural achievement, AKA Daytime Television, Matt Lauer is the darling of the ladies who make up the show's primary audience.)

We now have clear indications that the Clinton campaign approach is that if she is not the Democratic nominee, she will make every effort to scuttle the election of Barack Obama in the General Election.

Burkett pulls out (nearly?) all the stops on what Bill Richardson calls THE CLINTON ENTITLMENT

The experts appear to agree that Clinton cannot become the Democratic presidential candidate. If Barack Obama wins the presidential election Clinton's desire to get the top job is likely to be frustrated. However, if McCain wins, Obama becomes like Gore and Kerry, and it is his political career that is at an end. Clinton therefore has the chance of becoming president in four years time if McCain becomes president. Especially if one takes into account what is going to happen to the American economy over the next four years. To my mind, Clinton has already started her 2012 presidential campaign.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle3617816.ece

Hillary Clinton has been forced to retract a claim that she landed under sniper fire in Bosnia 12 years ago after a CBS video emerged contradicting her account, Hannah Strange writes.

The former First Lady was attacked by Barack Obama for exaggerating her role in foreign policy-making during her husband’s presidency, which she has frequently asserted makes her more qualified to lead than her Democratic rival.

During a speech on Iraq last week, Mrs Clinton said of the March 1996 trip: “I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.”

But the video of her arrival shows Mrs Clinton and her daughter Chelsea smiling and waving as they walked at a leisurely pace across the tarmac from a cargo plane, stopping to shake hands with Bosnia’s acting president and listen while an 8-year-old girl read out a poem.

Guest David Guyatt

The below article extract points to the same general pattern as today's Obama -- who is also apparently being guided by the same good Trilateralist, Zig Brzezinski.

And the American nation and the American people are going to fall for the same sly trick again. And again, and again and again...

History should guide us, but psychology actually pulls our strings.

http://www.historyisaweapon.org/defcon1/zinncarebu21.html

[Jimmy] Carter's job as President, from the point of view of the Establishment, was to halt the rushing disappointment of the American people with the government, with the economic system, with disastrous military ventures abroad. In his campaign, he tried to speak to the disillusioned and angry. His strongest appeal was to blacks, whose rebellion in the late sixties was the most frightening challenge to authority since the labor and unemployed upsurges in the thirties.

His appeal was "populist"—that is, he appealed to various elements of American society who saw themselves beleaguered by the powerful and wealthy. Although he himself was a millionaire peanut grower, he presented himself as an ordinary American farmer. Although he had been a supporter of the Vietnam war until its end, he presented himself as a sympathizer with those who had been against the war, and he appealed to many of the young rebels of the sixties by his promise to cut the military budget.

In a much-publicized speech to lawyers, Carter spoke out against the use of the law to protect the rich. He appointed a black woman, Patricia Harris, as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, and a black civil rights veteran, Andrew Young, as ambassador to the United Nations. He gave the job of heading the domestic youth service corps to a young former antiwar activist, Sam Brown.

His most crucial appointments, however, were in keeping with the Trilateral Commission report of Harvard political scientist Samuel Huntington, which said that, whatever groups voted for a president, once elected "what counts then is his ability to mobilize support from the leaders of key institutions." Brzezinski, a traditional cold war intellectual, became Carter's National Security Adviser. His Secretary of Defense, Harold Brown, had, during the Vietnam war, according to the Pentagon Papers, "envisaged the elimination of virtually all the constraints under which the bombing then operated." His Secretary of Energy, James Schlesinger, as Secretary of Defense under Nixon, was described by a member of the Washington press corps as showing "an almost missionary drive in seeking to reverse a downward trend in the defense budget." Schlesinger was also a strong proponent of nuclear energy.

The below article extract points to the same general pattern as today's Obama -- who is also apparently being guided by the same good Trilateralist, Zig Brzezinski.

Non-sequitor. Big Z's voice will be heard, I hope, given his age and experience. Obama would be a fool to "Reject & Renounce" him.

His most crucial appointments, however, were in keeping with Harvard political scientist Samuel Huntington, which said that, whatever groups voted for a president, once elected "what counts then is his ability to mobilize support from the leaders of key institutions."

Huntington's Ist Rule of Government is profoundly true. Obama will be in exactly the same situation as JFK in 1960.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle3617816.ece

Hillary Clinton has been forced to retract a claim that she landed under sniper fire in Bosnia 12 years ago after a CBS video emerged contradicting her account, Hannah Strange writes.

NOW HILLARY IS CLAIMING TO BE HUMAN

`

I did make a mistake in talking about it the last time, and recently,'' Clinton told reporters in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. ``I made a mistake. I have a different memory. That happens. I'M HUMAN. For some people that's a revelation.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=ap5lq52KkZRk

CONCLUSION:

What this campaign needs right now is a statement from Samantha Power withdrawing her apology and saying

I STAND BY WHAT I TOLD THAT LADY REPORTER FROM LOCH NESS.

I have written a new song in Hillary's honor. It is called

I HAD A DREAM

I dreamed I was in Bosnia

With Chelsea by my side

bullets whistling past our ears

'mid the cries of children dying

And the wounded men lay everywhere

as we charged through shot and shell

And me and Chelsea kicked their butts

to the very jaws of hell

Oh it was brave Hurrah!

for me and Chelsea too

Now I'm back in Pennsylvania

and I'm human, just like you.

And the American nation and the American people are going to fall for the same sly trick again. And again, and again and again...

History should guide us, but psychology actually pulls our strings.

http://www.historyisaweapon.org/defcon1/zinncarebu21.html

[Jimmy] Carter's job as President, from the point of view of the Establishment, was to halt the rushing disappointment of the American people with the government, with the economic system, with disastrous military ventures abroad. In his campaign, he tried to speak to the disillusioned and angry. His strongest appeal was to blacks, whose rebellion in the late sixties was the most frightening challenge to authority since the labor and unemployed upsurges in the thirties.

His appeal was "populist"—that is, he appealed to various elements of American society who saw themselves beleaguered by the powerful and wealthy. Although he himself was a millionaire peanut grower, he presented himself as an ordinary American farmer. Although he had been a supporter of the Vietnam war until its end, he presented himself as a sympathizer with those who had been against the war, and he appealed to many of the young rebels of the sixties by his promise to cut the military budget.

In a much-publicized speech to lawyers, Carter spoke out against the use of the law to protect the rich. He appointed a black woman, Patricia Harris, as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, and a black civil rights veteran, Andrew Young, as ambassador to the United Nations. He gave the job of heading the domestic youth service corps to a young former antiwar activist, Sam Brown.

His most crucial appointments, however, were in keeping with the Trilateral Commission report of Harvard political scientist Samuel Huntington, which said that, whatever groups voted for a president, once elected "what counts then is his ability to mobilize support from the leaders of key institutions." Brzezinski, a traditional cold war intellectual, became Carter's National Security Adviser. His Secretary of Defense, Harold Brown, had, during the Vietnam war, according to the Pentagon Papers, "envisaged the elimination of virtually all the constraints under which the bombing then operated." His Secretary of Energy, James Schlesinger, as Secretary of Defense under Nixon, was described by a member of the Washington press corps as showing "an almost missionary drive in seeking to reverse a downward trend in the defense budget." Schlesinger was also a strong proponent of nuclear energy.

Andrew Young turned out to be a terrible choice for UN Ambassador.

Carter fired him for lying to Cyrus Vance (our secretary of State, I think).

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11. a.m Eastern Time

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows a tie in the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination. It’s Clinton 45%, Obama 45%.

Since Obama’s speech on race and national unity, Obama’s support has been within two percentage points of 45% every day. Clinton’s support has been within two percentage points of 44% every day (see recent daily results).

New polling data released today shows that 22% of Democrats want Clinton to drop out of the race. An identical percentage want Obama to withdraw.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_con...l_tracking_poll

Her bad memory on being under sniper fire in Bosnia seems to have made an negative impact here in Australia on her credibility. Is it making a dent there? Does she have any credibility left? It doesn't happen everyday now does it? One surely would remember that. Thanks for your posting on this topic Raymond. Most interesting.

The experts appear to agree that Clinton cannot become the Democratic presidential candidate. If Barack Obama wins the presidential election Clinton's desire to get the top job is likely to be frustrated. However, if McCain wins, Obama becomes like Gore and Kerry, and it is his political career that is at an end. Clinton therefore has the chance of becoming president in four years time if McCain becomes president. Especially if one takes into account what is going to happen to the American economy over the next four years. To my mind, Clinton has already started her 2012 presidential campaign.

I can't see how McCain could possibly win the election against an opponent like Obama--unless the election was rigged. Obama would murder him in the debates. The media couldn't smear Obama by inventing skeletons in his closet because the public is much wiser now than four years ago. Any large scale duplicity by the media during the campaign would be exposed on the blogs and forums like this. McCain might have a chance against HRC because she is damaged goods, imo.

Hilary's only chance for power will be as the junior partner on a joint ticket with Obama, and fortunately it appears the Obama camp are not interested.

Good riddance to a power hungry phony I say.