The Education Forum

Sirhan Photo

Attached is a rare color shot of Sirhan taken on 06/05/68 that I scanned during a recent trip to the California Sate Archives.

John Hunt

Thanks very much John. Great stuff.

Are you in touch in any way with Sirhan today?

- lee

Attached is a rare color shot of Sirhan taken on 06/05/68 that I scanned during a recent trip to the California Sate Archives.

John Hunt

>>Thanks very much John. Great stuff.

You ain't seen nothing yet!! ; - 0

>>Are you in touch in any way with Sirhan today?

No.

John Hunt

- lee

I'm going to go off the wall here and say that there appears to be a new conspiracy of some kind.. That old man just caan't (my emphasis) be Sirhan Sirhan. LOL In reality though, it is certainly shocking to have the face of time thrust upon you like that. We see JFK and RFK as young men every time we look at photographs of them, forgetting all the years that have passed until a stark reminder like this one comes along.

Terry

James:

Given your access to photographs, do you have one of Michael Wayne (real name Wien, supposedly an Israeli from Britain)? He's an individual spotted in the pantry at the Ambassador hotel who may have been a Sirhan 'double', or in cahoots with the Polka Dot Girl. Wayne (Wien) allegedly had a rolled up tube (presumably a signed poster of RFK) and was noticeably fleeing the scene when some individuals chased him, and he was detained, because they thought he had a gun. Other accounts have him working in an antiques store in LA, and a 'collector'. Still others link him with Kanbar Khan, an Iranian who had penetrated RFK's campaign team in the week before the assassination, but made himself pretty conspicuous. Given the dubious motive ascribed to Sirhan (anti-Israel, Phantom jets, Palestine/Middle East), and some of the allegations about Mossad/Iran involvement, Wayne/Wien is - for me - an interesting character.

If I were to think hard about connecting the dots (Mossad, Khan and his connection to British Intelligence), it comes back to a central player in both JFK and RFK lore... none other than James Angelton. But i digress. I've never seen a photo of Michael Wayne/Wien, and it would be great if you could come up with one.

Regards,

Gene

Hi Gene,

Yes, Michael Wayne is an interesting character indeed. There is a photograph of him with Ace Security man Augustus Mallard that I have been trying to track down but with no luck so far.

Associations with Shirin Khan are enticing to say the least. Wayne also allegedly had connections to Philip E. Scheib who in turn was associated with Victor Emanuel Pereira (associate of Jim Braden) currently mentioned in the "Nelson Rockerfeller and Evangelism" thread.

FWIW.

James

Thanks James:

It seems curious to me that - of all the persons of interest and involvement in the RFK case - Wayne and Khan have the least amount of 'publicity' and investigative information. No pictures, no LAPD interviews, no leaked anecdotes or legends, no first-hand accounts or observations by witnesses, and in essence very little known about their lives (either before or after the murder). Its like they faded into oblivion, after a brief notoriety. I am no detective nor an experienced operative, but these two characters intuitively feel central to a plot... something very fishy about these individuals. The 'dots' that occur to me are British intelligence (e.g. Khan was raised by an English couple named 'Smiley'... shades of John Le Carre), Israel and James Angleton... who was forever faithful to Dulles and Rockefeller. What a tangled web of pure oil interest. Pictures of Wayne and khan would be important starts towards the deeper intrigue behind the Ambassador Hotel... and the notable void and difficulty of getting such pictures speaks volumes to me.

Gene

Thanks James:

It seems curious to me that - of all the persons of interest and involvement in the RFK case - Wayne and Khan have the least amount of 'publicity' and investigative information. No pictures, no LAPD interviews, no leaked anecdotes or legends, no first-hand accounts or observations by witnesses, and in essence very little known about their lives (either before or after the murder). Its like they faded into oblivion, after a brief notoriety. I am no detective nor an experienced operative, but these two characters intuitively feel central to a plot... something very fishy about these individuals. The 'dots' that occur to me are British intelligence (e.g. Khan was raised by an English couple named 'Smiley'... shades of John Le Carre), Israel and James Angleton... who was forever faithful to Dulles and Rockefeller. What a tangled web of pure oil interest. Pictures of Wayne and khan would be important starts towards the deeper intrigue behind the Ambassador Hotel... and the notable void and difficulty of getting such pictures speaks volumes to me.

Gene

Gene,

I have been motivated to secure some images of Michael Wayne. The Los Angeles Times snapped some of him while he was being detained. I guess that's a good place to start.

James

Edited by James Richards