The Education Forum

Grayston Lynch (1923-2008)

Was trying to find a copy of a letter I received from Mr. Lynch in response to my queries about Rip Robertson, Tony Izquierdo and others - can't seem to turn it up. It went something like this:

DO NOT EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN EVER! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?

And I did not - contact him again that is...

- lee

Lee,

I pretty much got the same response when I asked him about Lou Conein and the DEA. Gruffness aside, Lynch was well respected and a faithful servant to his country.

Maybe in the future, we will see a Ron Howard film concerning the life of Grayston Lynch. Now that's a movie I would like to see.

Cheers,

James

• 3 years later...
Guest Tom Scully

Grayston Lynch is mentioned in "Notes taken at CIA on Nov. 16, 1977" and then sanitized by CIA personnel.

Preface to Lynch debriefing, see second link, below.

Page 4:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=111943&relPageId=4

CIA represented debriefing of Lynch, Jan. 17, 1977

Page 6:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=111943&relPageId=6

Maybe in the future, we will see a Ron Howard film concerning the life of Grayston Lynch. Now that's a movie I would like to see.

How I wish there was interest in fact-based conspiracy drama, as one could make several good films based on certain of the "minor" players and their associates.

But when Hollywood catches on to this, they'll make one on...Barr McClellan.

Edited by David Andrews

Lee,

I pretty much got the same response when I asked him about Lou Conein and the DEA. Gruffness aside, Lynch was well respected and a faithful servant to his country.

Cheers,

James

Lynch was well respected and a faithful servant to his country.

As were those who participated in the Son Tay Raid.

But of course, the government lied to them as well!

Tom