The Education Forum

Shreveport, Louisiana

The front page of the Councilor, dec 10 from memory, should be inserted here as it details the event (and provides a translation of the german-walker interview)

correction dec20

http://aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvol...Vol20_0379b.htm

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to turn this into a diversion, and I don't think it's worth starting another topic when there are so many excellent ones (IMO) going that need to stay on page one as long as possible, so I'll just succinctly state this growing conviction that what BK has proposed ties in with a concept that has been flickering in and out of my mind for some time. : A time dimension added to a mapping of persons of interest into a visual display of persons movements over time irrespectivelly of what theory they tie in to and proposed by whoever because that initself will reveal things while allowing EVEYONE to add persons and locations and perhaps someone will get it all right, and then a hyperlinked pdf to each movie frame where each persons logo or whatever that identifies them in this movement mapping so one can click on that logo and get the latest up to date confirmed report and descripion of events and one can then enter that event into the search function and find all others related to that and check event description, reconfigure the movie to highlight them and in this way, study one by one, without discrimination, all possible ideas.

I think, (in fact I'm bloody certain it can be done), that this is achievable, and could even be the very tool that on modern computers, a computer program, by instituting random word highlights track all sorts of patterns and apply various algorithms to this under simple logic formulae paradigms, will find the very solution everyone is so beautifully dedicated to, the solution.

Just click enter and wait... (well maybe)

Did anybody else notice besides Thomas Purvis, that Ned Touchstone's obit lists a daughter named Lia Touchstone Tippit of Rockwall, Texas......?

BTW, I know of several forum members who are interested in Barksdale, Air Force Base in 1963......

The following obit is rather illuminating in that regard....

SHREVEPORT, LA - Services for Donald Ray Miller will be held at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, August 22, 2009, at Kings Highway Christian Church, 806 Kings Highway, the Rev. David Brice officiating, with graveside services to follow at Rose-Neath Cemetery, Swan Lake Road, Bossier City. Visitation will be from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Friday, August 21, 2009, at Rose-Neath Funeral Home, 1815 Marshall Street, Shreveport.

Don Miller passed away peacefully at his home with his family Tuesday, August 18, 2009. He was born February 4, 1934 in Baton Rouge, LA to Ernest Floyd and Eva Denham Miller, the latter a descendant of Mercy Hogue and William Denham, original settlers of Denham Springs, Louisiana, and for whom the city is named.

He attended Woodlawn Elementary and Baton Rouge High schools in Baton Rouge, received his BA degree from Tulane University in 1957, and his LLB/JD in 1960 from Tulane School of Law. While at Tulane he served as senior class vice-president, president of the Baptist Student Union, and Cadet Colonel in the Air Force ROTC, as well as co-captain of the football team, with four varsity football letters. He was a member of Scabbard and Blade, the Honor Board, the Arnold Air Society, Who's Who, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, La Societe du Droit Civil, the Moot Court Board, and Young Democrats.

During his graduate years at Tulane, he worked as an assistant football coach with the Tulane Athletic Department, and for many years after moving to Shreveport, he refereed area high school football games. Handball, motorcycling, golf, and Arabian horses were his lifelong interests.

Don Miller served as Captain on active duty in the Base Legal office, Barksdale Air Force Base, prior to opening his law practice in Shreveport in 1963, and acquired broad experience in litigation before various Louisiana state courts, including the Courts of Appeal and the Louisiana Supreme Court, the U.S. District Courts for Louisiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. He was involved in many civic and professional activities, serving as Caddo Democratic Executive Committee Chairman and working with the State Committee of Affiliated Political Party, YMCA, and Broadmoor Neighborhood Association. He was one of the original organizers of the local Red Mass Society, received the Red Mass Society Dedication Award, and chaired the Red Mass Society Banquet honoring United States Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

He served as Louisiana State Bar Association House of Delegates member and on its Board of Governors. He was a member of the Harry V. Booth and Hon. Henry A. Politz American Inn of Court, Shreveport Bar Association (serving as President in 1993), the Holiday in Dixie Ambassadors Club, and the Krewe of Justinian (serving as both Duke and King). He was appointed by the Louisiana Supreme Court to serve as Judge Pro Tempore, Shreveport City Court.

Since 1971, he has owned, bred, and shown Arabian horses, and served as Region IX, IAHA Director, a member of its By-Laws Committee, and chairman of its Probable Cause panel.

Don Miller was preceded in death by his parents and by his grandson, Phillip Ray Livigni. Left to cherish his memory are his wife of 52 years, Sarah Guelfi Miller; children, Suzanne Allen and husband Cecil, Melissa Arnold and husband Chuck, Michael Miller and wife Pam, Eric Miller and wife Carla, and Marc Miller; eight grandchildren, Brian and Ben Allen, David Miller, Grant Livigni, Mary Katherine and Amy Miller, Michael and Marshall Miller; and two brothers, the Rev. Ernest L. Miller and wife, Eva Mae LeBlanc Miller, and Archie B. Miller and wife, Bobbie Knighten Miller.

Pallbearers will be Cecil Allen, Jack Bailey, Trudy M. Daniel, Ron Miciotto, Larry Pettiette, Robert Piper, Hershel Richard, and Angelo Roppolo.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that those wishing to make memorial gifts consider the Red Mass Society, 525 Wilder Street, Shreveport, LA 71104; the scholarship Program of the Youth Foundation, Region IX Arabian Horse Association, Inc., Sandy Bentley, Scholarship Chairman, 2302 FM 494, Princeton, TX 75407; or a charity of the donor's choice. Rose-Neath Funeral Home

Marshall Street Chapel

Shreveport, LA (318) 222-0348

Published in the Shreveport Times from 8/20/2009 - 8/21/2009

And then there is Harrod G Miller, but that is probably limited to myself and Jim Root.

Thanks for that Robert,

Now if we can only come up with a UFO connection to Barksdale the file will be almost complete.

BK

I don't mean to turn this into a diversion, and I don't think it's worth starting another topic when there are so many excellent ones (IMO) going that need to stay on page one as long as possible, so I'll just succinctly state this growing conviction that what BK has proposed ties in with a concept that has been flickering in and out of my mind for some time. : A time dimension added to a mapping of persons of interest into a visual display of persons movements over time irrespectivelly of what theory they tie in to and proposed by whoever because that initself will reveal things while allowing EVEYONE to add persons and locations and perhaps someone will get it all right, and then a hyperlinked pdf to each movie frame where each persons logo or whatever that identifies them in this movement mapping so one can click on that logo and get the latest up to date confirmed report and descripion of events and one can then enter that event into the search function and find all others related to that and check event description, reconfigure the movie to highlight them and in this way, study one by one, without discrimination, all possible ideas.

I think, (in fact I'm bloody certain it can be done), that this is achievable, and could even be the very tool that on modern computers, a computer program, by instituting random word highlights track all sorts of patterns and apply various algorithms to this under simple logic formulae paradigms, will find the very solution everyone is so beautifully dedicated to, the solution.

Did anybody else notice besides Thomas Purvis, that Ned Touchstone's obit lists a daughter named Lia Touchstone Tippit of Rockwall, Texas......?

BTW, I know of several forum members who are interested in Barksdale, Air Force Base in 1963......

SHREVEPORT, LA - Services for Donald Ray Miller will be held at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, August 22, 2009, at Kings Highway Christian Church, 806 Kings Highway, the Rev. David Brice officiating, with graveside services to follow at Rose-Neath Cemetery, Swan Lake Road, Bossier City. Visitation will be from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Friday, August 21, 2009, at Rose-Neath Funeral Home, 1815 Marshall Street, Shreveport.

Don Miller passed away peacefully at his home with his family Tuesday, August 18, 2009. He was born February 4, 1934 in Baton Rouge, LA to Ernest Floyd and Eva Denham Miller, the latter a descendant of Mercy Hogue and William Denham, original settlers of Denham Springs, Louisiana, and for whom the city is named.

He attended Woodlawn Elementary and Baton Rouge High schools in Baton Rouge, received his BA degree from Tulane University in 1957, and his LLB/JD in 1960 from Tulane School of Law. While at Tulane he served as senior class vice-president, president of the Baptist Student Union, and Cadet Colonel in the Air Force ROTC, as well as co-captain of the football team, with four varsity football letters. He was a member of Scabbard and Blade, the Honor Board, the Arnold Air Society, Who's Who, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, La Societe du Droit Civil, the Moot Court Board, and Young Democrats.

During his graduate years at Tulane, he worked as an assistant football coach with the Tulane Athletic Department, and for many years after moving to Shreveport, he refereed area high school football games. Handball, motorcycling, golf, and Arabian horses were his lifelong interests.

Don Miller served as Captain on active duty in the Base Legal office, Barksdale Air Force Base, prior to opening his law practice in Shreveport in 1963, and acquired broad experience in litigation before various Louisiana state courts, including the Courts of Appeal and the Louisiana Supreme Court, the U.S. District Courts for Louisiana, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. He was involved in many civic and professional activities, serving as Caddo Democratic Executive Committee Chairman and working with the State Committee of Affiliated Political Party, YMCA, and Broadmoor Neighborhood Association. He was one of the original organizers of the local Red Mass Society, received the Red Mass Society Dedication Award, and chaired the Red Mass Society Banquet honoring United States Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

He served as Louisiana State Bar Association House of Delegates member and on its Board of Governors. He was a member of the Harry V. Booth and Hon. Henry A. Politz American Inn of Court, Shreveport Bar Association (serving as President in 1993), the Holiday in Dixie Ambassadors Club, and the Krewe of Justinian (serving as both Duke and King). He was appointed by the Louisiana Supreme Court to serve as Judge Pro Tempore, Shreveport City Court.

Since 1971, he has owned, bred, and shown Arabian horses, and served as Region IX, IAHA Director, a member of its By-Laws Committee, and chairman of its Probable Cause panel.

Don Miller was preceded in death by his parents and by his grandson, Phillip Ray Livigni. Left to cherish his memory are his wife of 52 years, Sarah Guelfi Miller; children, Suzanne Allen and husband Cecil, Melissa Arnold and husband Chuck, Michael Miller and wife Pam, Eric Miller and wife Carla, and Marc Miller; eight grandchildren, Brian and Ben Allen, David Miller, Grant Livigni, Mary Katherine and Amy Miller, Michael and Marshall Miller; and two brothers, the Rev. Ernest L. Miller and wife, Eva Mae LeBlanc Miller, and Archie B. Miller and wife, Bobbie Knighten Miller.

Pallbearers will be Cecil Allen, Jack Bailey, Trudy M. Daniel, Ron Miciotto, Larry Pettiette, Robert Piper, Hershel Richard, and Angelo Roppolo.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that those wishing to make memorial gifts consider the Red Mass Society, 525 Wilder Street, Shreveport, LA 71104; the scholarship Program of the Youth Foundation, Region IX Arabian Horse Association, Inc., Sandy Bentley, Scholarship Chairman, 2302 FM 494, Princeton, TX 75407; or a charity of the donor's choice. Rose-Neath Funeral Home

Marshall Street Chapel

And then there is Harrod G Miller, but that is probably limited to myself and Jim Root.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for that Robert,

Now if we can only come up with a UFO connection to Barksdale the file will be almost complete.

BK

Marshall Street Chapel

Someone's Breaking Up That Old Gang of Mine........

Barksdale Air Base Commanders

Col. Eugene A. Stalzer, 1961-1963

Col. Clifford J. Moore Jr., 1963-1964

2nd Bomb Wing commanders (since its arrival at Barksdale in 1963)

Col. John W. Kline, 1963

917th Wing

• Lt. Col. William G. Paine, 1963-1966

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/99999999/BARKSDALEWARRIOR/80124016/Barksdale-commanders

Bump. The MSC files contains a selective release that helps provide a sketchy history, particularly in the Louisiana Sovereignty Commission files and copies of the Councilor. Cross referencing to POIs and events builds a bigger picture. No doubt other sources can fill in some of the blanks. (sorry BK, no UFO's afaik)

• 1 year later...

Bump. The MSC files contains a selective release that helps provide a sketchy history, particularly in the Louisiana Sovereignty Commission files and copies of the Councilor. Cross referencing to POIs and events builds a bigger picture. No doubt other sources can fill in some of the blanks. (sorry BK, no UFO's afaik)

Imagine the loose ends of the JFK assassination, work remaining to be done, type of thing.

For those who believe Shreveport, Louisiana factors in the above equation, there is a very good book from a series

called Images of America Shreveport Faces of The Past Eric J Brock

http://books.google.com/books?id=J6VA4MeqEe8C&printsec=frontcover&dq=editions:cs9m9WwoGFMC&hl=en&sa=X&ei=bM4_T6-0Acq02gWr5eCzCA&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=editions%3Acs9m9WwoGFMC&f=false

I believe at some point in the future there are going to be some eye-openers regarding connections

to this city, although that is a hunch, and not because of anything I am personally aware of.

I did not post this on the interesting JFK books thread, because it is not a JFK book...

There are several items in it that a good researcher would be interested in...my thoughts on it

sort of gravitate to one passage, which is undoubtedly speculative, but worthy of keeping

in the back of ones head, at least from where I sit.....

In Images of America Shreveport Faces of the Past page 114 there is the following caption:

(Actor) Rudy Vallee purchases a Nash Rambler station wagon from W.R. Bledsoe of Bledsoe Motors on Texas Avenue during a March 1952 visit to Shreveport

There are a lot of other items of interest, some undoubtedly more substantial than the one above, which, some might call 'taking a stab in the dark.'

There are also references to an Edith Pennington a silent screen actress who became a gospel minister... said surname is related to the account of the finding of the Nash Rambler next to a washateria after leaving the front of the TSBD.......

For the record, Shreveport, Louisiana was where LBJ attorney J Waddy Bullion was when JFK was assassinated

no-one seems to know what his activities there were....

The JFK Administration's Howard Burris is

alleged by B C Adamson of making references to not being aware of certain activities taking place

at Barksdale AFB prior to his departure to Germany.....

Irrespective of that Howard Burris is a formidable name in JFK related matters

http://prospect.org/article/did-us-military-plan-nuclear-first-strike-1963

Imagine the loose ends of the JFK assassination, work remaining to be done, type of thing.

For those who believe Shreveport, Louisiana factors in the above equation, there is a very good book from a series

called Images of America Shreveport Faces of The Past Eric J Brock

http://books.google.com/books?id=J6VA4MeqEe8C&printsec=frontcover&dq=editions:cs9m9WwoGFMC&hl=en&sa=X&ei=bM4_T6-0Acq02gWr5eCzCA&ved=0CDAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=editions%3Acs9m9WwoGFMC&f=false

I believe at some point in the future there are going to be some eye-openers regarding connections

to this city, although that is a hunch, and not because of anything I am personally aware of.

I did not post this on the interesting JFK books thread, because it is not a JFK book...

There are several items in it that a good researcher would be interested in...my thoughts on it

sort of gravitate to one passage, which is undoubtedly speculative, but worthy of keeping

in the back of ones head, at least from where I sit.....

In Images of America Shreveport Faces of the Past page 114 there is the following caption:

(Actor) Rudy Vallee purchases a Nash Rambler station wagon from W.R. Bledsoe of Bledsoe Motors on Texas Avenue during a March 1952 visit to Shreveport

There are a lot of other items of interest, some undoubtedly more substantial than the one above, which, some might call 'taking a stab in the dark.'

There are also references to an Edith Pennington a silent screen actress who became a gospel minister... said surname is related to the account of the finding of the Nash Rambler next to a washateria after leaving the front of the TSBD.......

For the record, Shreveport, Louisiana was where LBJ attorney J Waddy Bullion was when JFK was assassinated

no-one seems to know what his activities there were....

The JFK Administration's Howard Burris is

alleged by B C Adamson of making references to not being aware of certain activities taking place

at Barksdale AFB prior to his departure to Germany.....

Irrespective of that Howard Burris is a formidable name in JFK related matters

http://prospect.org/article/did-us-military-plan-nuclear-first-strike-1963

Robert,

Does such an old (1952) Nash Rambler station wagon somehow factor into the assassination of JFK?

--Tommy :)

Robert,

Does such an old (1952) Nash Rambler station wagon somehow factor into the assassination of JFK?

--Tommy :)

Absolutely not, the point was you have someone named Bledsoe selling Nash Station wagons in Shreveport...No one knows

if he was doing it in 1963, or, if he could be related to the Dallas Bledsoe's,but I thought it was worth mentioning....God knows I have read a lot of things on the Forum, that didn't seem as interesting......

I even found an obit for a W R Bledsoe, but it couldn't be him unless the caption in the Images of America

Shreveport book is incorrect, as he looks to be on the other side of 60......whereas the person below just doesent

fit those parameters

Oklahoman, The (Oklahoma City, OK) - April 3, 2008

Deceased Name: Winifred Ray " W .R." Bledsoe

Winifred Ray "W.R." Bledsoe, 83, of Del City, died Tuesday, April 1, 2008, in Midwest City. W.R. was born March 16, 1925 to Roy and Dora Bledsoe in Checotah, Oklahoma. He married the absolute love of his life, Christine Ireland, on December 22, 1943. He was known as a loving and giving person that truly loved to give people a hand and help them in any way possible. Mr. Bledsoe proudly served in the US Navy throughout the South Pacific in WWII as well as Korea. He later retired from the US Air Force. His pride and joy in his life were those he loved; his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. W.R. enjoyed working, especially on his cars. Mr. Bledsoe was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Christine; two brothers, Bob and Merle Bledsoe; and a sister, Nola Bledsoe. He leaves behind a son, Larry Bledsoe and wife Patsy; and a daughter, Shirley Bledsoe. He is also survived by his grandchildren, Karen Blanton and husband Tim, Kim Schafer and husband Alan, Jeff Bledsoe, Robert Fuxa, and Steve Maynard; as well as his great grandchildren, Seth and Blake Blanton, and Tyler and Jared Maynard. Graveside services for Mr. Bledsoe will be 2:00 pm Friday, April 4, 2008, at Greenlawn Cemetery in Checotah, OK, under the direction of Ford Funeral Service. The Bledsoe family would like to express their sincere gratitude to Hospice Quality Care for their outstanding care of both their mother and father.

Robert: He would have been twenty-seven in 1952. In Images of America Shreveport Faces of the Past page 114 there is a W.R. Bledsoe posing with

Rudy Vallee after purchasing a “Nash Rambler Station wagon,” on Texas Avenue during a March 1952 visit to Shreveport...but the photo can’t be him unless the caption is incorrect; he is at least

over 55 if not over 65.......

Lastly, there are other reasons the book is compelling, especially if you believe there is evidence, or a likelihood

that Shreveport fits into some unresolved aspects of the assassination, It could come in handy.

If you find this boring you might want to read the most recent post on A Photographic Puzzle, if that's boring

I don't know what to tell you.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18186&st=30