The Education Forum

One thing I thank Oswald for

Having read that Dr. Pepper was Oswald's beverage of choice, I decided to try it. Good stuff! (So why was he seen with a Coke - well, in the case of Baker, now you see it and now you don't - after the shooting? More proof of an imposter, or was Dr. Pepper sold out?)

Having read that Dr. Pepper was Oswald's beverage of choice, I decided to try it. Good stuff! (So why was he seen with a Coke - well, in the case of Baker, now you see it and now you don't - after the shooting? More proof of an imposter, or was Dr. Pepper sold out?)

Yea, Ron, what became of the bottle of Coke and the bottle and chicken bones from the 6th Floor Sniper Nest?

Were they entered into evidence?

Do they have WC exhibit numbers?

Were they checked for fingerprints?

Do they contain DNA?

What's with the soda bottles that were so much a part of the evidential scene?

And I kind of like Dr. Pepper better than Coke too.

And there was a Dr. Pepper machine on the first floor, so why did Oswald, after eating his lunch on the first floor, go up to the second floor rather than buying a Dr. Pepper from the machine on the first floor?

So many questions, so little time.

BK

Ron, I know it's "common knowledge" he was a Pepper's man, but he wasn't that fussy according to Marina:

Marina reports that Lee never came home late and never drank anything stronger than Coke, iced tea, or Dr. Pepper. Marina & Lee p 371

Page 210 describes how he used to raid Ruth Paine's refrigerator to fix a sandwich or a coke.

You can, however, find him enjoying a Dr Pepper on page 272 :cheers

Yea, Ron, what became of the bottle of Coke and the bottle and chicken bones from the 6th Floor Sniper Nest?

Were they entered into evidence?

Do they have WC exhibit numbers?

Were they checked for fingerprints?

Do they contain DNA?

What's with the soda bottles that were so much a part of the evidential scene?

And I kind of like Dr. Pepper better than Coke too.

And there was a Dr. Pepper machine on the first floor, so why did Oswald, after eating his lunch on the first floor, go up to the second floor rather than buying a Dr. Pepper from the machine on the first floor?

So many questions, so little time.

BK

Bill,

The bottle and chicken bones are an interesting tidbit. I recall it was a Dr. Pepper bottle that was found up there.

http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2007/08/rewri...as-vincent.html

I know the bottle was dusted for prints, and they turned out not to be Oswalds. I wonder if we know whose the prints were?

I believe at one time, one of the African-American men working at the TSBD claimed ownership of the chicken and the empty bottle. Is that correct? Were these bones in fact found on the 5th or 6th floor. I vaguely recall this discussion on this forum.

Antti

Guest Stephen Turner

Ron, I know it's "common knowledge" he was a Pepper's man, but he wasn't that fussy according to Marina:

Marina reports that Lee never came home late and never drank anything stronger than Coke, iced tea, or Dr. Pepper. Marina & Lee p 371

Page 210 describes how he used to raid Ruth Paine's refrigerator to fix a sandwich or a coke.

You can, however, find him enjoying a Dr Pepper on page 272 :cheers

"Doctor Pepper, so misunderstood" :lol:

Just an afterthought, but as I'm a great respecter of the king's English, the title of this thread should not be "One thing I thank Oswald for," but "One thing for which I thank Oswald."

That's the kind of mistake I have to keep looking out for.

Ron,

Just an afterthought, but as I'm a great respecter of the king's English, the title of this thread should not be "One thing I thank Oswald for," but "One thing for which I thank Oswald."

That's the kind of mistake I have to keep looking out for.

That's the kind of mistake for which I have to keep looking out?

:-)

Steve

That's the kind of mistake for which I have to keep looking out?

Or the kind of mistake up with which I will not put.

In the search for total accuracy in your Dr. Pepper research, you should really get a hold of some "Dublin Dr. Pepper". It's the only Dr. Pepper bottling plant in the country that still uses pure cane sugar instead of the high fructose corn syrup stuff most all of the other soda pop makers, including Dr. Pepper, use currently.

Not only will it duplicate the stuff that LHO drank on Nov. 22, 1963, but it tastes much better too. All in the name of accurate research of course. B)

JWK

Edited by J. William King

As far as accurate, timely, and relevant research goes, with Dr Pepper, as J.William hints, sugar cane is the way to go.

Freshly squeezed sugar cane in ice and with a bit of lime (not stirred, nor shaken) puts even the Pepper itself a distant second.