The Education Forum

Present for the forum

If this was taken by Dick Bothun, it would place him on the pedestal with Charles Bronson.

I was under the impression that Bothun shot ONLY b/w film...not color!

Jack

You are of course correct Jack.

It is Bronson, not Bothun. :tomatoes

My Error.

Just as well one of us is on the Ball.

Perhaps Admin could change the " Topic Heading" to read"

Present for the forum Groden Color Bronson Scan Large.

So as to save any confusion. !

Edited by Robin Unger

If this was taken by Dick Bothun, it would place him on the pedestal with Charles Bronson.

I was under the impression that Bothun shot ONLY b/w film...not color!

Jack

You are of course correct Jack.

It is Bronson, not Bothun. :hotorwot

My Error.

Just as well one of us is on the Ball.

I wanted to thank you Robin, a present should always be acknowledged and thanks extended. I have always thought this was an interesting photo, isn't the person who looks like E. Howard Hunt behind one of the signs at the corner of Houston and Main. I know that after the shots were fired, that person was photographed walking from that general direction of that corner towards the grassy slope area, between the grassy knoll and the TSBD.

Among other things this image appears to show the striped coat lady from the Hughes aftermath frames.
I'd have to agree, even if Bronson's woman does seem to have a slightly different cut to her hair ... which may only be a function of resolution, etc.

It's more difficult to imagine two women in the same block wearing the same (or that-similar) coat than it is to imagine that the lady in Bronson simply walked across Houston Street to follow the progress of the motorcade.

It's interesting to note that there are at least three traffic cops visible on Main, including the one with the yellow slicker. Never gave much thought to what the cops assigned to each intersection would be doing (besides stopping traffic), and holding the crowd back seems to be as likely a duty for them as any other.

Sheriff's deputies aren't as obvious as one would have thought.

Proof of Nixon complicity to right of the Courts building. (grin)

I wanted to thank you Robin, a present should always be acknowledged and thanks extended. I have always thought this was an interesting photo, isn't the person who looks like E. Howard Hunt behind one of the signs at the corner of Houston and Main. I know that after the shots were fired, that person was photographed walking from that general direction of that corner towards the grassy slope area, between the grassy knoll and the TSBD.

Can anybody find the guy I think Robert refers to in the big Bronson scan at top of thread? I believe he means "Car Coat Man," crossing the street in this Cancellare shot. Can anyone find him in any other Dealey pic?

That car coat and hat look like standard-issue Potomac Basin spookwear to me, for the spy who needs to pretend to himself that he's a tenured academic. It's perhaps the only car coat in any Dealey pix. And since that guy's left ear sticks out a bit, I'm willing to endure cries of heresy and speculate that that might be Howard Hunt, and Hunt not the third tramp.

Whatever Master of Disguise he claimed to be, that, and not a railyard, is the place Hunt would pick for himself - a bystander nonchalant among the throng, clean hands firmly in pockets, exculpable. Above it all, somehow.

Can he be seen elsewhere, like near Houston and Main with Hemming, Robertson, and O'Hare, all of whom are in the Cancellare pic?

Cancellare, Don De Lillo would remind us if he were here, means to rule out.

Edited by David Andrews