The Education Forum

Paul Schrade

I have had an email from Paul Schrade:

I am working to open a new investigation of the Robert Kennedy murder with Philip Van Praag and Dr. Robert Joling. Our hope is that appropriate local officials will consider and act on our new evidence. We are represented by a large and prestigious law firm Gibson Dunn and Crutcher.

Van Praag's discoveries from his tests on the only known recording of gunshots at the crime scene are compelling evidence that the second gunman was the one who fired the four pointblank shots into Robert Kennedy.

Many believe that Thane Eugene Cesar is the person of interest who fired those shots including the fatal one.

You have identified Cesar as a Cuban American. What is the basis for that?

We are drafting a list of all of the information that implicates him and would appreciate your help with this list.

Paul Schrade

Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I got this information from. Can any other member help with this?

Van Praag's discoveries from his tests on the only known recording of gunshots at the crime scene are compelling evidence that the second gunman was the one who fired the four pointblank shots into Robert Kennedy.

Many believe that Thane Eugene Cesar is the person of interest who fired those shots including the fatal one.

Sorry I cannot help with Cesar's background, but include me among the many who suspect Thane Cesar, and who wish you well in this undertaking.

Email reply from Dan Moldea:

Just so you know, Gene Cesar is not Cuban-American--which is one of many pieces of disinformation that have followed him. In addition, Gene is an innocent man who has been falsely accused of murder for nearly forty years. Here is my personal view on this matter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWSm_nuRyqA

If good people--like Paul Schrade and Bob Joling--want to continue to embrace the theory that Gene was the actual assassin of Senator Kennedy, then they are doing nothing more than compounding an already disgraceful situation.

Also, with regard to Phil Van Praag's test--which concluded that thirteen shots had been fired at the crime scene--it is an experiment which has not and cannot be repeated by credible experts.

Please feel free to do anything you wish with this response to your inquiry--as long as you keep it in tact.

• 1 year later...

From www.npr.org

RFK's Fellow Victim Changes Life, Lives Of Others

by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Excerpt:

Paul Schrade easily recites the details of the last day of his life before he was shot in the head alongside his friend, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy. He knows it all by heart, every step he took, every sight and sound as if it was yesterday.

In the 43 years Sunday since that transformative night when Schrade came close to losing his life, he has understood the details. But he is shadowed to this day by nagging questions: What really happened that night and who made it happen?

Schrade, at 86, tall, white haired and projecting the vitality of a much younger man, has given the second half of his life over to preserving Kennedy's legacy and trying to unravel the puzzle of his friend's assassination. He believes there was more than one gunman in the pantry of the Ambassador Hotel when he and Kennedy and four others were shot. And he plans to publish his story about what he has learned. For now, he declines to say what that is.

He estimates he has spent a cumulative 10 years chasing clues and he's still at it.

"It's always on my mind," Schrade said. "It has to be. The family is not involved because they can't handle reliving the pain and suffering and they don't want to expose Ethel to it. But I always keep a member of the family informed if we're about to release anything."

......In 1971 he met and married political attorney Monica Weil, and the Yale educated Schrade, a native of Saratoga Springs, N.Y., turned in another direction. He joined the board of American Civil Liberties Union and began working with his wife to investigate the RFK assassination and convicted assassin, Sirhan Sirhan. He would become convinced there was a conspiracy.

"I know there was a second gunman based on the evidence," he said. "Sirhan couldn't have done it and didn't do it alone." He came to believe in a larger plot encompassing the assassination of President Kennedy. But he is not ready to discuss the details until his research is complete.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=136956654

I am working to open a new investigation of the Robert Kennedy murder with Philip Van Praag and Dr. Robert Joling. Our hope is that appropriate local officials will consider and act on our new evidence. We are represented by a large and prestigious law firm Gibson Dunn and Crutcher.

You have identified Cesar as a Cuban American. What is the basis for that?

We are drafting a list of all of the information that implicates him and would appreciate your help with this list.

Paul Schrade

Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I got this information from. Can any other member help with this?

John,

One of the things that is a huge pain in the butt is trying to recreate your own research and relearn or disprove what you've written or posted,

or having to go back and find that thing in a book, forgetting to write down the thing, or citation in the first place. I was doing this today on a matter involving the Secret Service. So, I sympathize.

It seems to me that you got this information when you got information about him registering to vote for George Wallace’s American Independent Party.

So, if you can track down how you knew that, or where and how you learned that then maybe you will find the info about him being a Cuban American or not.

While you're at it, if you don't mind, could you post what you/we do know about Thane Eugene Cesar? And give proper citations where/if possible?

For example would you know his date of birth? Where he was born? Names of parents? Anything we can go on?

Thanks.

John,

See - http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4055&st=45

Apparently the source was page 244 of Bill Turner's Rearview Mirror.

Moldea provides the most detailed account of Cesar's background. On page 200 of "the Killing of Robert F. Kennedy" he says: "Cesar was born on February 28, 1942, in Kansas City, Missouri. He is a mixture of English, French and German stock".

Joe Backes