The Education Forum

New version of AP Atsugi LHO photo...

Jack White

That bit where his right shoulder is higher than his left - is that just how he's standing? Do we see this in other "Oswald" photos?

Is it Oswald at all? I'm playing hooky from work, here...but at first glance it looks like the Oswald features have been painted onto someone with a big schnoz.

Hairline odd...ears odd...

Edited by David Andrews

The Atsugi snapshots were either two or three different poses, of which the Wood's copy is one.

Here is another.

The AP apparently retouched one of the snapshots heavily before sending it out. This shows

that there were at least two versions used by newspapers.

Jack

post-667-1259703479_thumb.jpg

In view of John Armstong's research, the 2 Oswalds, could this be Lee who wasn't shot by Ruby? Does anyone have an opinion on the Harvey and Lee theory?

In my reading about Oswald I never came across an interest in fly fishing or boating. I say this because the Avon Park, FL Donald O. Norton, whom people believed was Lee (not Harvey) Oswald, had these interests. Does anyone know?

Kathy C

Edited by Kathleen Collins

OK - now I recognize the second photo in the series. I notice that his left shoulder is lower than the right again - could this be used as a marker to judge dubious Oswald IDs? It doesn't seem like it would change with upright posture, unless in the first pic his right hand is higher on his hips than in the second.

How did he acquire fuller earlobes? And wherefore and why that schnoz?

Edited by David Andrews

This is an interesting new find by researcher John Woods.

Jack

Jack,

Can you post exactly where John Woods found this? Was this in the JFK Records Collection at Archives II? If so, did it have a RIF#? Was there any document number associated with this photo?

Joe Backes

In view of John Armstong's research, the 2 Oswalds, could this be Lee who wasn't shot by Ruby? Does anyone have an opinion on the Harvey and Lee theory?

In my reading about Oswald I never came across an interest in fly fishing or boating. I say this because the Avon Park, FL Donald O. Norton, whom people believed was Lee (not Harvey) Oswald, had these interests. Does anyone know?

Kathy C

kathy i believe he did some fishing while in russia but how deep his interest or extensive a hobby i have no idea... here he is with the zigers his friends,,b..

This is an interesting new find by researcher John Woods.

Jack

Jack,

Can you post exactly where John Woods found this? Was this in the JFK Records Collection at Archives II? If so, did it have a RIF#? Was there any document number associated with this photo?

Joe Backes

He would not say. Some of his sources must remain anonymous, he says. He did say that he has

more than 1000 copies of clippings of the Atsugi AP photos from various publications.

I have told you all that I know.

Jack

• 5 years later...

The Atsugi snapshots were either two or three different poses, of which the Wood's copy is one.

Here is another.

The AP apparently retouched one of the snapshots heavily before sending it out. This shows

that there were at least two versions used by newspapers.

Jack

The photo on the left

duluthAPatsugilho.jpg

Is not the source of this defection%20photo%20fwst%20copy.jpg

This is the source

lhosta10.jpg

And Jack white knew it because he was the one who produced the fake

Edited by Greg Parker